St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL Premiership 6/2/21

shull

18 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Hey I,m not complaining, it’s great that you have turned a corner and now support the team fully. It’s just difficult for me to adjust to the new positive Shull given that you have run the club down for the last year in your various post in various threads. Can a leopard change its spots? We will see. 

Never spots

Always STRIPES for moi

Black and White yins

And on the rear of the Top tae

COME ON THE SAINTS !!!! :thumbsup

2 hours ago, antrin said:

This... middle-of-the-table comfiness is... a bit boring...  :(

I've not bitten my nails for at least a season.

What we have strived for since the 1980s

Not going to moan about this

Heading back where we belong and today reminded of those days

Weren't great but comfortable

Long may it continue

27 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Watched the extensive highlights, all 3 mins of it. Obika did a Devon Loch in the penalty box, not sure why. 

I thought it was a penalty , if you watch Obika cuts inside the Killie player and his momentum sends him flying . The Killie player also goes tumbling , and that's because he has made contact with Beeks . Highlights should have also showed the assault in JDH , which should have been red.

3 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I don't know who you are or what you are getting at.....however having just popped on to the old forum after watching a damned fine victory, followed by a bit of rugger I am somewhat disappointed to see someone acting the bellend.  Why are you being a bellend?

Another Saturday, another fine victory.

Big Jon was outstanding, Ilkay was as usual silky and I am especially pleased for Dean Lyness.

Indeed Tom, indeed, a leopard doesn't change it's spots after all. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

As bad as Killie were, and they were rotten, they did managed to get the ball into our box plenty of times and a better team would have punish us.

Need a good performance on Wed since Lennon won't want an other worst performance of his life again  :rolleyes:

With us winning plenty of away games, maybe the reason for us wearing the away strip was to improved our home record :lol:

All in all a decent performance by all the players considering the strong wind. 

No harm to Lyness who did nothing wrong, if Alnwick is available for Wed, them i hope he starts. 

I agree to a certain extent but like the Dundee United game, who were also rank rotten, we took advantage, in years gone by we haven't.

#That's the difference. 

14 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I thought it was a penalty , if you watch Obika cuts inside the Killie player and his momentum sends him flying . The Killie player also goes tumbling , and that's because he has made contact with Beeks . Highlights should have also showed the assault in JDH , which should have been red.

In order to be awarded a penalty, you have to be fouled in the box. Falling over doesn’t count. Decent goal by Mc Allister though.

JDH tackle should be a red. Obika makes a pigs ear of going down, contact or not his theatrics made it lucky he wasn't booked for simulation!

26 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Dennis out for rest of season. Damned shame. Hope we have him next season.

That's a real shame for him and the team. Just when he was starting to show his qualities. 

Hopefully a speedy return. 

Aberdeen are in a mess, can't buy a goal but I don't think it'll last.
Livi, aye, lost one from about a hunner games, calm down DJ. [emoji38]
We are 12 points behind Aberdeen with 2 games in hand and have to play them twice (if we get top 6). Like the Livi situation, it's "easy" to do. Then we would only be 5 behind Hibs with a game in hand and have to play them once, again, in our own hands.

Of course, it relies on us winning our 3 games in hand and beating these three teams in all of those 5 games, but let's be optimistic for once, at least until it's out of our hands. In 2 weeks we'll have played 2 of those games in hand and both Aberdeen and Livi, so we'll have a much clearer picture on how high we can finish. Until then, let the dreamers dream.

11 minutes ago, Slarti said:

We are 12 points behind Aberdeen with 2 games in hand and have to play them twice (if we get top 6). Like the Livi situation, it's "easy" to do. Then we would only be 5 behind Hibs with a game in hand and have to play them once, again, in our own hands.

Of course, it relies on us winning our 3 games in hand and beating these three teams in all of those 5 games, but let's be optimistic for once, at least until it's out of our hands. In 2 weeks we'll have played 2 of those games in hand and both Aberdeen and Livi, so we'll have a much clearer picture on how high we can finish. Until then, let the dreamers dream.

Aye, these games in hand, let's see...............................

First up, Celtic.

Hamilton, granted a much better prospect.

Motherwell, again, winnable.

As for beating Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingstone, while we don't lose any other games, dreaming doesn't cover it.

Maybe you've started on all that booze you say you have in the house.

Time will tell. 

PS your recent posts look good on paper, unfortunately you don't take into account these other teams, their players or managers.

I'd it was as straight forward as that I'd be rich. 🤪

Edited by faraway saint