Celtic v St Mirren, Saturday, 3.00pm

antrin

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Easy answer. Erhahon. 

Not so easy for others to decide - including JG.

We are lucky to have this wealth of talent in the midfield.

I agree however, that Doyle Hayes offers more bight in the midfield. One of Ethan's weaknesses is his indecision in the tackle, but Erhahon is a classy work in progress.

And we haven't even mentioned McGrath yet - one of the most improved players in the SPFL.

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

WTF is Goodwin doing. Can anyone see what formation that is ? Tait on the bench ??? Presumably Flynn is knackered after Wednesday

Not a chance Flynn was causing it on the 85th minute on Wednesday. Shitebag tactics at its best. Who is playing lb?

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

WTF is Goodwin doing. Can anyone see what formation that is ? Tait on the bench ??? Presumably Flynn is knackered after Wednesday

The only logical conclusion that I can come to is that this is looked upon as a free hit, so we're resting players for the forthcoming packed schedule. :unsure:

The green bigots have struggled to defend high balls. Must be relying on McCarthy and Shaughnessy at set pieces to exploit this.

I wonder what formation we're playing.

6 minutes ago, mattman said:

Not a chance Flynn was causing it on the 85th minute on Wednesday. Shitebag tactics at its best. Who is playing lb?

Can hardly call it shitebag tactics with Connolly, Durmus, McAllister and Dennis all playing.

All very attack minded players.

My worry is our lack of defence, not an over reliance on it.

After watching how utterly honking Dundee United were on Wednesday Hibs have to be a sure thing for tomorrow.
Livingston to carry on their tremendous run of form and I fancy St Johnstone to beat a Killie side who have lost their last 2 games. 
image.png.74bfc5339714a5a25aadff7ce5d1e18e.png

When you click on our fixture on BBC the page has the table as at 31st October, after 13 games.

We are in 11th place, level with Accies on 7 points.
9 behind United
7 behind Killie and Well
5 behind County

Not a bad turnaround since then.

Fingers crossed for today. Hope we have a real go at them. Absolutely nothing to lose.

COYS !!

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The only logical conclusion that I can come to is that this is looked upon as a free hit, so we're resting players for the forthcoming packed schedule:unsure:

The green bigots have struggled to defend high balls. Must be relying on McCarthy and Shaughnessy at set pieces to exploit this.

I wonder what formation we're playing.

Can't think of any other explanation.

Still disappointing though...

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I can only think we're playing 4-4-1-1 with Erhahon at LEFT back. ETA Not enough changes to explain resting players.  Is Tait carrying an injury?

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Can hardly call it shitebag tactics with Connolly, Durmus, McAllister and Dennis all playing.

All very attack minded players.

My worry is our lack of defence, not an over reliance on it.

I don’t see us playing 3 at the back, reckon either Cammy or Ethan will drop into lb or rb. Same team as midweek possibly with maybe Dennis starting for obika would of been my choice. We have a much stronger 11 than what we’re starting today, and with the season Celtic are having; we should be capitalising on it.

I can only think we're playing 4-4-1-1 with Erhahon at LEFT back. ETA Not enough changes to explain resting players.  Is Tait carrying an injury?
I suspect FTOF is correct and it's looked upon as the least important of the packed coming schedule so taking a chance on giving it a freshen up

I don’t see us playing 3 at the back, reckon either Cammy or Ethan will drop into lb or rb. Same team as midweek possibly with maybe Dennis starting for obika would of been my choice. We have a much stronger 11 than what we’re starting today, and with the season Celtic are having; we should be capitalising on it.
Can't see it... If so, why drop Tait who was one of our players on Wednesday?

Looks like a 3511 to me.
WTF?

A centre mid of McGrath, MacPherson and Erhahon?

This looks like a possible suicide mission! [emoji850][emoji26]

Baffling choice if we're considering this as three points already lost.

Celtic aren't in particularly great form, have a lame duck manager who has yet to make a signing this window AFAIK, are fragile with set pieces which accounted for our first two goals midweek - I know OK did it a coupla seasons ago but we were in the 💩 then.

Oh well as ever COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

With 9 games over the next 4 weeks it is no surprise Jim has rotated the squad as that is one hell of a fixture list.

Reckon we are playing a 3 - 5 - 1 - 1 . Hope Connolly is playing through the middle with Dennis as his speed could cause the Celtic centre half's a lot of problems

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

:rolleyes:

As I've said a few times, we rarely get a tonking so while we'll probably lose I'll go for 2-0, not the end of the world and we move onto the Hibs game. 

After seeing the line up the only likely part of the above being right is St Mirren nil.

Going to be a whoop de doo 90 mins.