How High Can We Finish This Season ?

shull

We are on a sticky  wicket  now ,the teams we have to play ,ie Kilmarnock  ,Ross County and Hamilton  are fighting for their livelihoods, we could ,if not up for the fight ,end up in a playoff place!
Mathematically we could still end up 11th but we won't. It's highly unlikely that either County or Killie will get to 40 points so we could probably lose all our games and still be safe. Killie would have to win all their games to finish above us and County would need to (at least) win 3 draw 1 AND have a 24 goal swing in their favour. Basically, it isn't going to happen no matter our results.

4 hours ago, Slarti said:
5 hours ago, waldorf34 said:
We are on a sticky  wicket  now ,the teams we have to play ,ie Kilmarnock  ,Ross County and Hamilton  are fighting for their livelihoods, we could ,if not up for the fight ,end up in a playoff place!

Mathematically we could still end up 11th

Is it though? 

Show me your workings

you fool 😜

Is it though? 
Show me your workings
you fool [emoji12]
County are 10 behind us, Killie are 11, they both have 12 left to play for and have already played each other so both could finish above us. United are already above us. Well are 2 behind us and still have United and Hamilton to play, win either of them and they could finish above us. If we lose all our games we could finish 11th but, as I already said, it won't happen like that.

27 minutes ago, Slarti said:
53 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:
Is it though? 
Show me your workings
you fool emoji12.png

County are 10 behind us, Killie are 11, they both have 12 left to play for and have already played each other so both could finish above us. United are already above us. Well are 2 behind us and still have United and Hamilton to play, win either of them and they could finish above us. If we lose all our games we could finish 11th but, as I already said, it won't happen like that.

Teams have to play each other, you haven’t shown all the permutations here you imbecile.

We’re already safe 

tit 

Teams have to play each other so I don’t think 11th actually is a possibility 
Ross County and Kilmarnock played each other yesterday - if we lose all our games and both of them win their remaining four games they will both overtake us. If Motherwell beat United or Hamilton then they finish above us as well.

Only Hamilton can't catch us so 11th is our worst possible finish.

I think we will get a point in Dingwall a week on Wednesday and that will put us safe.

Was answering a quote - hadn't read the thread until now.

Wasn't copying your homework [emoji846]

Teams have to play each other, you haven’t shown all the permutations here you imbecile.
We’re already safe 
tit 
I don't need to show ALL the permutations, just one where we could finish 11th. I did that and accounted for the one game that each team has already played after the split.

The fact that YOU can't understand that doesn't make ME the tit here.

We WON'T finish 11th, though.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, portmahomack saint said:

Going down is not on the table this season no matter what the Elvis's of this world believe 

We will finish as high 5th or 6th or probably drop as low as 9th if we don't get the result we need in the £375.000 Mega, Massive, Biggest of the season game against Hamilton..  No Pressure then as were not in a relegation battle :shutup 

I've not seen any reason to change my mind on where we'll finish,  

We came up short in the game we had to win a game we were strong favourites to win, 

I said before the game we should attack from the first minute to the last, Go for goals no sitting back,  The way the games meant to be  played,  What happened 

We spend the second half camped in our box defending a one goal lead, and finished the game with no strikers on the park, Great tactics

We got what we deserved 

This thread appeared when we had just beaten Celtic and the usual knee jerk reactions ensued.

This works both ways, when we lose it's the end of the world, sack the manager etc.

The early pages in this thread, and around the same time in the Jim Goodwin thread, are the same, knee jerk.

It's best, unless things are drastically wrong, to stick it out till the end of the season and assess where we are and where we, realistically, could go in the next season.

The top 6 was always out of reach IMO, although we did get much close than I thought, but at the end of the day we never made that.

It should be remembered we were one game from relegation last season so, unless we have a complete collapse, this season has been, as I'd hoped, a steady improvement.