Celtic v St Mirren, Saturday, 3.00pm

antrin

I think you’re right - he has some big calls...  I honestly think this is a chance to get some points though - therefore I’d go same formation and line up as last night with one change, Connolly for Obika as we could use his pace on the counter.  

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I don’t think JG will be brave enough to go 4-4-2 again, but I can see him going 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 with Connolly and Durmus in midfield with McGrath behind the striker.
Not sure if we’ll start with the strength of Obika or speed and guile of Brophy.

Whatever formation and personnel we put out there are certainly some great options to come off the bench, if required.

No reason we can’t earn some points from this match.

58 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I wouldn’t disagree with this. I don’t think JG will be brave enough to go 4-4-2 again, but I can see him going 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 with Connolly and Durmus in midfield with McGrath behind the striker.
Not sure if we’ll start with the strength of Obika or speed and guile of Brophy.

Whatever formation and personnel we put out there are certainly some great options to come off the bench, if required.

No reason we can’t earn some points from this match.

Speed and guile of Brophy??? Are you watching a different player because at present he looks fecking honking, after watching Dennis last night he would be starting before Brophy. Obika is offering absolutely feck all and would be looking to get rid of him and Erwin in this window. Hopefully sign somebody who can win a ball in the air.

I'm not sure Flynn will start in this one. It's a big ask to come back after such a long lay off and play a full part in two games in such a short space of time.

As an aside. Like everyone, except for JG it seems, I thought we should have had him start on Sunday. We were so lightweight in midfield and I was astounded and dismayed that he, AND Foley, didn't even get a foot on the park. 

I also hope Jim doesn't do what he did v therangers. We more than held our own in the cup game Because we took the game to them then, in a space of a few days, we reverted to rabbits caught in the headlights.

We need to do the former on Saturday and I hope against hope that I'm wrong about Flynn.

21 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm not sure Flynn will start in this one. It's a big ask to come back after such a long lay off and play a full part in two games in such a short space of time.

As an aside. Like everyone, except for JG it seems, I thought we should have had him start on Sunday. We were so lightweight in midfield and I was astounded and dismayed that he, AND Foley, didn't even get a foot on the park. 

I also hope Jim doesn't do what he did v therangers. We more than held our own in the cup game Because we took the game to them then, in a space of a few days, we reverted to rabbits caught in the headlights.

We need to do the former on Saturday and I hope against hope that I'm wrong about Flynn.

Foley hasn't kicked a ball for us all season and has been nothing short of woeful in midfield.

Flynn I agree with. He has been on the bench for weeks and should have taken part way before United game.

For me Flynn is our best player in midfield and that includes Doyle-Hayes.

There is a growing tendency to criticise Obika which I think is totally undeserved.

He is one of the few in the team to show composure, strength and skill in laying off quick passes.  Sure, he, like many others, lacks in certain capacities but on balance he does contribute sufficiently well to be included in the team on Saturday and beyond.  

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

FIFY 

You plain stupid or just thick as f**k? Thought i asked you not to reply to me ever again you boring twat, couldnt help yourself. Honestly your boring as f**k! Go think up another amazing reply, you can't help it...

5 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

There is a growing tendency to criticise Obika which I think is totally undeserved.

He is one of the few in the team to show composure, strength and skill in laying off quick passes.  Sure, he, like many others, lacks in certain capacities but on balance he does contribute sufficiently well to be included in the team on Saturday and beyond.  

Obika is clumsy, struggles to win a ball in air. Has little to no composure so who is it you are talking about? Last season he got so lucky with ball hitting off him etc and going in it covered up just how bad he is. This year he hasn't gotten away with it and seeing how poor he really is.

The thing is he is in the team not as as a keeper, winger, attacking midfielder but as the main striker. His job is to score goals or make assists. However he rarely gets a shot away in a game hence Goodwin has signed 3 other strikers since to find someone than can cause damage in the penalty box.

2 hours ago, God of war said:

Obika is clumsy, struggles to win a ball in air. Has little to no composure so who is it you are talking about? Last season he got so lucky with ball hitting off him etc and going in it covered up just how bad he is. This year he hasn't gotten away with it and seeing how poor he really is.

angry the lord of the rings GIFagainst Hearts ...must have bounced off him at least 5 times in his 40 yrd run and finish... you dont half talk pish.... but stay angry its amusing

4 hours ago, God of war said:

His composure was demonstrated in our greatest win for a number of years when he give assistance to our second goal against Rangers.

17 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

I certainly wouldn’t be starting him, but as someone highlighted previously (on another thread?) our bench looked pretty light last night, after we made the three changes.

Would that have been 3 players lighter. :whistle

Why is there only 4 Premiership matches getting played this weekend 
What have I missed  ?
Everyone was due to play Scottish Cup ties after they were all postponed a number of top league fixtures were pencilled in for this weekend instead.

I presume the 4 teams missing out do not have games v each other available to move.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Everyone was due to play Scottish Cup ties after they were all postponed a number of top league fixtures were pencilled in for this weekend instead.

I presume the 4 teams missing out do not have games v each other available to move.

Thanks Ronnie.