How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

I think we can finish 5th as we have been the better team v Livi all three times this season (even though they non-footballed us out in the semi final).

With Celtic misfiring all over the place, we just need Rangers to slip up and the Scottish Cup is also a realistic aim.

So 5th plus Scottish Cup should be our target 🙂 

(I'd also take St J to win LC to get it right up Livi - who are c*nts 🙂 )

It’s my only big St. Mirren supporting regret that I never got to go to any of our European away games. Even more so because that swine Jimmy H went to all of them and doesnae let me forget it.

My excuse record is as follows:-

Elfsborg/St. Etienne - Too young

Feyenoord - Too young

Slavia Prague/H - Too skint

Tromso/Mechelen - First baby just born a week before the Tromso game = too skint (and who am I trying to kid - no allowed).

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s my only big St. Mirren supporting regret that I never got to go to any of our European away games. Even more so because that swine Jimmy H went to all of them and doesnae let me forget it.

Feyenoord - Too young

Tromso/Mechelen - First baby just born a week before the Tromso game = too skint (and who am I trying to kid - no allowed).

I was at the away end at Mechelen- does that count ?

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Feyenoord - Too young

Did Jimmy H go to Tromso?I thought there were no Saints Fans at the game.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

There was around 20 fans who travelled over on the team charter.

A few of them post on here. 

Fkn freezing it was. Think it was September as well, god knows what it would like in December/January 

Edited by Jimmy H

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s my only big St. Mirren supporting regret that I never got to go to any of our European away games. 

Like wise. Seen every home game bar one (the unmentionable).  I was always offshore for away games. :( Listened to the unmentionable game while off Morecombe Bay and ended up in flood of tears. 😭 

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, HSS said:

A past pal of mine went.

Came back skint due to the price of beer being very expensive.

Told me 1 guy in the pub left some in his glass and there was a scrum to get it  :lol:

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

A past pal of mine went.

Told me 1 guy in the pub left some in his glass and there was a scrum to get it  :lol:

Tasted lovely being free

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A past pal of mine went.

I was in Gothenburg, Stockholm and Boras for the Scotland v Sweden and Elfsborg away double header in 1980

prices were eye watering, we were warned by an English couple on the Ferry over that a round of 4 G&Ts would set you back £28, a huge amount back then so we loaded up with more than our fair share of duty free on the ferry, but it still didn't last the whole 10 days.  

it was around a fiver for a pint (actually a half-litre) but wine was cheaper so for 3 of us a bottle of wine was the round for most of the time, there were off-sales but spirits were a second mortgage.

5 hours ago, shull said:

Tasted lovely being free

Was in the pub and. The fishing boats came in. They saw our scarves and would not let us pay for anything. Brilliant as it was abouf£5 a pint. I missed the bus to the game and had to blag  my way in. Stood behind the goal protecting a bottle of vodka. Was offered about £30 quid for it.

On all my Scotland supporting days, although Sweden was quite expensive, it was nowhere near the level of Norway and Iceland. 
I went to Iceland in 2002 and 2008. Norway in 2003, 2005 and 2009.

Norway was comfortably the most expensive in those days, but I believe from speaking to folk that have been to Iceland since the financial crisis, that it is eye watering now. 

10 hours ago, guinness said:

Biggest problem in Sweden , In . Small towns like Borus was finding somewhere to buy a drink. They hadhardly any pubs. The Swedes seemed to drink mostly In The house due to the price.

The only bar in Boras was in the hotel Saints were staying in,the Grand Hotel if I remember correctly.It was £3 a half pint which was far too much for a 17 year old HSS and friend so plan B was hatched.........stealing drink off tables 😂 So I send my apologies to anybuddie that was there and couldn’t find their newly bought drink 🍹 

Most of our bevying was done at the fountain in the town square with our supplies coming from the off sales.

Probably the best football trip I’ve been on.🏁

9C2D036A-4C68-4452-80DA-02643FDB84BF.jpeg

1 hour ago, HSS said:

The only bar in Boras was in the hotel Saints were staying in,the Grand Hotel if I remember correctly.It was £3 a half pint which was far too much for a 17 year old HSS and friend so plan B was hatched.........stealing drink off tables 😂 So I send my apologies to anybuddie that was there and couldn’t find their newly bought drink 🍹 

Most of our bevying was done at the fountain in the town square with our supplies coming from the off sales.

Probably the best football trip I’ve been on.🏁

9C2D036A-4C68-4452-80DA-02643FDB84BF.jpeg

At least we got a free feed and some wine off the roving waiters at the grand

we were staying there from the Sunday and couldn’t afford to eat there but in the Monday night we got out the lift on the wrong floor and landed in the ballroom where a private function was taking place 

We blagged our way into the buffet queue using discarded vouchers from the waiter station

the swedes are a trusting lot

as Leo said 

there was ham there was turkey (no caviar) and long talk glasses, etc