Contracts

Great turnaround in our season by the lads now let’s deal these lads in and make sure they aren’t picked off for a nominal fee from Hibs and the like. Let’s hope the board are already well down the line with the lads out of contract this year. Obika, Durmus, Connolly and for me if it takes three players wages get Jake Doyle Hayes signed up if we can. When he’s on it we’re on it. Lads different class. 

Edited by norrie82

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Incredible when you remember that plenty of fans had him written off after his first few games.

Its a feature of football fans, they also wrote off connolly and Dennis and currently Brophy without considering the time it takes for players to learn how each other play and understanding which runs they will instinctively make etc. Very few players are of the quality of JDH to show their worth in game 1.

The whole team is coming together very nicely now and hopefully will continue to improve, if we can hold onto the current crop and enhance them with the continued development of the academy graduates we could be in for a very good spell as Saints fans, after all these years we know how to appreciate the highs as we have had plenty of lows.

SS

1 hour ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Its a feature of football fans, they also wrote off connolly and Dennis and currently Brophy without considering the time it takes for players to learn how each other play and understanding which runs they will instinctively make etc. Very few players are of the quality of JDH to show their worth in game 1.

The whole team is coming together very nicely now and hopefully will continue to improve, if we can hold onto the current crop and enhance them with the continued development of the academy graduates we could be in for a very good spell as Saints fans, after all these years we know how to appreciate the highs as we have had plenty of lows.

SS

And Obika. And McAllister. And Erhahon.

In fact, it would be faster to name players who DIDN'T attract criticism from numpties. 😀

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And Obika. And McAllister. And Erhahon.

In fact, it would be faster to name players who DIDN'T attract criticism from numpties. 😀

They're professional footballers and, as such, are in line for criticism if they fail to deliver. As long as the same people can give praise where/when it is due then there is no need to criticise the critics. Only a numpty wouldn't see this as valid.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

They're professional footballers and, as such, are in line for criticism if they fail to deliver. As long as the same people can give praise where/when it is due then there is no need to criticise the critics. Only a numpty wouldn't see this as valid.

I can criticse whoever I want.

Those chucking out criticism of the players should be man enough to take it back.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Seems my post was accurate then.

What you've failed to realise is that as he's never been to a game he doesn't understand that criticising players is what supporters do, sometimes fairly, sometimes not.

I'm personally not a big fan of it, certainly not at the game, but it's better here, on a daft forum, than shouting in a players ear as it'll rarely have any positive outcome.

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What you've failed to realise is that as he's never been to a game he doesn't understand that criticising players is what supporters do, sometimes fairly, sometimes not.

I'm personally not a big fan of it, certainly not at the game, but it's better here, on a daft forum, than shouting in a players ear as it'll rarely have any positive outcome.

This has always been my feelings on it. I've never liked hearing the so called boo boys at a match. 

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So let me get this right. You want to be able to criticise players but nobody is allowed to criticise your comments?

Am I getting that right?

No. I don't think it right to criticise the people who criticise the players who are paid via those people's subscription to the club. 

But I've now been doubly vindicated.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

No. I don't think it right to criticise the people who criticise the players

Fair enough.

I thought you were more of a man than that but if your spine is made of jelly, so be it.

Oh and "Ah've paid so ah can say whit a want" just reeks of entitlement.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Where's does the line lay, when it's the manager has to take the criticism. 

I am not trying to be facetious here but I'm confused by this ?question? 

I'm guessing here but, if that question was about whether we should be able to cast aspersions on the managers team and tactics, i.e. , his ability, then yes. He comes under the same criteria as an individual player. In fact. Ask any good manager and he's likely to request that we fire criticism at him rather than the players under his guidance.