St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL Premiership 6/2/21

shull

Big player for us now Dennis but his injury record has not been great. Hope he recovers quick and gets a run in the team. Crying out for a player like him for ages.

Anyway, on to Saturday. Self inflicted last night but everyone makes mistakes. This Killie mob are rank rotten and hardly have a fit defender. Massive chance to put our foot on their neck!!

25 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

6 points between us and RC so we need to take care of Killie. Lose this and things get a bit tighter

6 points, 3 games in hand and +26 goal difference , not a chasm and not saying we are safe but more comfortable than just the Killie game

Hopefully no stupid errors and the Saints of the Utd and Tic games turn up

6 points, 3 games in hand and +26 goal difference , not a chasm and not saying we are safe but more comfortable than just the Killie game
Hopefully no stupid errors and the Saints of the Utd and Tic games turn up
Not 100% safe obviously but previous top league history with and without us in the league tell you it would take something crazy for us to finish bottom 2.

The 2 bottom sides (if we only won 2 more games for example) would suddenly need 6 wins in 14 games having only managed that total in 24 to get above Utd and ourselves.

We need to concentrate on Utd,Motherwell and Killie bottom 2 will be cast adrift.

Think that result at Accies last night was pretty significant , plus they have Sevco Sunday

Utd are going backwards as are Killie...……..

We must look up as 6th is just waiting there to be clinched , I would be really unhappy with 7th now ….

Accies 12th- Killie 11th

We have a good side, moment of madness cost us Tuesday, I am sure that will be hammered home at training this week....

Get the wins required for our safety and then see how high we can go.

3 or 4 wins before the split should definitely see us safe-more than that and we are realistically on for a top 6 finish. 

This is definitely one game that we have a very decent chance of maximum points, especially given Killie's current form.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was thinking let’s beat Killie this Saturday ahead of two difficult games at home to Celtic and away to Aberdeen. After that we have a run of 4 home games.

Then I thought, f**k! Of the 8 wins we’ve had this season, 5 of them have been away from home. So are we no very good at home? 🤔

I think its 6 away wins and 2 home. 

Must be the 1st time in a long time that this is the case.

Hopefully with so many games in Paisley this month, this can be evened up a bit.

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

I think its 6 away wins and 2 home. 

Must be the 1st time in a long time that this is the case.

Hopefully with so many games in Paisley this month, this can be evened up a bit.

You’re right. Believe it or not the away win I’d forgotten was Celtic!! 😳

Anyway, strengthens my question even more. 

It's evident up here and in England that closed door matches somewhat negate home advantage. Strange season all round.

That said, you are conditioned to believe home advantage is a good thing, so I will continue to believe that in February!!

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Pitch will be drenched with all this rain. Wonder what's the chances of games getting called off. emoji2958.png

Only light rain forecast for tomorrow with it going off around 10pm. Dry Saturday. 

Should be fine,  just get the pitchforks out.

Only light rain forecast for tomorrow with it going off around 10pm. Dry Saturday. 
Should be fine,  just get the pitchforks out.
For a couple of hours there I thought today was Friday. [emoji23]

Had just sorted my work wear for the wash and was wondering how there was only 4 sets of stuff, fcuk I was all set for going out tonight for a swally [emoji28]