Celtic v St Mirren, Saturday, 3.00pm

antrin

It's Hibs next on Tuesday
Checked out prices this morning 33/1 was price for St Mirren to beat Celtic and Hibs.

Last time I did this double bet was Championship Relegation Survival season Morton away Tuesday night, Falkirk away Saturday both teams to Score St Mirren to win was worth over £500 due to our high prices but bloody Falkirk equalised late on.

10 minutes ago, pod said:

If the last two result were off the back of the defeat in the cup, I will take it all day long  :thumbsup

How are we going to better this, over to you Jim. :notworthy

By the way..........f**king brilliant result.     :clapping

First, consolidate 6th place, starting on Tuesday.

Second, catch f**king Livingston as revenge and take their European slot. That has to be our season's goal.

Third, let's see where we are then.

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Dennis looks better than Brophy

The problem for Dennis was a lack of pre-season I think, so he's been playing catch up on match fitness.

He does look like a hell of a find.

The work rate is fabulous and he's not the only one.

Every player on that pitch today left everything out there.

When was the last time we played Rangers twice and Celtic once and both teams gave our goalie almost nothing to do across all 3 games?

Still trying to get my head around the fact that the last time we won at Celtic Park I was still living with my parents and hadn't left home yet.
Here's a wee bit of nostalgia....
Oasis were still a few years away from forming.
The Berlin wall had only just come down.
Maggie Thatcher was still in power.
English teams were banned from all European competitions.
Take That hadn't started.
There were only 4 TV channels and you had to watch what and when they decided.
Sky TV wasn't a thing yet.
Elton John had only just had his first UK number 1 with Sacrifice.
Freddie Mercury was still alive.
Most offices had a shared computer.
Mobile phones were not widely in use. If you broke down in your car, you either flagged someone down or walked to a nearby town for a public payphone.
The Maastricht Treaty which caused the Brexit stuff was still two years away.
There was no minimum wage.
Average starting wage for a fresh graduate in engineering was about £10k to £13k in London.
Monthly rent for a one room in a shared house in London was £250 to £300 including bills.
Average house price in the UK was £58k.
My friend bought a 2 bed mid terraced house in west London for £60k. That same house is now over £400k.
It was a completely different world altogether.
It was one of my last ever visits to either of the cheeks parks. I had a minging hangover and I remember it vividly

Oh and the first goal was scored by Gunni the second by Geordie Shaw if anyone needs reminding.

29 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
31 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
They were rubbish in the 1st half and we were fab. They looked so poor a side.
2nd half we were under the cosh but the team and manager (TACTICS SPOT ON) did us real proud.
All of the team played well... Durmus winner - when he scored last season we always took 3 points (I think)
We are a top 6 side (for now at least !)  and can score more than 1 goal in a match (2 games running)
10 points above the Hammers, 9 above RC, 7 above Well, 5 above Killie  and we've got games in hand too....
Can we catch Livi???

Can we catch our B team?

14 points behind but with 3 games in hand, and we play them on Tuesday, unlikely but you never know.

Would be quite funny if it happens, for all those that thought they were leaving for a bigger club.

Given the team selection, I didn't see that coming. Not only did we win. For most of the match, We deserved to. I was baffled by the team selection. Like most on here, I was wrong in my criticism. We actually started to look vulnerable after the substitutions but we held on for a win in a stadium where many a fan had NEVER seen one. I hope we have turned a corner and kick on. Well Done Goodwin. You're team selection was vindicated.

Sportsound buried Lennon immediately the match ended... then they dug the body back up: they've dissected it and reburied it and now it has been exhumed for yet another go.  

I quite like the guy so I find all this Sportsound fixation interesting and enjoyable.

I think we all now it's a definite Mowbray moment.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Sportsound buried Lennon immediately the match ended... then they dug the body back up: they've dissected it and reburied it and now it has been exhumed for yet another go.  

I quite like the guy so I find all this Sportsound fixation interesting and enjoyable.

I think we all now it's a definite Mowbray moment.

image.jpeg.41bd9b37c7be39bd5bbc7a70d9d5fe0f.jpeg