St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 2/2/21

shull

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Is your mum a bimbo? 

It would explain a lot. 🤪

She's smart enough to know that you don't drive at 40 mph on a snow covered road and that you don't take photos on yer phone when driving. That puts her a couple of leagues above you.

True story. 20 years ago, a man who'd had a few drinks made the mistake of calling her that name to her face. She punched his balls so hard that the poor bastard couldn't walk properly for a week.

Let me tell you, my dad didn't make that mistake twice!

Edited by oaksoft

45 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Not being negative while it's mathematically possible yes realistically it ain't going to happen.

We have to win 4 more games than the best team results wise in Scotland right now to overtake them.

Livingston's form is irrelevant when it comes to those two games in hand.

Maybe your mummy should explain that to you.

Not being negative while it's mathematically possible yes realistically it ain't going to happen.

We have to win 4 more games than the best team results wise in Scotland right now to overtake them.

Thought even you might understand that maybe get your mummy to explain it to you.
Two games in hand and still to play them twice (if we finish in top six), so not just a mathematical possibility, quite "easy" really.

Of course, by the time we play them we could be 19 points behind them, and the situation's totally different.

All unbeaten runs come to an end, just need to look at ourselves and Sevco.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

She's smart enough to know that you don't drive at 40 mph on a snow covered road and that you don't take photos on yer phone when driving. That puts her a couple of leagues above you.

Made up story. 20 years ago, a man who'd had a few drinks made the mistake of calling her that name to her face. She punched his balls so hard that the poor bastard couldn't walk properly for a week.

Let me tell you, my dad didn't make that mistake twice!

Same as you going to a game.

Some family, delusional. 🤪

16 hours ago, delpierro said:

Just saw highlights, never a sending off; genuine attempt to win ball: Yellow card, plus he wasnt the last man.

15 hours ago, God of war said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 clearest red card I've ever seen🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You're clutching at straws there.

Oaky and God, you need to update yourselves on the rules I think. Delpierro has merit in his post.

The “last man” thing is no longer a guaranteed red card. If the tackler is deemed to have made a genuine attempt to get the ball, then the offence is now a yellow card. 
If you think Alnwick made no attempt to win the ball, then fair enough it’s a red.

I personally think he did make a fair attempt to get it and was just a little late. I don’t think his intent was to bring the man down. In that scenario, it’s a yellow.

This was discussed at length after the Man Utd game last night after the Southampton boy got sent off and David Luiz earlier for the same type of offence. Both were deemed to have made no attempt to get the ball.

This was particularly ridiculous in the case of the Southampton lad, as in his efforts to pull out of the tackle altogether, he was deemed to have made no attempt to tackle so was sent off. If he’d continued with the tackle, even if he’d fouled the man, it would have been a yellow. Mental. But that’s football for you these days. 

Last night was a bit of a downer.  Being beaten is hard to take but beating ourselves makes it harder. On the bright side, at least we didn't collapse after the first gaff by JDH. Alnwick can't be faulted. There wasn't a lot he could do. I don't understand why JG took Dennis off and left Brophy on. Not only does Brophy tend to go wide but Dennis has come into a bit of form and I would have fancied him to nick one. Their two goals though were, to say the least, avoidable. Poor defending collectively for the first and I'm at a loss to see what Fraser was thinking backing off. He would have been better fouling the player at the outset. For all I've been critical of Obika, he did well when he came on and the Saints' goal was another superb one.

At least it looks like Lyness will be an able deputy going forward while Jak has his enforced absence.

There was enough there to still be optimistic.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oaky and God, you need to update yourselves on the rules I think. Delpierro has merit in his post.

The “last man” thing is no longer a guaranteed red card. If the tackler is deemed to have made a genuine attempt to get the ball, then the offence is now a yellow card. 
If you think Alnwick made no attempt to win the ball, then fair enough it’s a red.

I personally think he did make a fair attempt to get it and was just a little late. I don’t think his intent was to bring the man down. In that scenario, it’s a yellow.

This was discussed at length after the Man Utd game last night after the Southampton boy got sent off and David Luiz earlier for the same type of offence. Both were deemed to have made no attempt to get the ball.

This was particularly ridiculous in the case of the Southampton lad, as in his efforts to pull out of the tackle altogether, he was deemed to have made no attempt to tackle so was sent off. If he’d continued with the tackle, even if he’d fouled the man, it would have been a yellow. Mental. But that’s football for you these days. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣clear goal scoring opportunity and goalie halfs him in two...doesn't matter if he meant it or not, if thats not a sending off then nothing is...as clear as you will ever see....

1 hour ago, God of war said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣clear goal scoring opportunity and goalie halfs him in two...doesn't matter if he meant it or not, if thats not a sending off then nothing is...as clear as you will ever see....

That’s the point I’m making. It’s NOT a sending off as long as he’s deemed to have made a genuine attempt to win the ball.

Daft as it sounds, that’s the new rule. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That’s the point I’m making. It’s NOT a sending off as long as he’s deemed to have made a genuine attempt to win the ball.

Daft as it sounds, that’s the new rule. 

9 minutes ago, party politics said:

I think that is for challenges inside the penalty box only...outside the box is still the same as before.

Yellow card - 

Unsporting behaviour (foul play, simulation, and denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by an offence which was an attempt to play the ball and the referee awards a penalty kick are included)

Red card

Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a deliberate foul (with no attempt to play the ball)

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Yellow card - 

Unsporting behaviour (foul play, simulation, and denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by an offence which was an attempt to play the ball and the referee awards a penalty kick are included)

Red card

Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a deliberate foul (with no attempt to play the ball)

I think THAT would be where there is wriggle room.

Alnwick is obviously not as skilled with his feet as he may be with his hands.

He attempted to play the ball.
Boyle just happened to be so much more adept at deceptive FOOTball than poor slow clumsy Alnwick.

4 hours ago, God of war said:

Away and dont talk shite half him in two he hardly touched the guy its like every diving c**t in football these days he went down as if he got shot to make sure the keeper got sent off I'm not saying its not a sending off but for f**ksake he made an absolute meal of it as did the guy for the penalty. I f**king hate modern day football if I was a referee I would  send off every one that went down after being tickled the cheating cunts would soon get the message. 

14 minutes ago, elvis said:

Away and dont talk shite half him in two he hardly touched the guy its like every diving c**t in football these days he went down as if he got shot to make sure the keeper got sent off I'm not saying its not a sending off but for f**ksake he made an absolute meal of it as did the guy for the penalty. I f**king hate modern day football if I was a referee I would  send off every one that went down after being tickled the cheating cunts would soon get the message. 

Hardly touched him🤣🤣🤣🤣was a shocking tackle...

Bit of a weak challenge.  First time I saw it it almost looked like he was trying to kick the ball but was too slow. 

If you want a real goalkeeper challenge, don't forget about the Artur Borec tackle (assault)  on Dargo? Nearly killed him!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/st-mirren-stars-jail-blast-999150

image.jpeg.95c97c410fb25f9658e4920f8544ccf9.jpeg