St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL Premiership 6/2/21

shull

Aye, these games in hand, let's see...............................
First up, Celtic.
Hamilton, granted a much better prospect.
Motherwell, again, winnable.
As for beating Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingstone, while we don't lose any other games, dreaming doesn't cover it.
Maybe you've started on all that booze you say you have in the house.
Time will tell. 

It doesn't rely on us not losing other games, though. It requires us matching their points totals in the other games and getting our GD better than Aberdeen's.

See my edit.
We're done. [emoji849]

Re your edit:

No, it doesn't but, as I said, it doesn't need to. It is literally in our own hands (apart from Aberdeen's GD).

Is it likely? I'll let you know in 2 weeks (or maybe Wednesday [emoji16] ). Being St Mirren, we'll probably beat Celtic, Aberdeen and Livi and get royally humped by Hamilton, though.

Edit: Hold my hands up, f**ked up the Hibs bit, Livi and Dons still accurate, though..

I'd it was as straight forward as that I'd be rich. [emoji2957]

No you wouldn't, you'd be in the same position as you are now since bookies wouldn't exist as there would be no money in it because everyone could easily win. Or, are you saying that you have really lost that much over the years that you could be rich now if bookies didn't exist?

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aberdeen are in a mess, can't buy a goal but I don't think it'll last.

Livi, aye, lost one from about a hunner games, calm down DJ. :lol:

Nah....Saints won first time 31 years last week...Scots won 1st time 38 years yesterday..... and we are in top six and no fear of drop.... maybe its all a dream 😄

48 minutes ago, Slarti said:

We are 12 points behind Aberdeen with 2 games in hand and have to play them twice (if we get top 6). Like the Livi situation, it's "easy" to do. Then we would only be 5 behind Hibs with a game in hand and have to play them once, again, in our own hands.

Of course, it relies on us winning our 3 games in hand and beating these three teams in all of those 5 games, but let's be optimistic for once, at least until it's out of our hands. In 2 weeks we'll have played 2 of those games in hand and both Aberdeen and Livi, so we'll have a much clearer picture on how high we can finish. Until then, let the dreamers dream.

I’m at the guarded optimism stage at the moment.

If we win on Wednesday night, I will instantly become a rosy cheeked lunatic and will be shouting for us to put pressure on Celtic for the second Champions League slot. 🥳

That’s how easily swayed I am. It’s quite pathetic really. 😁

I’m at the guarded optimism stage at the moment.
If we win on Wednesday night, I will instantly become a rosy cheeked lunatic and will be shouting for us to put pressure on Celtic for the second Champions League slot. [emoji3060]
That’s how easily swayed I am. It’s quite pathetic really. [emoji16]
I'm not saying it's likely, just that it's in our own hands. Personally, I think we will finish above Livi, the rest is all ifs buts and maybes, but we'll see. At this stage, where we can realistically finish could change twice a week with all the games we have coming up.

20 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Hey I,m not complaining, it’s great that you have turned a corner and now support the team fully. It’s just difficult for me to adjust to the new positive Shull given that you have run the club down for the last year in your various post in various threads. Can a leopard change its spots? We will see. 

Maybe he's starting to enjoy his football again or he's had his first dose of Covid vaccine. 

18 hours ago, scam75 said:

JDH tackle should be a red. Obika makes a pigs ear of going down, contact or not his theatrics made it lucky he wasn't booked for simulation!

He just hadn't perfected it very well. :whistle  He should watch how the professionals do it.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, Ronnie said:

The Kilmarnock fan in work reckons they will be in a relegation battle and struggle to stay up.

I thought they might get the new manager bounce when they appointed him get enough points to be safe, then I heard Steven Pressley was favourite for job and went to work last night to tell him enjoy Arbroath away next season.

Unfortunately it was his night off so can't take the pi#s yet.

They've opted for Wright instead... not sure how that will go. Given they have a number of better players out through injury, if they get some of them back soon and Wright organises them a bit better, they may just pick up enough.  RC had an initial bounce but have not been doing so well recently. So I think it will be between those two for play-offs. Motherwell should be too good and Hamilton are the poorest squad in the league.