St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 2/2/21

shull

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Even if we put in a Livingston style run of games we would have to win 4 more games than they do between now and end of season which won't happen as much as I would like it too.

Seeing as there have been around 15 teams in this country who have graced Top 6 and just us & Hamilton from top league to not get be close to it, getting there this season would be nothing sort of a miracle after the run of defeats earlier in the season.

Relegation or play off isn't our worry this season, Top 6 challenge it is for us as Scottish Cup could end up binned.

If we win our two games in hand we'll be 4 points behind them.

No need to be so negative with so many games to go.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Funnily enough, that result stung more than the semi final defeat.

Our goal was another excellent piece of teamwork though and we are starting to look a lot more threatening against these sorts of teams.

Ach f**k it!

Aye, losing the semi final of a national cup is less painful than a league game.

#clueless 😂

Disappointing but certainly not disheartening.

We actually look like a threat going forward and generally defensively assured overall aside from the individual errors.

I think it was a red card, no arguments from me but certainly JDH making a pass back from a general non threatening situation half way up the park defies logic.

Onwards we go.Plenty to be positive about going forward.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, losing the semi final of a national cup is less painful than a league game.

#clueless 😂

I'm sorry. My mum told me not to talk to sexist pigs who break the law by using their phones whilst driving to photograph another "shit driver".

What can I say? She's my mum. You try saying no to her.

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, delpierro said:

Just saw highlights, never a sending off; genuine attempt to win ball: Yellow card, plus he wasnt the last man.

It's "denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity (A4)" that he was red carded for.

No such ruling as "last man".

As clear a sending off as you'll see I'm afraid.

I'm sorry. My mum told me not to talk to sexist pigs who break the law by using their phones whilst driving to photograph another "shit driver".
What can I say? She's my mum. You try saying no to her.
https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/cars/mobile-phone-driving-law-explained-what-current-rules-and-how-they-will-change-2021-3114652

[emoji848]

Sending off was pretty straightforward for me. Ball was well past Alnwick by the time he got to Boyle and he cleared him out completely. Porteous was quicker than Tait for his goal, but let's remember how good Tait has been for us all season. Wouldn't blame Fraser too much either, though he definitely knew what he was doing. Just gave a wee smile when the penalty was awarded.

Thought we were the better team until the sending off. Even after their goals, we kept playing and scored a fine goal on the break. Credit to Connolly and Obika.

As someone else has already said, we'd have accepted 6 points from these last three games before a ball was kicked. Only difference is that we might have expected to beat United and Hibs and lose to Celtic. If we can play as well again on Saturday, we'll take three points from a disjointed Killie team.

COYS!! 

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

The strikers have been criticised every time they miss a chance.

So it's fair game to point out when a defender doesn't do his job properly.

I'm absolutely certain that Tait will be raging that he let Porteous get in front of him.

You may well be right about Tait being angry, but getting beat in a 6 yard chase by a fraction by someone 10 younger is totally different than someone missing a sitter. 

There is 3 other players in the team that the finger of blame goes to before Tait. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Funnily enough, that result stung more than the semi final defeat.

Our goal was another excellent piece of teamwork though and we are starting to look a lot more threatening against these sorts of teams.

Ach f**k it!

Just proving you have never been to a semi final in your life   :lol:

Losing 4 semi finals in the early eighties still hurts me more than last night  :lol:

15 hours ago, Smithers Jones said:

Agreed.  I keep hearing though that he was Ross County captain so he must be great ? He's a full back that can't stop balls into the box FFS.

Thought we did not bad in second half despite being a man down, got up the park and scored a brilliant goal.  Tonight's defeat was entirely avoidable, all down to our mistakes.

On their day He and Tait are great but faster players get past them and their passing and crosses (few as they are) are often not very good.

Don't get me wrong - both give 100% and play for the team but if we are to improve we need better - and not just at fullback...

JG has mentioned the need for a left-sided full-back in various interviews. Over the weekend he said they were trying to get one in, but it clearly came to nothing.
Meantime we continue with Tait and Fraser. Not ideal, but we could a lot worse. Brandon Mason, anyone?
I'd take anyone rather than BM [emoji6]

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

You may well be right about Tait being angry, but getting beat in a 6 yard chase by a fraction by someone 10 younger is totally different than someone missing a sitter. 

There is 3 other players in the team that the finger of blame goes to before Tait. 

We can agree to disagree.

If we win our two games in hand we'll be 4 points behind them.
No need to be so negative with so many games to go.
Not being negative while it's mathematically possible yes realistically it ain't going to happen.

We have to win 4 more games than the best team results wise in Scotland right now to overtake them.

Thought even you might understand that maybe get your mummy to explain it to you.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Not being negative while it's mathematically possible yes realistically it ain't going to happen.

We have to win 4 more games than the best team results wise in Scotland right now to overtake them.

Thought even you might understand that maybe get your mummy to explain it to you.

Now, that made me laugh. 😉