Celtic v St Mirren, Saturday, 3.00pm

antrin

Big decision for JG for this game. Does he go with the players who started last night or change things around, bearing in mind we have lots of more important games coming in February? We really need to take points from some of them. The game against Celtic is a free hit, as someone else has pointed out.

16 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Big decision for JG for this game. Does he go with the players who started last night or change things around, bearing in mind we have lots of more important games coming in February? We really need to take points from some of them. The game against Celtic is a free hit, as someone else has pointed out.

I think you’re right - he has some big calls...  I honestly think this is a chance to get some points though - therefore I’d go same formation and line up as last night with one change, Connolly for Obika as we could use his pace on the counter.  

1 hour ago, pod said:

:unsure:  get nowhere with one up.   Have to go at them, their defence is questionable.     

I honestly can't see Jim going for 2 up top against a team like Celtic.

Questionable defence or otherwise, if we leave spaces they will destroy us.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, pod said:

:unsure:  get nowhere with one up.   Have to go at them, their defence is questionable.     

Very much so

But French Eddy is back and King Ned who always scores against us no matter who he plays for

Connolly has to stay as sub for me. We seem to get a better reaction from him from there

One thing i do hope we are practising set plays because they are murder defending them

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I honestly can't see Jim going for 2 up top against a team like Celtic.

Questionable defence or otherwise, if we leave spaces they will destroy us.

Then don't leave spaces with a 4-4-2 formation.

Celtic's main weakness is their defence, but if we are not attacking that weakness, we are unlikely to score.

4-5-1 has not worked well for us in the past and we have had to rely on a bit of luck along the way to pick up as many points as we have.