How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

36 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Erm. I know. That’s why I said if they lose next Saturday, they could still drop out of the top 6. If they don’t lose they can’t. Think you’ve misunderstood my point.

Just never read it right.........but now that I have may I say you’re 100% correct

7 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

Very important for us to get into the top six not just for the prestige,the prize money and the chance to get into Europe but to keep us away from the relegation battle. I know I'm sounding more of a pessimist than Elvis and I know that it would take a lot for any of the bottom three to catch us but I think we could go through the five games and get nothing. We have been rotten since beating Killie and need to get our act together. We have the players but that isn't enough in itself.

Finishing bottom or even 11th isn't possible any more. Due to the bottom 4 all playing each other there is no realistic scenario where 5 teams below us can ALL pick up the required points needed. I mean maybe one or two if they go on a mad run but mad runs aren't possible post split for any more than maybe 1 or 2 clubs and even then they'd be doing do at the the expense of other clubs already beneath us. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Finishing bottom or even 11th isn't possible any more. Due to the bottom 4 all playing each other there is no realistic scenario where 5 teams below us can ALL pick up the required points needed. I mean maybe one or two if they go on a mad run but mad runs aren't possible post split for any more than maybe 1 or 2 clubs and even then they'd be doing do at the the expense of other clubs already beneath us. 

If we don't make the top 6,  two clubs could just need to win 1 game to finish above us hardly what you' call a mad run  :whistle

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

If we don't make the top 6,  two clubs could just need to win 1 game to finish above us hardly what you' call a mad run  :whistle

Those aren't the clubs the poster is worried about.

It would most definitely take a mad run of results for all 5 clubs, or even 4 of the 5, currently below us to finish above us in the next 6 games.

It quite simply will not happen.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Title of this thread is "How High"

I do realise this is a near impossible thought for some of the Knickerwetters on here

If you think Saints are going down then please feel free to place a bet

Going down is not on the table this season no matter what the Elvis's of this world believe 

We will finish as high 5th or 6th or probably drop as low as 9th if we don't get the result we need in the £375.000 Mega, Massive, Biggest of the season game against Hamilton..  No Pressure then as were not in a relegation battle :shutup 

41 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Going down is not on the table this season no matter what the Elvis's of this world believe 

We will finish as high 5th or 6th or probably drop as low as 9th if we don't get the result we need in the £375.000 Mega, Massive, Biggest of the season game against Hamilton..  No Pressure then as were not in a relegation battle :shutup 

And there lies the problem, I really do think some love the season after season struggle for whatever reason and can't cope with a far more successful season.

Ok, the financial side isn't anywhere near the size of the EFL championship playoff final for the premier league place but for nearly all SPL clubs its huge so it that case I'd agree with the mega,etc description of game ahead.

If however things don't go right on day, there is the situation where we could consign broadfoot & co to the championship 🙂

20 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Livingston   Hibernian   Aberdeen  Kilmarnock   Hamilton   Ross C   Motherwell   Dundee U   Buddies                        Total Points

Kilmarnock  25                                                                                                   3                  3             3+3                  3                     3                                      43
Hamilton      26          3                                                               0                                          3               3                    3                     3                                       41
Ross County 29                            3                                             0                      0                                  3                    3                  3+3                                     44
Motherwell   35                                                                         0+0                    0                  0                                    3                    3                                       41
Dundee Utd  36                                                3                        0                       0                  0              0                   0                    3                                      42                               
St. Mirren     39                                                                             0                     0+0               0               0                  0                    0                                      39

While I'm not saying this will happen but, unless I've worked it out wrong, there is definitely a way for us to finish bottom of the pile.

Edited to add. It could even happen with us getting a couple of draws

Edited by stlucifer

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Livingston   Hibernian   Aberdeen  Kilmarnock   Hamilton   Ross C   Motherwell   Dundee U   Buddies                        Total Points

Kilmarnock  25                                                                                                   3                  3             3+3                  3                     3                                      43
Hamilton      26          3                                                               0                                          3               3                    3                     3                                       41
Ross County 29                            3                                             0                      0                                  3                    3                  3+3                                     44
Motherwell   35                                                                         0+0                    0                  0                                    3                    3                                       41
Dundee Utd  36                                                3                        0                       0                  0              0                   0                    3                                      42                               
St. Mirren     39                                                                             0                     0+0               0               0                  0                    0                                      39

While I'm not saying this will happen but, unless I've worked it out wrong, there is definitely a way for us to finish bottom of the pile.

You need furlough to end soon 😂

45 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That doesn't make sense to me, how can Ross county take 3+3 from us  🤔

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

This says more about you than it does any results... how long did you spend trying to prove this.... i take it a comet will end us all thursday... i mean it could happen 😄

16 hours ago, stlucifer said:

This is why it's 2,500/1 to happen currently with the bookies.

There is literally a 0.0004% chance of this occurring. 99.9996% of it not happening can more than reasonably rounded up to 100%.

23 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

That doesn't make sense to me, how can Ross county take 3+3 from us  🤔

You're right. Hamilton could though so that still gives Ross C 41 and Hamilton's tally to 44 making them swap figures.

I don't believe this is at all likely but it didn't take long to work out it was feasible though and I was playing Devil's advocate for those who said there was No Chance.

Edited by stlucifer

On 3/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

You need furlough to end soon 😂

Don't we all?

18 hours ago, DougJamie said:

This says more about you than it does any results... how long did you spend trying to prove this.... i take it a comet will end us all thursday... i mean it could happen 😄

Not long at all. I said immediately, without any proper tallying up, that it was arithmetically possible. I was simply showing how. Anyway. It won't matter after Thursday! 😂

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There is literally a 0.0004% chance of this occurring. 99.9996% of it not happening can more than reasonably rounded up to 100%.

Are you putting the bet on on the strength of my workings?

You guys are taking this far to seriously.

Edited by stlucifer

On 3/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, stlucifer said:

Aaaah!  That's refreshing!  :)

There's been too much gloom and doom  joy and frivolity gallumphing around this Forum, lately.

We're doooomed.

On 3/9/2021 at 10:53 AM, djchapsticks said:

Since when did reason matter on this forum?  :unsure:

7 minutes ago, JPB1957 said:

I read that the FM is going to cancel the OF game because of the threat of celebrations. Could she call an end to the season and if so do the current positions stand and Killie relegated

She could.. but I've heard from a very good source, who I can't name. A man famous for revealing exclusive signings in the transfer windows, That Sevco and Septic will be told their season is now over due to Covid breaches by their unruly hoards who can't be trusted, 

The rest of us will carry on as normal and play out the rest of the season,   :rolleyes: 

33 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

She could.. but I've heard from a very good source, who I can't name. A man famous for revealing exclusive signings in the transfer windows, That Sevco and Septic will be told their season is now over due to Covid breaches by their unruly hoards who can't be trusted, 

The rest of us will carry on as normal and play out the rest of the season,   :rolleyes: 

That's also what I heard...