It's Their First Not Their Fifty Fifth.

shull

It's a case of them wanting to havetheir cake and eat it too.

New company, same club my F'n arse. The blue masses really jumped on that when the meeja started punting the idea.

Still to win a top Scottish cup competition. As Shull said. FIRST top League title.

Edited by stlucifer

Quite why the "number" is of any concern is amusing, it means feck all to most people. :blink:

Anyhow, Gerrard very honest on today's performance......................

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard says they "didn't deserve anything" against Hamilton Academical, despite only being denied victory by a 94th-minute goal.

Gerrard described Sunday's 90 minutes as Rangers' "worst performance" of a season in which they are still unbeaten in the Scottish Premiership.

I must admit to not understanding why it matters.

To me, it's a new club and it's fun to hit their supporters over the head with that but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? I don't think so. The club playing at that ground are still cheating their way to titles by spending money they don't have and there is still a duopoly which is killing our game as a competition. Old club, new club, none of that changes those basic facts and THAT is the key issue.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

To me, it's a new club and it's fun to hit their supporters over the head with that but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? I don't think so. The club playing at that ground are still cheating their way to titles by spending money they don't have and there is still a duopoly which is killing our game as a competition. Old club, new club, none of that changes those basic facts and THAT is the key issue.

The bit in bold  shows you have a clear understanding of  'why it matters'.

Scottish fitba  is corrupt.  The media that reports on it turns a blind eye and the Authorities running it are equally complicit in the sham being allowed to continue.

There is no genuine competition in Scottish fitba.  The leagues are run to serve the two buttock cheeks. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

How did they manage to require their ground and training ground?

My point is they owed plently of people money and made no attempt of ever paying it back

There has to be some kind of punishment

We all knew they would be back

Far too many bigots need an outlet which is deemed acceptable in this country

15 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

My point is they owed plently of people money and made no attempt of ever paying it back

Sevco's  training ground was mostly Financed (and is still owned by) by some Scottish Government sports arm.  I can't recall which one, at the moment. 

Similarly, the stadium that John Brown used to play for (also the car parks) is owned by un-named individuals who were daft enough to "invest " in clumpany shares.  When tits do go up, ownership of the stadium land may be worth a wee bit.

Edited by antrin

50 minutes ago, antrin said:

Sevco's  training ground was mostly Financed (and is still owned by) by some Scottish Government sports arm.  I can't recall which one, at the moment. 

Similarly, the stadium that John Brown used to play for (also the car parks) is owned by un-named individuals who were daft enough to "invest " in clumpany shares.  When tits do go up, ownership of the stadium land may be worth a wee bit.

Rangers will be going longer than you, suck it up. :byebye

1 hour ago, antrin said:

I'm sure there was some skullduggary regarding the purchase of the ground and training ground

3 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Yer club deid

Deal with it

You’re right, of course.

Rangers died. Its fans failed to save it.

They assuage their stricken conscience by lying to themselves... 

it is tragic.  :)

The new clumpany lets them imagine that the death didnae happen, but we all KNOW.

15 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

16 hours ago, antrin said:

The bit in bold  shows you have a clear understanding of  'why it matters'.

Scottish fitba  is corrupt.  The media that reports on it turns a blind eye and the Authorities running it are equally complicit in the sham being allowed to continue.

There is no genuine competition in Scottish fitba.  The leagues are run to serve the two buttock cheeks. 

I'm agreement with all of that.

I'm talking about whether it matters that their fans consider it 55 titles or 1 title.

That's a battle I'm not sure is worth the effort and IMO it's futile.