St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 2/2/21

shull

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Worth remembering is although we have 7 home games in February, we have only won 2 out of 10 so far at home in the league  :shockaroony

Hopefully it will be 4 by this time next sat  :)

It is worth remembering but the key difference is, even although it's only been two games, our form is good. 

These last two games are, along with the three we had against Aberdeen (2) & Rangers our best results/performances of the season. (Probably)

IF we keep this up we can have a great month that could easily see us well away from the relegation area and in a strong position to be looking upwards. 

Looking at past form to predict future form is the very definition of a worthless task amd why so many punters lose money at the bookies.

Each game is different from every other game and can only be viewed in isolation. Form, good and bad, is always temporary.

Results like today's and Wednesday's should be telling us that.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Looking at past form to predict future form is the very definition of a worthless task amd why so many punters lose money at the bookies.

Each game is different from every other game and can only be viewed in isolation. Form, good and bad, is always temporary.

STFU ya absolute roaster. 😜

Do not disagree, however, the last two matches do fill me with more confidence than I would normally have in the run up to a home game with Hibs.

And there’s no doubt the players confidence will be great right now.

Be interesting to see if Hibs still have Porteous and Nesbitt for this match.

COYS !!

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

As well as witnessing that fine win at the piggery, this also came in. Is that Lou Reed I can hear?Screenshot_20210130-165807_bet365.jpeg

Do you think EAB just fecking stuck a pin in the games to pick his winners? 

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

STFU ya absolute roaster. 😜

It hurts because you know I'm right.

How many times are you going to say "Ah cannae see us winnin cos wur shite" and then end up surprised before you realise you need to treat each game as an entirely separate entity? 🤣

Listen to Uncle Oaky.

The fact that bookies do take into consideration prior form, along with other factors, to set their odds, is one of the reasons why there are so many rich bookies.

In order to determine these true odds, bookmakers will look at factors such as prior form, statistics, historical precedents, expert opinion and any number of other such factors that could impact the event in question. Following this research and analysis, the bookmaker will be left with what they deem to be the most accurate possible true odds of any outcome occurring.

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oxford, Hull and Brentford have all been on great runs recently so yeah, I did look at their recent form.

DU were utter dugshite against us during the week and beyond that have been on a bad run so I couldn't see anything other than a Hibs win.

44 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oxford, Hull and Brentford have all been on great runs recently so yeah, I did look at their recent form.

DU were utter dugshite against us during the week and beyond that have been on a bad run so I couldn't see anything other than a Hibs win.

Apparently, you , Ladbrokes, Willy Hill and Betfred are all wrong.:lol:

And for the forum wallopers benefit - I don't bet.

51 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Good luck with this strategy.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Apparently, you , Ladbrokes, Willy Hill and Betfred are all wrong.:lol:

And for the forum wallopers benefit - I don't bet.

Well, I COULD waste an evening trying to argue with an idiot like you or I could just go and enjoy the rest of my evening. Hmmm toughie. 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

It is worth remembering but the key difference is, even although it's only been two games, our form is good. 
These last two games are, along with the three we had against Aberdeen (2) & Rangers our best results/performances of the season. (Probably)
IF we keep this up we can have a great month that could easily see us well away from the relegation area and in a strong position to be looking upwards. 

Well since Hibs and Killie are the only 2 teams in the league that we haven't beat this season so far, hopefully the good form in the last 2 games will assist us in doing so.

Well since Hibs and Killie are the only 2 teams in the league that we haven't beat this season so far, hopefully the good form in the last 2 games will assist us in doing so.
And the fact we'll be disappointed if we don't beat them both at home speaks volumes about where we are right now.