So Farewell Then Captain Tom

shull

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe you, and the bitter, unfounded, political point scoring from a few  sad souls,  should realise this thread ISN'T the place as there are plenty of other threads for that stuff.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe you should read the titles before you start spouting off your usual bile, and show some respect.

You two are hilarious. It's a thread on a footy forum FFS.

You'd think it was a graveyard to the war fallen.

Get a grip the pair of you.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yes, well explained.

Maybe you, and the bitter, unfounded, political point scoring from a few  sad souls,  should realise this thread ISN'T the place as there are plenty of other threads for that stuff.

I know I've probably wasted my time as you're famous for failing to understand, or accept, the bleedin obvious. 

Oaksters way or the highway, he thinks he has absolutely nailed the one and only way to approach life, any deviation from that at all and a person is wrong. His arrogance is astounding. 

15 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Jesus wept....Shull started a respectful thread re the passing of a lovely old guy that did a lot of good...this is a fan forum not the Daily Express. Truely some total wankers on this forum... 

Shull started a thread. It was neither respectful, nor disrespectful. It simply stated a fact.

Everyone has a right to have a view on who used whom or whether the old man, Captain SIR Tom, to give him his proper title,  was used at all. They have the right to have their say on a thread that was dedicated to him.

As an aside. If it weren't for the BBC highlighting the old man's garden walk, we wouldn't even be talking about him. He was, as far as they were concerned, a novelty, light hearted, small story interspersing bad news. Fluff TV if you like. 

WTF anyone is getting worked up by others view on the story is beyond me.

For my part. I agree the old man's death has been brazenly used as a political smokescreen by Johnson and others in an incompetent government. 

His family admitted he took on the challenge to give him exercise and they thought it amusing at the outset. He has achieved a level of fame far beyond his dreams. The amount of money he raised was astounding and unexpected. The NHS shouldn't need to rely on these donations. His death was sad but, realistically, not surprising. If he truly was a man who believed money was needed for the NHS then I think there is no way he would want money spent on a daft statue.

All the comments, well most of the relevant ones, are true and valid.

Also. While not in any way trying to belittle his intentions, there are many others, inspired by him, and highlighted on TV who have raised fair amounts of money almost entirely due to their more than 5 minutes of fame on the Beeb and other channels.

Nonetheless. His intention to raise a hundred pounds was commendable.

RIP .

Oaksters way or the highway, he thinks he has absolutely nailed the one and only way to approach life, any deviation from that at all and a person is wrong. His arrogance is astounding. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Pot Kettle Black.

A new hospital named in Captain Sir Tom Moore’s honour is reportedly in the works as Downing Street considers ideas of a fitting permanent memorial.

The WW2 veteran, who captured the hearts of the nation with his incredible NHS fundraising during the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic, died on Tuesday at the age of 100 after a brief battle with Covid-19 and pneumonia.

Boris Johnson has informed the Moore family that he is “enthusiastically looking” at plans for a permanent memorial.

The family will have the final say after consultation with ministers.

A Number 10 source told The Sun: “People are very keen to see a lasting tribute to his fantastic achievement and naming a hospital in his honour feels like a great idea.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A new hospital named in Captain Sir Tom Moore’s honour is reportedly in the works as Downing Street considers ideas of a fitting permanent memorial.

The WW2 veteran, who captured the hearts of the nation with his incredible NHS fundraising during the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic, died on Tuesday at the age of 100 after a brief battle with Covid-19 and pneumonia.

Boris Johnson has informed the Moore family that he is “enthusiastically looking” at plans for a permanent memorial.

The family will have the final say after consultation with ministers.

A Number 10 source told The Sun: “People are very keen to see a lasting tribute to his fantastic achievement and naming a hospital in his honour feels like a great idea.

