St Mirren v Livingston SPFL Premiership 20/2/21

shull

4 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

This will test the old adage of the players liking the games coming thick and fast.

While I think professional footballers should be able to cope physically with two games in a week I think they could have done with a midweek break in the middle of this run of games to help with mental fatigue. 

• 3 weeks later...
Need to be going all out to win this. Utd are away to Sevco and the Fermers are away also.
A win here will go a long way to securing the holy grail (tap 6), and reign Livi in , in our march towards European Football. 

Sneaky feeling United will beat Sevco this weekend

A narrow win for us would be as welcome as a convincing win

Saints 2-1 Livingston

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Saints 2-1 Livingston

Put your house on Rangers after the king of tipsters has posted this. :lol:

As for us, a draw look likely, although I will make my final prediction nearer the time, after consulting Bet 365. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Saints 2-1 Livingston

Cant see Utd getting anything, and hopefully a draw with the Fakes. 

2-1 Saints I agree with. 

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Another big game, after tonight's disappointment could do with a win here.

They could well have an eye on the cup final, we have to take advantage. 

Let's hope so. We could also do with some good news on the injury front being down to two subs with significant first team experience last night. The ability of both Flynn & McAllister to compete for 90 minutes at this level has also got to be in question. 

Still hoping for a Top 6 slot but I fear our recent schedule will prove too much for us.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Let's hope so. We could also do with some good news on the injury front being down to two subs with significant first team experience last night. The ability of both Flynn & McAllister to compete for 90 minutes at this level has also got to be in question. 

Still hoping for a Top 6 slot but I fear our recent schedule will prove too much for us.

I still think we might have enough in the tank to secure 6th, but I don’t see us catching Livi now.

Unless of course their recent results prove to be the start of a downward spiral. 

31 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I still think we might have enough in the tank to secure 6th, but I don’t see us catching Livi now.

Unless of course their recent results prove to be the start of a downward spiral. 

Has Martindale won Manager of the Month?

That would be a strong indicator.  :)

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

We are 5 points behind and have to play them twice.

It's not exactly a moonshot.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

We are 5 points behind and have to play them twice.

It's not exactly a moonshot.

Yeah I know, but my gut feel from last night and to a lesser extent last Saturday, is that until our injury issues are largely behind us, I don’t think we will be able to maintain the level of consistency that is likely to be required to catch Livi. Of course assuming they continue to perform themselves which they of course may not. 
I don’t fear Utd or St. J overtaking us, just that we won’t close the gap on Livi.

Obviously hope I’m wrong. Just a snapshot view at this moment in time. 

15 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah I know, but my gut feel from last night and to a lesser extent last Saturday, is that until our injury issues are largely behind us, I don’t think we will be able to maintain the level of consistency that is likely to be required to catch Livi. Of course assuming they continue to perform themselves which they of course may not. 
I don’t fear Utd or St. J overtaking us, just that we won’t close the gap on Livi.

Obviously hope I’m wrong. Just a snapshot view at this moment in time. 

United are erratic, capable of getting wins, along with an equal amount of gubbings, so they could go anyway.

St Johnstone, on the other hand, have become pretty steady, only narrow defeats to the OF recently and confidence is high being in the league cup final.

We've only managed one win in the last 5, but draws have kept us jogging along, a definite improvement from earlier this season, or most of last season, when we would probably have lost these games. 

Still on a knife edge IMO if we keep the top 6 place but we WON'T be in any relegation battle this season. 

Edited by faraway saint