Dundee Utd v St. Mirren, 27/01/21

Watched game:even when said a wasn't going to:but this love is forever lol:reminded me of one of my first away games at tannadice when Keith Walker,George shaw,Paul Chalmers and someone else scored to win 4-1 a think?night and day today compared to Sunday: Flynn was absolutely brilliant but whole team was good if only we played that team and formation and tactics on Sunday but enough of that: well done buds now same attitude against bigot brothers on Saturday please 
That's a Honey of a goal.

1 hour ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

My mind is all in a daze now when was the last time we scored 5 in a top flight league game either home or away

Pretty sure there was a 5-4 win over Ross County at home around 2012.

Can't remember the last time we scored 5 goals away from home in the top flight though.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Pretty sure there was a 5-4 win over Ross County at home around 2012.

Can't remember the last time we scored 5 goals away from home in the top flight though.

Think this was the last time. Also in Dundee.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1982&GameID=198303050

We scored 5 away from home in the following game too, but that was away to Airdrie in the Cup. 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A minor concern tonight was the state of our bench.

We had nobody else we could reasonably have brought on tonight other than kids so we look very light in depth.

This will definitely need looked at soon.

2 of the subs we brought on didn't too bad.

Edited by munoz

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We had nobody else we could reasonably have brought on tonight other than kids so we look very light in depth.

If we shift players out then I think it will be to bring in another couple , Foley being mentioned again is a surprise so maybe at least two decent players heading our way , hopefully 🤞🏻

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Two of the subs scored ya rocket!

2 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Thought young Ethan was immense tonight. Covered every blade of grass, and not afraid to put himself about.

Not a fan at all as think he is very immature in all aspects but tonight he broke up play brilliantly and really dug in, great performance...

Flynn and McGrath were outstanding tonight. As was Ethan and Durmus/Connolly. Throw JDH into that mix and we have a really good midfield. Admittedly D Utd were pish, but the shape worked and it seems a good old fashioned 442 may be the way ahead.

Defence picks itself, for the time being, we don't concede many. Goalie top drawer. Up top Brophy, who I thought worked his socks off tonight and will be an asset, with any 3 from Obika, Dennis or Erwin.

Was curious to see Brophy/Obika and did tonight. Now curious to see Brophy/Dennis with balls on the deck from midfield, or in behind.

Anyway, happy days. Off to the piggery with no fears on Saturday. COYS

3 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

If we shift players out then I think it will be to bring in another couple , Foley being mentioned again is a surprise so maybe at least two decent players heading our way , hopefully 🤞🏻

Goody has brought two youngsters back from loan, assuming the intention is to bring them in as appropriate or necessary.