St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 2/2/21

shull

kick on as in holding 6th place and perhaps slowly catch if we can get some consistency , we have 2 games in hand so potentially only 4 points behind Livi which is not insurmountable but a big ask if we keep blowing hot and cold
Even if we put in a Livingston style run of games we would have to win 4 more games than they do between now and end of season which won't happen as much as I would like it too.

Seeing as there have been around 15 teams in this country who have graced Top 6 and just us & Hamilton from top league to not get be close to it, getting there this season would be nothing sort of a miracle after the run of defeats earlier in the season.

Relegation or play off isn't our worry this season, Top 6 challenge it is for us as Scottish Cup could end up binned.

35 minutes ago, magnus said:

Yep. Tait was certainly closest and wrong side.

Porteous is  abig powerful defender who just nicked in front of Tait. Hardly a hanging offense. 

Think we need to give credit to Porteous and stop blaming Tait.

Fraser was a lot more rash at the penalty and showed a complete lack of composure

38 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Porteous is  abig powerful defender who just nicked in front of Tait. Hardly a hanging offense. 

Fraser was a lot more rash at the penalty and showed a complete lack of composure

Aye, it's easy to criticise but some goals are just goals, no need to point the finger for every goal we concede. 

Edited by faraway saint

On pass performances i would excuse, Tait, even if he scored an og [emoji846]

42 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

i agree I think we more than matched them tonight. 

Impossible to really say, as I said earlier, we certainly had a grip on the game early on, they started to creep into it just on the sending off.

Anyway, not a bad performance TBH, watching the Killie game early on, they were getting slaughtered by Celtic, hopefully they are knackerd. :wink:

35 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

This. Surely we can't expect our players to win every cross that come into the box from a corner.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Made even worse by listening to this utter fud of a commentator 

This particular guy is terrible. When I hear it's him commentating I look forward even more getting back into the stadium where I won't have to suffer him. It's a discussion not a commentary. He never even said Hibs had a penalty until it was about to be taken. If you were on audio only you wouldn't have a clue what was going on. I presume he is not paid so maybe I shouldn't be so critical

8 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

This particular guy is terrible. When I hear it's him commentating I look forward even more getting back into the stadium where I won't have to suffer him. It's a discussion not a commentary. He never even said Hibs had a penalty until it was about to be taken. If you were on audio only you wouldn't have a clue what was going on. I presume he is not paid so maybe I shouldn't be so critical

he wasn't sure who the red card was for 😆

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This. Surely we can't expect our players to win every cross that come into the box from a corner.

The strikers have been criticised every time they miss a chance.

So it's fair game to point out when a defender doesn't do his job properly.

I'm absolutely certain that Tait will be raging that he let Porteous get in front of him.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The strikers have been criticised every time they miss a chance.

So it's fair game to point out when a defender doesn't do his job properly.

I'm absolutely certain that Tait will be raging that he let Porteous get in front of him.

And that's not always fair either.

There's chances and chances.

It's one of the key reasons I rarely comment/criticise individual players, there's so many factors involved. 

41 minutes ago, shetland said:

Kilmarnock will have no answer to our firepower.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 they must be crapping it from Brophy😀😀what a poor acquisition he looks so far...

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

andy cohen conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

So do you think Brophy has actually showed up well so far? Has been far worse than Erwin has ever been, has he actually even had a shot at goal or a shot on target....

1 hour ago, delpierro said:

Just saw highlights, never a sending off; genuine attempt to win ball: Yellow card, plus he wasnt the last man.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 clearest red card I've ever seen🤣🤣🤣