Dundee Utd v St. Mirren, 27/01/21

Hope JG changes the formation otherwise it’ll be a dull 0-0 draw or a familiar 1-0 defeat. Need a far more attacking formation.

Durmus to start and two up top.
9 league matches in next 30 days a quick turnaround is needed as whatever points total we get in those games I would expect a few teams to get more points in same period of time.

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:
11 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
Hope JG changes the formation otherwise it’ll be a dull 0-0 draw or a familiar 1-0 defeat. Need a far more attacking formation.

Durmus to start and two up top.

9 league matches in next 30 days a quick turnaround is needed as whatever points total we get in those games I would expect a few teams to get more points in same period of time.

At least, in a fairly short time, we will have an idea what the season has in store for us.

While I'm certainly in the boat that Goodwin has struggled since day one, it should be mentioned we very rarely take a real beating, which most other relegation candidates do. 

We are sitting in a decent position, if we can get ANYTHING from the games in hand we could be ok. 

image.png.22f90432c3013d48e0cc8eec90619914.png

Edited by faraway saint

A point in this game is not good enough. Ill give that Goodwin has build a decent squad but has no faith in them. Has no clue of his best line-up or formation. He should be getting pulled in and told to put a team on park to win games and if not can go just now. If he doesn't go 442 here will be disgraceful. 

I'd go for midfield of Foley, Flynn, McPherson and Durmus with Obika and Brophy upfront. Brophy must be thinking WTF have i come to, not one chance created for him in 3 games...

Edited by Guest

Would also be looking at Fraser at right back, offers absolutely feck all going forward and seems to get an easy ride. Very very average player. Shaughnessy needs a rocket up his arse as well..

13 minutes ago, God of war said:

I'd go for midfield of Foley, Flynn, McGrath and Durmus with Obika and Brophy upfront. Brophy must be thinking WTF have i come to, not one chance created for him in 3 games...

Can't see anytjing other than 4-5-1 on Wed with usual weird tactics and subs...

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Need to get the old heads back in Foley and Flynn , McPherson and Erhahon just didn’t work , and if JDH is out need cool heads.

I wouldn't play Erhahon ever again!

Edited by Guest

Earlier in the season when we were going through that losing streak, the manager admitted that he'd been too cautious in the way we were setting up and changed things. The last 4 or 5 games have seen us play in a similar way to those games. 

If he doesn't change how we approach and set up for games very soon, then this season will only be heading one way - and that is another fight to stay up.

Time for some experience to be brought back into that midfield. Ryan Flynn was arguably one of our best players before his injury- get him back in the team.

If he makes the right changes for this game and has the correct approach, then we've every chance of picking up points, 

If he persists with the cautious approach, then we'll get nothing. 

So we are reasonably content with the keeper and back 4, we know we need 2 up front because 1 just isn't working for us, our major issue is midfield. We can't afford to play both Durmus and Connolly as it leaves us too exposed in the middle. We need to play a defensive midfielder and a creative midfielder and an established player with a bit of calm. One of the wingers with JDH and McGrath with either Flynn or Foley to bolster the middle.

3 hours ago, God of war said:

I'd go for midfield of Foley, Flynn, McPherson and Durmus with Obika and Brophy upfront. Brophy must be thinking WTF have i come to, not one chance created for him in 3 games...

You would play McPherson who is suspended for this game? 🤣

3 hours ago, shull said:

God of war should be installed as St Mirren Manager this morning.

I don't think so given that he wants to select a player who is suspended for this game.

Shades of Stuart Pearce at Nottingham Forest when his wife pointed out he'd forgotten to select a goalkeeper.

These 9 games in 30 days give me the absolute fear i worry he will continue with the same negative tactics that have saw us be terrible since beating Rangers and gave us a lovely 7 defeats in a row earlier in the season.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
5 hours ago, God of war said:

These 9 games in 30 days give me the absolute fear i worry he will continue with the same negative tactics that have saw us be terrible since beating Rangers and gave us a lovely 7 defeats in a row earlier in the season.

To be honest I'm actually glad we've got a hectic schedule coming up which might stop me dwelling on yesterday...