Wait, this can't be, investing in the NHS, that doesn't happen. :lol:

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wait, this can't be, investing in the NHS, that doesn't happen. :lol:

On the other side of that coin https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/oct/02/johnsons-37bn-for-40-new-hospitals-in-england  Boris likes overpromising and underdelivering as well as lying, his main character

"Bazil's way or the highway, he thinks he has absolutely nailed the one and only way to approach life, any deviation from that at all and a person is wrong. His arrogance is astounding."

See how easily it fits?
Probably not! Ironic really.

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, still investing, despite the cost of the pandemic?

Where did I say they weren't? if you re going to call me out on something try to keep up

I said overpromising and under delivering ,

pledge 40 new hospitals, emmmm no only 6 have been given any money to upgrade/build new by 2025 the rest have received afew quid to apply for planning between 2025 and 2030 not to build https://fullfact.org/health/six-hospitals-not-forty/

Pledge 50, 000 new nurses , but later forced to admit only 31, 000 with 19,000 hopefully retained however govmt ministers still refused to admit that they were lying/fudging the numbers. The pledge to add 31,000 new nurses is currently in doubt due to Brexit https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/09/boris-johnson-pledge-to-recruit-nhs-nurses-in-doubt

Boris Lying......think everyone knows too many examples of that.

3 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Where did I say they weren't? if you re going to call me out on something try to keep up

I said overpromising and under delivering ,

pledge 40 new hospitals, emmmm no only 6 have been given any money to upgrade/build new by 2025 the rest have received afew quid to apply for planning between 2025 and 2030 not to build https://fullfact.org/health/six-hospitals-not-forty/

Pledge 50, 000 new nurses , but later forced to admit only 31, 000 with 19,000 hopefully retained however govmt ministers still refused to admit that they were lying/fudging the numbers. The pledge to add 31,000 new nurses is currently in doubt due to Brexit https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/09/boris-johnson-pledge-to-recruit-nhs-nurses-in-doubt

Boris Lying......think everyone knows too many examples of that.

Was there a time limit on these issues?

Look, I don't really give a flying, I just get amused at the angst that other's get from things that are more complicated that they really know.

Thanks for messing up this thread again, in case you can't read, it's been established this isn't the thread for political bashing. 

32 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
In no way, shape or form is that correct. 

In no way, shape or form is that correct. 

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You seem to struggle with the difference between disagreements on a fan forum & thinking anyone that has a different emotional response in life is either ‘cringe’ or being dishonest. 

Now why don’t you go back to your multiple times broken promise of stopping messaging me? 👍

Edited by bazil85

You seem to struggle with the difference between disagreements on a fan forum & thinking anyone that has a different emotional response in life is either ‘cringe’ or being dishonest. 

Now why don’t you go back to your multiple times broken promise of stopping messaging me? [emoji106]
I will take that as point conceded, bawbag!

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!

You can take it anyway you want princess, it won’t make it true. I’m just pointing out the latest failure by you to stop messaging me [emoji1787]
Shhh... The bastion of last resort when point lost. I understand.

Anyway... as I so accurately pointed out...

Pot... Kettle... Black.

As you seem intent in proving now.
Your way or the highway! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Shhh... The bastion of last resort when point lost. I understand.

Anyway... as I so accurately pointed out...

Pot... Kettle... Black.

As you seem intent in proving now.
Your way or the highway! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I’ve highlighted your misunderstanding (not for the first time) if you still don’t get it, fine, I know you’ve struggled with basic points in the past. 

As for the ‘shhh’ point, you’re welcome to keep messaging, I just think you should go back to your promise not to as it clearly gets you so rattled 😢

I’ve highlighted your misunderstanding (not for the first time) if you still don’t get it, fine, I know you’ve struggled with basic points in the past. 
As for the ‘shhh’ point, you’re welcome to keep messaging, I just think you should go back to your promise not to as it clearly gets you so rattled [emoji22]
Do me a favour, needy bawbag.

Look back.

When was the last time we had a "discussion" that didn't end with me thinking feck it... The daft needy tosser can have the last word if it means that much to him?

Bet you can't find a discussion where you didn't have the last word!

The misunderstanding was all yours! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]