Jump to content

shull

St Mirren v Hibernian SPFL Premiership 2/2/21

Recommended Posts


kick on as in holding 6th place and perhaps slowly catch if we can get some consistency , we have 2 games in hand so potentially only 4 points behind Livi which is not insurmountable but a big ask if we keep blowing hot and cold
Even if we put in a Livingston style run of games we would have to win 4 more games than they do between now and end of season which won't happen as much as I would like it too.

Seeing as there have been around 15 teams in this country who have graced Top 6 and just us & Hamilton from top league to not get be close to it, getting there this season would be nothing sort of a miracle after the run of defeats earlier in the season.

Relegation or play off isn't our worry this season, Top 6 challenge it is for us as Scottish Cup could end up binned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, magnus said:

Yep. Tait was certainly closest and wrong side.

Porteous is  abig powerful defender who just nicked in front of Tait. Hardly a hanging offense. 

Think we need to give credit to Porteous and stop blaming Tait.

Fraser was a lot more rash at the penalty and showed a complete lack of composure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Porteous is  abig powerful defender who just nicked in front of Tait. Hardly a hanging offense. 

Think we need to give credit to Porteous and stop blaming Tait.

Fraser was a lot more rash at the penalty and showed a complete lack of composure

Aye, it's easy to criticise but some goals are just goals, no need to point the finger for every goal we concede. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Porteous is  abig powerful defender who just nicked in front of Tait. Hardly a hanging offense. 
Think we need to give credit to Porteous and stop blaming Tait.
Fraser was a lot more rash at the penalty and showed a complete lack of composure
On pass performances i would excuse, Tait, even if he scored an og

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

i agree I think we more than matched them tonight. 

Impossible to really say, as I said earlier, we certainly had a grip on the game early on, they started to creep into it just on the sending off.

Anyway, not a bad performance TBH, watching the Killie game early on, they were getting slaughtered by Celtic, hopefully they are knackerd. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Porteous is  abig powerful defender who just nicked in front of Tait. Hardly a hanging offense. 

Think we need to give credit to Porteous and stop blaming Tait.

Fraser was a lot more rash at the penalty and showed a complete lack of composure

This. Surely we can't expect our players to win every cross that come into the box from a corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Made even worse by listening to this utter fud of a commentator 

 

This particular guy is terrible. When I hear it's him commentating I look forward even more getting back into the stadium where I won't have to suffer him. It's a discussion not a commentary. He never even said Hibs had a penalty until it was about to be taken. If you were on audio only you wouldn't have a clue what was going on. I presume he is not paid so maybe I shouldn't be so critical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

This particular guy is terrible. When I hear it's him commentating I look forward even more getting back into the stadium where I won't have to suffer him. It's a discussion not a commentary. He never even said Hibs had a penalty until it was about to be taken. If you were on audio only you wouldn't have a clue what was going on. I presume he is not paid so maybe I shouldn't be so critical

he wasn't sure who the red card was for 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This. Surely we can't expect our players to win every cross that come into the box from a corner.

The strikers have been criticised every time they miss a chance.

So it's fair game to point out when a defender doesn't do his job properly.

I'm absolutely certain that Tait will be raging that he let Porteous get in front of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The strikers have been criticised every time they miss a chance.

So it's fair game to point out when a defender doesn't do his job properly.

I'm absolutely certain that Tait will be raging that he let Porteous get in front of him.

And that's not always fair either.

There's chances and chances.

It's one of the key reasons I rarely comment/criticise individual players, there's so many factors involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed but not downhearted. Hibs were there for the taking until the sending off and even then I felt we could have held out. Lost 2 soft goals but still thought we were the better team. Onwards to Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...