St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 2/2/21

shull

19 minutes ago, ontariosaint said:

Birmingham have just signed another young forward from Man City, so this might rule out any move now

IF Hibs have scuppered his potential transfer then they will have one very unhappy player in their camp. It could even disrupt the dressing room.

ETA The last bit is wishful thinking.

Edited by stlucifer

Both are similar in many ways - for instance they are both good communicators and have a strong affinity to St Mirren.

However, JG has shown a greater loyalty to the club.

Remember the days when JR was being offered more attractive deals at St Mirren, and then the next day was off to 'Wherever FC' to interview to line his pockets further?

We have enjoyed a welcome period of stability with JG (as he promised) when he took over the job and no doubt one day he may be tempted to move on to greener fields.

But a few of us still remember when he was offered a move to the 'B team' as a player, he chose to remain at St Mirren and the rest is history.

Whereas with JR - it seemed to be an almost weekly scenario where he was being lured away from St Mirren.

With "St Mirren Till I Die" JR - his actions spoke louder than his words.

Having said all that, I will always be appreciative of the hope and new life he gave to St Mirren when we were going through a difficult period in our history.

27 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Both are similar in many ways - for instance they are both good communicators and have a strong affinity to St Mirren.

Remember the days when JR was being offered more attractive deals at St Mirren, and then the next day was off to 'Wherever FC' to interview to line his pockets further?

We have enjoyed a welcome period of stability with JG (as he promised) when he took over the job and no doubt one day he may be tempted to move on to greener fields.

But a few of us still remember when he was offered a move to the 'B team' as a player, he chose to remain at St Mirren and the rest is history.

Whereas with JR - it seemed to be an almost weekly scenario where he was being lured away from St Mirren.

Having said all that, I will always be appreciative of the hope and new life he gave to St Mirren when we were going through a difficult period in our history.

In the case of JR I'm sure if someone offered you a job at 5x your current salary you would take it too, that's what Sunderland offered. I'm sure there is a part of him still 'saints til I die' I don't think you can go through what he did in near 2 years of management with us and not have any effect and also as a player but he also has a family to provide for.

If Sunderland had won that playoff final, I'm sure he wouldn't be managing hibs now.

I agree that JG has brought an unknown stableness to the club (for some time) and now we are in a really good way for a change. 

Certainly beats looking to see howmany points needed to catch 10th place team.

If you can beat Dundee utd and Celtic no reason why can't beat hibs.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Time to move on isn't it?

This seems like another unnecessary kick at JR.

There's little that I hate more than jealousy. Not one of us would turn down 5x our salary so we need to let this go.

Jack gave his all for our club as a player and as a manager and will be remembered for that.

Constantly going on about his "lack of loyalty" is embarrassing.

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

......and the 2021 Nobel Prize for re-writing history goes to....