Contracts

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fair enough.

I thought you were more of a man than that but if your spine is made of jelly, so be it.

Oh and "Ah've paid so ah can say whit a want" just reeks of entitlement.

An intelligent man knows the difference between the criticism and the critic.

I'm sure you feel the same when you pay for something only to find out it's faulty.

No one suggests someone can "say whit they want". There are limits but they are allowed to criticise a player's ability or endeavour at any given time. That doesn't "reek of entitlement". It is all part and parcel of a PROFESSIONAL footballers on the field life.

The vindication knows no bounds.

Edited by stlucifer

On 2/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, norrie82 said:

Great turnaround in our season by the lads now let’s deal these lads in and make sure they aren’t picked off for a nominal fee from Hibs and the like. Let’s hope the board are already well down the line with the lads out of contract this year. Obika, Durmus, Connolly and for me if it takes three players wages get Jake Doyle Hayes signed up if we can. When he’s on it we’re on it. Lads different class. 

I personally think the club may wait till we get to a certain number of points on the table,  that are based on previous seasons as safe enough to finish above bottom two. I don't think we are too far away from that and could possibly had said amount of points by end of Feb if we take advantage of the amount of home fixtures we have. 

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear player contract chat last night. I think more and more, players are getting better advice on their careers, still not a majority but it's going in the right direction. Yes football is a short career but it doesn't mean jumping at the first sniff of more money is the right move and there is merit to build your game at teams like St Mirren. How many times do we see players jump from us to a Scunthorpe United or Grimsby town only to near fully fall off the map?

I know not all of their contracts are up but Doyle-Hayes, Connolly, Durmus, McGrath, McCarthy etc have had a really good season so far here and no doubt other teams will be circling, I think they could make a lot poorer decisions than another couple years development at St Mirren. 

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Glad to hear player contract chat last night. I think more and more, players are getting better advice on their careers, still not a majority but it's going in the right direction. Yes football is a short career but it doesn't mean jumping at the first sniff of more money is the right move and there is merit to build your game at teams like St Mirren. How many times do we see players jump from us to a Scunthorpe United or Grimsby town only to near fully fall off the map?

I know not all of their contracts are up but Doyle-Hayes, Connolly, Durmus, McGrath, McCarthy etc have had a really good season so far here and no doubt other teams will be circling, I think they could make a lot poorer decisions than another couple years development at St Mirren. 

Unfortunately its agents that dictate, do they really act in the best interests of players on their books. Do they really care if somebody like JDH is out of the game by they are say 25 erm naw because there will be others that will pay them say 5% of wage for their sevices😡

Some players might get better advice but many wont

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

7 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Unfortunately its agents that dictate, do they really act in the best interests of players on their books. Do they really care if somebody like JDH is out of the game by they are say 25 erm naw because there will be others that will pay them say 5% of wage for their sevices😡

Yeah absolutely, I think it's going in the right direction but there is certainly an education piece that these agents aren't necessarily giving the best long term advice on contracts. 

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Hmmm. Only if the agent was a very poor businessman. Anyone who knew what they were doing (and obviously believed in their client) would be very stupid to take that view. Future potential income is every bit as important as current income. 

Why would we want to let McAllister go????? started off poorly but he has had injury and fitness problems, last couple of games he played thought he played very well and his vision and delivery are very good.

He is one of the players not afraid to run at players and has got 5 assists and a goal this season so decent return for someone who is only now coming into his best for us. In fact I think he has more assists than anyone else in the team

So hes a decent player at SPL level which happens to be our level but you are not bothered if he left but you like Obika (so do I by the way) who is a decent squad player and yet Mcal's potential is greater than Obikas.

I guess its all about opinions but for me he is a good player to have in the squad and well worth keeping

If JG loses confidence in McAllister and can’t seal a deal with JDH, I may have discovered a potential replacement.

a big-boned lad, strong, could be knocked into shape quite quickly...

M’bappe...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fc-barcelona-vs-psg-live-stream-latest-score-champions-league-2021-result-watch-tv-lineups-b920027.html

53 minutes ago, antrin said:

If JG loses confidence in McAllister and can’t seal a deal with JDH, I may have discovered a potential replacement.

a big-boned lad, strong, could be knocked into shape quite quickly...

M’bappe...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fc-barcelona-vs-psg-live-stream-latest-score-champions-league-2021-result-watch-tv-lineups-b920027.html

🤣  in your dreams.

17 hours ago, Ethan said:

He is under contract till 2022 but I would not be fussed if he went. I just dont see him reaching his potential. He is a decent player at SPL level but we need better. 

Certainly is a big 12 months for him coming up , if he continues to blow hot and cold I can see him being let go. 

21 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

So hes a decent player at SPL level which happens to be our level but you are not bothered if he left but you like Obika (so do I by the way) who is a decent squad player and yet Mcal's potential is greater than Obikas.

I guess its all about opinions but for me he is a good player to have in the squad and well worth keeping

There is a very decent player in there. We have seen it before his move to Derby and in his season on loan. If he can re-find that form, we have a very good asset on our hands. Form is temporary, talent is permanent as they say.

6 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

As I've said before thankfully neither your opinion nor mine have any weight at the club. I leave that to the experts there., the fact that Jim continues to play him informs me more of his ability than your opinion

Was Morias that Jim kept playing a good player?

he was performing a role and doesn't any longer and has been moved on so whats your point? Junior had bags of energy but very poor decision making.

You seem to think you know abut footballers so who will replace 5 assists and 2 goals in the current team, better than any other especially from someone who had a slow start to the season and seems to be coming good.