How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

Just now, Danish Buddie said:

Couldnt agree more 

Of course, we'll not always hit those targets but that's OK as long as we see every player busting a gut in every game.

I honestly think that this is the bare minimum we should expect.

All this "avoid relegation" pish should be booted out to sea.

7 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

We havent as yet but in my opinion we will this season in JG i trust we have a few injuries to key players at the moment but with the next 4 games we have it gives us the chance to cement the top 6,  2 games in hand over Utd 1 on Livi who are up next Saturday 

We're certainly in a position to finish top 6, something, early season, I never seen coming.

My main worry is our recent run of injuries, and every team has these spells, will see us lose this position but, at least we're safe, something we've not been able to say for a few seasons. 

8 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

We havent as yet but in my opinion we will this season in JG i trust we have a few injuries to key players at the moment but with the next 4 games we have it gives us the chance to cement the top 6,  2 games in hand over Utd 1 on Livi who are up next Saturday 

We probably need a wee rub of luck to help us out along the way but I still expect we'll get the points we need to finish 5th.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Of course, we'll not always hit those targets but that's OK as long as we see every player busting a gut in every game.

I honestly think that this is the bare minimum we should expect.

All this "avoid relegation" pish should be booted out to sea.

If GOW is happy just avoiding relegation every season thats his choice i personally want us to give everything every game every season. I want our players to leave eveon the pitch in every game 

19 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

If GOW is happy just avoiding relegation every season thats his choice i personally want us to give everything every game every season. I want our players to leave eveon the pitch in every game 

I want team to give everything as well but believe we are a small club who should be fighting relegation or 1st division championship...

5 minutes ago, God of war said:

I want team to give everything as well but believe we are a small club who should be fighting relegation or 1st division championship...

Once again we are not a small club show me something the back your statement up. If you believe we should always be fighting relegation or even worse be in the championship why if you dont mind me asking do you bother i for one wouldnt be happy with that every year 

5 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

Once again we are not a small club show me something the back your statement up. If you believe we should always be fighting relegation or even worse be in the championship why if you dont mind me asking do you bother i for one wouldnt be happy with that every year 

But we HAVE been that club? 

So, you either suck it up or give it up.

2 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

Why should we be fighting relegation 

Because do we not have 2nd lowest budget wages wise in league? I see saints in small league of 4 every year for relegation...well punching above our weight this year...

7 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

Fighting relegation every year or relegation is proof enough...ffs think we have only ever sold out stadium once  tinpot as feck

Just now, Danish Buddie said:

So on that premise Dundee are a small club Hearts are a small club but anyway its all about opinions. Doesnt mean there cant be a healthy debate 

Both those clubs poorly ran but will eventually come back, both bigger clubs than Saints...

4 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

Have been past tense its all about opinions i live for the here and now and look forward not back ive been following St mirren for 45 years through good and bad and we will finish in the top 6 

Wish folk would feck up about top 6, ffs we are in a league we will never ever win and folk going celebrate top 6 finish, is that what it has come 2? Would rather be fighting relegation than meaningless games, at least be an edge to them. What is point of being in a league u cannot win?

9 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

Has someone got a bee in the bonnet today did you not get a valentines card or something its an opinions based thread and from what i can see i have not been derogatory to anyone 

Calm down Mavis, I just don't see the point in a never ending debate about what you hope for and what the facts have been, for ever. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, God of war said:

Its amazing how some saints fans think we r a massive club and not the tin-pot mob we really are, most Paisley folk don't give a feck about Saints!

I agree most Paisley folk support the ugly sisters but that is the same in almost every town and city. I never claimed we were massive i just dont see us as small and i moved abroad years ago from Paisley.

3 hours ago, Danish Buddie said:

Has someone got a bee in the bonnet today did you not get a valentines card or something its an opinions based thread and from what i can see i have not been derogatory to anyone 

I'm going to save you a bit of time here bud.

Faraway Saint is a passionate believer that past performance is the critical factor in predicting future performance.

When we lose a few games he'll be posting that he can't see where a win will come from.

If we stop scoring he'll post that he can't see where a goal will come from.

If you post anything positive that he doesn't agree with, you'll be accused of being a "dreamer" whilst he, the great seer, is the realist who has his feet firmly planted in the ground. To him, this forum is an endless stream of "dreamers" who need put back in their place via his particular brand of emoji-filled sneering responses.

He views life through the rear view mirror.

That attitude is not for me, I have to say. I used to refer to this as the Scottish Disease because it is rife in the country and it's a poison which holds us back as a nation. That's a discussion for another thread I suppose.

You'll get used to his posting style. It's got him sin-binned several times and I dare say he'll be binned permanently at some point but while he's here you may as well know what he's like.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Edited by oaksoft

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm going to save you a bit of time here bud.

Faraway Saint is a passionate believer that past performance is the critical factor in predicting future performance.

When we lose a few games he'll be posting that he can't see where a win will come from.

If we stop scoring he'll post that he can't see where a goal will come from.

If you post anything positive that he doesn't agree with, you'll be accused of being a "dreamer" whilst he, the great seer, is the realist who has his feet firmly planted in the ground. To him, this forum is an endless stream of "dreamers" who need put back in their place via his particular brand of emoji-filled sneering responses.

He views life through the rear view mirror.

That attitude is not for me, I have to say. I used to refer to this as the Scottish Disease because it is rife in the country and it's a poison which holds us back as a nation. That's a discussion for another thread I suppose.

You'll get used to his posting style. It's got him sin-binned several times and I dare say he'll be binned permanently at some point but while he's here you may as well know what he's like.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

:lol:

5 hours ago, Danish Buddie said:

The problem we have though is or home form is pish so I think we will struggle in these next 4 games. 

24 minutes ago, elvis said:

The problem we have though is or home form is pish so I think we will struggle in these next 4 games. 

Watch u don't upset the happy clappers or forum clique, your not allowed to say ur own opinion...u need to agree with them!!!

Actually our PPG for home games is the best of the bottom 6 clubs, it's not as good as our away form but there's no need to exaggerate.

For what is still potentially our best league season in over 30 years, some folk seem to seeking out any and all downsides, we're a diddy team always have been, always will be - enjoy!

Edited by Bud the Baker