How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

Didn't think the fermers were going to win 3 in row.

Utd should be out of the equation at the weekend after they play Celtic. 

The Sainteeees face a difficult game against Hibs( albeit with home advantage).

We can secure our top 6 place even if we lose to Rangers. 

Not understanding the angst about this.

We've lost 2 in our last 10 and unbeaten in six. We're hardly on a dreadful run.

Saintees and Utd are unlikely to win their remaining games.

Top six will be confirmed before we even travel to Hamilton. St Johnstone will draw with Hibs and Utd will lose to or draw with Celtic.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not understanding the angst about this.

We've lost 2 in our last 10 and unbeaten in six. We're hardly on a dreadful run.

Saintees and Utd are unlikely to win their remaining games.

Top six will be confirmed before we even travel to Hamilton. St Johnstone will draw with Hibs and Utd will lose to or draw with Celtic.

I think it'll be more that other teams won't win as I can see us getting nowt from out two games.

That doesn't detract from the fact we are where we are because of the WHOLE season, something I've always said is the real assessment of our progress.

Our results recently haven't been "dreadful" but our performances have been, IMO. 

I think it'll be more that other teams won't win as I can see us getting nowt from out two games.
That doesn't detract from the fact we are where we are because of the WHOLE season, something I've always said is the real assessment of our progress.
Our results recently haven't been "dreadful" but our performances have been, IMO. 

Tend to agree. I don’t fancy our chances if we’re needing a win over Accies in the last match.
Keeping my fingers crossed that Hibs do is a turn on Saturday - would be about time - and that Celtic and Dons find their shooting boots against United.

Assuming we finish 6th, that’ll mean 5 games remaining after the spilt, by my reckoning we’ve already played Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen away twice, and Celtic and Livvy away once, so in theory that should give us 3 home games and 2 away.

But by my calculations after 33 games we would have played 17 home and 16 Away.

Does that mean that we will need to play someone away from home 3 times to balance it out to 19 home and 19 away over the season 🤷‍♂️

How the feck do they work out who we play, or do we benefit by getting 20 home and 18 away over the season.

Apologies if I’ve worked that out wrong. 

Edited by Jimmy H

Assuming we finish 6th, that’ll mean 5 games remaining after the spilt, by my reckoning we’ve already played Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen away twice, and Celtic and Livvy away once, so in theory that should give us 3 home games and 2 away.
But by my calculations after 33 games we would have played 17 home and 16 Away.
Does that mean that we will need to play someone away from home 3 times to balance it out to 19 home and 19 away over the season [emoji2369]
How the feck do they work out who we play, or do we benefit by getting 20 home and 18 away over the season.

Apologies if I’ve worked that out wrong. 
Basically, they make sure Celtic and Sevco can't complain then it depends who Peter Lawwell likes best.

Apologies I think I’ve got it wrong as we’ve played Hibs at home twice, assuming we finish top 6 after the split it will be Rangers and Aberdeen at home, with Celtic, Livy and Hibs away.  
They try at the formulation stage of arranging the fixtures to guess using previous years positions who will be top 6.

Thereby attempt to assure everyone an equal amount of home and away fixtures against each opponent.

Think we might have screwed it depending on who they thought would be top 6 instead of us.

29 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

They try at the formulation stage of arranging the fixtures to guess using previous years positions who will be top 6.

Thereby attempt to assure everyone an equal amount of home and away fixtures against each opponent.

Think we might have screwed it depending on who they thought would be top 6 instead of us.

Yeah good point, so that’ll probably mean the bottom six will be unbalanced as well. 

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

:unsure:

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

St Mirren has suffered from this in the bottom half in previous seasons.  

It's a weird one but there is rationale behind it, and it's ok as it won't hurt the Twin Cheeks.  :)

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 10:56 PM, faraway saint said:

Its well seen your not a regular at Saints home games- " dreadful /unbeaten in 6 " that doesn't equate to us that travel to games

I have seen performances from us that would make Albion Rovers look like Barcelona

Does anyone remember our first game down in 1991 at Raith- eh 7-0 , I was fecking there ….

At least FAS you will be chuffed that we have at least 4 more games against the Dons coming up this season and next season:wink:

41 minutes ago, JPB1957 said:

Hi just joined. Living abroad and retired from the army.

We will finish top 6 but it could be a nervous last game, The old goal difference could come into it but we will win at Hamilton and the farmers can't catch us. Then a battle with Livi for 5th

Welcome, but it won't belong before you wish you hadn't bothered.