How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

6th. Maybe 5th.
Not for covid..??
4th.
Those two losses against Hibs really bother me.
We shouldn’t be losing to shite like that and I expect us to beat them in paisley.
Like St Johnstone our record against them is shocking we are long overdue a victory against them especially in Paisley.

Like St Johnstone our record against them is shocking we are long overdue a victory against them especially in Paisley.

Spot on. We beat Perth at home right enough.
The Hibs thing just gets to me a bit. That former player and manager connection winds me right up. If it wasn’t for those two losses we’d be challenging for Europe.
Speaking to a Celtic supporting friend of mine earlier and he said that he used to think Jack Ross would be their next manager. But now he’s looking at former Celtic player Jim Goodwin.
Not now.

Spot on. We beat Perth at home right enough.
The Hibs thing just gets to me a bit. That former player and manager connection winds me right up. If it wasn’t for those two losses we’d be challenging for Europe.
Speaking to a Celtic supporting friend of mine earlier and he said that he used to think Jack Ross would be their next manager. But now he’s looking at former Celtic player Jim Goodwin.
Not now.
I thought Ross was a stick on for Celtic job a few months ago with (Goodwin possibly going to Hibs) but not now, like the season they lost to Championship side Rangers in Scottish Cup Semi Final the end to that season made their mind up so they went all out for Rodgers.

This is a similar situation the new Chief Executive imo will need a "bigger name" to satisfy the fans desire to make up for this shambolic season so that rules Ross or Goodwin out.

I would like nothing less than to see Hibs season disintegrate in a similar fashion to Celtic starting on Tuesday and wipe that smug look of Ross's face.

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

We ARE challenging for Europe.

We have games in hand over Livi and we still have to play them.

Whether we can or can’t remains to be seen, but if we can finish 5th and one of the top 4 wins the cup, this is what we’d be qualifying for.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

If I’m reading it right, it sound like you’re straight into a group stage.

If we were to win the Cup it would be Europa League proper. 

Whether we can or can’t remains to be seen, but if we can finish 5th and one of the top 4 wins the cup, this is what we’d be qualifying for.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

If I’m reading it right, it sound like you’re straight into a group stage.
If we were to win the Cup it would be Europa League proper. 

It says NO teams will qualify directly for group stage.

I read that as referring to the Europa League Group stages not the conference group stages. 
"No teams will qualify directly to the group stage, with 10 teams eliminated in the Europa League play-offs and the rest coming from the Europa Conference League qualifiers."

I read it as 10 teams will "qualify" for group stage by being eliminated from EL qualifiers and the rest via EUCL knockout stage.

2 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Because we've gone from brilliant to shite and back again already this season. All it takes is a run of results, good or bad, to change the picture completely.

Of course, but that's football.

If fans can't allow themselves to get over excited about football then what's the point?