How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's in our hands - I'd rather be in our position than the Fakes!

Absolutely...  and hopefully we can get the 3 points that will secure a top 6 place 

Probably too early for some on here, but what these last few weeks have told me is,  we seriously need to strengthen this team to have any chance of getting there next season.

Hearts,  Dundee Utd,  Motherwell,  St Johnstone will all be stronger and challenging next season 

36 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Absolutely...  and hopefully we can get the 3 points that will secure a top 6 place 

Probably too early for some on here, but what these last few weeks have told me is,  we seriously need to strengthen this team to have any chance of getting there next season.

Hearts,  Dundee Utd,  Motherwell,  St Johnstone will all be stronger and challenging next season 

Agree with you on strengthening the team, in saying that I think if honest the club are ahead of where they realistically thought they might be and that's where squad limitations are being shown up.

I think you are right with 3 of the other clubs with the exception of utd whose financial situation might work against them as they may have to start selling assets. 

As bad as it was today, better having a top 6 showdown game opposed to a relegation showdown

As unconvincing as we’ve been, if we can get that top 6 slot there has to be a seriously good chance of finishing 5th. Livi seem to have properly hit the buffers and if they fail to beat Accies next Saturday, we could be looking at a one game shoot out with them for 5th. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

On 3/3/2021 at 10:45 PM, djchapsticks said:

Top six will be confirmed before we even travel to Hamilton. St Johnstone will draw with Hibs and Utd will lose to or draw with Celtic.

How did the 1st part work out for u!

15 hours ago, elvis said:

Won't need to worry about getting sixth never mind fifth .The Johnnie's have that sorted.

You have a "suspicious mind" and that leaves me "all shook up". Against Hamilton top 6 "it's now or never" and "I believe" with you as "a good luck charm" we will get there. 😎 🍺 

Very important for us to get into the top six not just for the prestige,the prize money and the chance to get into Europe but to keep us away from the relegation battle. I know I'm sounding more of a pessimist than Elvis and I know that it would take a lot for any of the bottom three to catch us but I think we could go through the five games and get nothing. We have been rotten since beating Killie and need to get our act together. We have the players but that isn't enough in itself.

23 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Very important for us to get into the top six not just for the prestige,the prize money and the chance to get into Europe but to keep us away from the relegation battle. I know I'm sounding more of a pessimist than Elvis and I know that it would take a lot for any of the bottom three to catch us but I think we could go through the five games and get nothing. We have been rotten since beating Killie and need to get our act together. We have the players but that isn't enough in itself.

Arithmetically, I don't believe it would be possible for 4 of the bottom 5 teams to catch us.

Remember they all have to play each other.

Edited by oaksoft

20 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

During the rotten run you describe we haven’t lost to any of the bottom 6 sides, yet you think we’re suddenly going to lose to all of them. What nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

During the rotten run you describe we haven’t lost to any of the bottom 6 sides, yet you think we’re suddenly going to lose to all of them. What nonsense. 

I said could not would but worry about how we would perform in the bottom six. We may not have lost to any of the bottom six sides in that run but we came very near it. Perversely I think that if we do beat Accies it may be the boost we need to get playing well again and do much better than expected. 

3 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

I said could not would but worry about how we would perform in the bottom six. We may not have lost to any of the bottom six sides in that run but we came very near it. Perversely I think that if we do beat Accies it may be the boost we need to get playing well again and do much better than expected. 

We also came very near to winning at a lot of them too.

What's your point?

4 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Yes but the point I’m making is that if we’ve matched or beaten these teams while we’ve been rotten, then I don’t think we need to fear losing to them. 
Hopefully this won’t be put to the test. 👍

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s only just occurred to me that if Livi lose next Saturday, they could still finish outside the top 6. 
It would mean a 33rd game shoot out between us, them and St. Johnstone. Wins for the two Saints and a defeat for them would see us definitely go 5th and St. Johnstone potentially go 6th depending on GD. 

Livy also have a game in hand at home to Accies next Sat