Contracts

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

There is a very decent player in there. We have seen it before his move to Derby and in his season on loan. If he can re-find that form, we have a very good asset on our hands. Form is temporary, talent is permanent as they say.

Jim was saying that Kyle was carrying a lot of weight when he came back, struggles for fitness levels and has had to adopt lifestyle changes.

I'm not sure what is at the heart of that, whether it's his old injury, a confidence thing or something else.

Whatever it is, he is fast running out of time to earn a new contract and stay in the game at this level. On a positive note, he is starting to show signs of getting there in the last few games. Not sure about him being on the wing tonight unless we are playing tight on his side as I don't think he has the energy to pull off that position but we'll see. A fully fit, focussed, motivated and confident Kyle would be a joy to watch. Some of his recent touches have been absolutely brilliant and we just need to see consistently more than just flashes of this.

Jim was saying that Kyle was carrying a lot of weight when he came back, struggles for fitness levels and has had to adopt lifestyle changes.
I'm not sure what is at the heart of that, whether it's his old injury, a confidence thing or something else.
Whatever it is, he is fast running out of time to earn a new contract and stay in the game at this level. On a positive note, he is starting to show signs of getting there in the last few games. Not sure about him being on the wing tonight unless we are playing tight on his side as I don't think he has the energy to pull off that position but we'll see. A fully fit, focussed, motivated and confident Kyle would be a joy to watch. Some of his recent touches have been absolutely brilliant and we just need to see consistently more than just flashes of this.

Pizza.

Last night was McAllister first 90 mins in two seasons with us!

And I reckon he only stayed on because there was no-one to replace him as he had ran out of steam. There is no doubting the guy's talent, however, for what reason, he has absolutely no stamina. Any player that cannot last 90mins is always going to be a bit-part player - a 'super sub'. And because of his poor stamina he doesn't close down or chase back as much as he should. Kyle is talented and Jim recently said his fitness is improving but it will need to improve at a far faster rate if he wants to play at a decent level. I hope he makes it but it is a major worry.

10 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Mcal multiple times last night chased from almost the halfway line to close down their GK when back passes were made, I think his Stamina was fine but agree in the past it was suspect and only recently has he improved.

He can only improve with games.   Not having reserve games, means players coming back from injury don't get the game time, which I think Flynn and McAllister would have benefited before getting thrown back into the mix where it counts.  If the kids had also been playing their regular games, two or three of them could easily have been ready for the big team.  

On 2/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, God of war said:

McAllister is one i would let go, wasted wage imo.

Despite being our top assister?

You would think our academy players would get the benefit of the doubt from supporters, so far this week i've seen Erhahon, MacPherson and now McAllister getting slated. Bizarre.

When we signed McAllister back from Derby, I have to say I was quite excited about it. But I now realise that my excitement was based on his performances at Championship level. I really believe that he is just not good enough for Premier league level. Add to that, the fact that he is overweight and slow. I think Kyle will definitely go down as one who's potential slipped away. I really could see him down in League one or League two in 2 or 3 years. Unless his performances pick up dramatically over the next year and a half, he'll be gone at the end of his contract.

Urminsky, Fraser, Doyle-Hayes, Flynn, Henderson, Durmus, Connolly, Obika, Quaner, Jamieson........................Out of contract

Mason & Finlayson.............End of loan

Mason and Finlayson can definitely go back to their parent clubs.

From the out of contracts, I would keep all.    Fraser, Doyle-Hayes, Flynn, Durmus, Connolly and Obika being the priority.

I don't really know too much about Henderson and Jamieson. So, not sure about them.

As for Quaner, I would wait to see what happens there. Got to say he was a bit unlucky in Perth. Still could be a good-yin.

Edited by Prague Buddie

1 hour ago, Prague Buddie said:

When we signed McAllister back from Derby, I have to say I was quite excited about it. But I now realise that my excitement was based on his performances at Championship level. I really believe that he is just not good enough for Premier league level. Add to that, the fact that he is overweight and slow. I think Kyle will definitely go down as one who's potential slipped away. I really could see him down in League one or League two in 2 or 3 years. Unless his performances pick up dramatically over the next year and a half, he'll be gone at the end of his contract.

Kyle WAS overweight but he is now looking leaner and fitter. I wasn't impressed by his apparent lack of interest at the start of his return but he is getting better every week. I agree it's taken a while but he is getting there.

I think Jim has been a great influence on Kyle who was probably abit jaded by all his injury problems but seems to have knuckled down and is now showing why Derby bought him in the first place. Will he become what he could be who knows but if he keeps on putting in shifts like the last few games and keeps providing assists he will do for me, noone in the team currently can pick a pass like him as consistently as he does.

Urminsky, Fraser, Doyle-Hayes, Flynn, Henderson, Durmus, Connolly, Obika, Quaner, Jamieson........................Out of contract

From the out of contracts, I would keep all.    Fraser, Doyle-Hayes, Flynn, Durmus, Connolly and Obika being the priority.
I don't really know too much about Henderson and Jamieson. So, not sure about them.
As for Quaner, I would wait to see what happens there. Got to say he was a bit unlucky in Perth. Still could be a good-yin.
I think the deal with Finlayson was that he was integrated into the club and that we have already agreed a fee with the blue bigots to sign him at the end of the season. Not sure whether it's optional on our part or not.

Also, Durmus in papers today saying he wants to stay.

9 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I think Jim has been a great influence on Kyle who was probably abit jaded by all his injury problems but seems to have knuckled down and is now showing why Derby bought him in the first place. Will he become what he could be who knows but if he keeps on putting in shifts like the last few games and keeps providing assists he will do for me, noone in the team currently can pick a pass like him as consistently as he does.

Take a leaf out of Shankland book

As Jim Baxter said getting fit is the easy part of being a fitba player

He has the ability but has he got the application?

15 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

Only one I am not set on is the renewal of Flynn, think he still has a bit to do last quarter of games. Unfortunate nature of football because it's no fault of his own given the injury. 

50 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Only one I am not set on is the renewal of Flynn, think he still has a bit to do last quarter of games. Unfortunate nature of football because it's no fault of his own given the injury. 

Don't think you will get anybody agreeing with you about Flynn.

I not seen him put a foot wrong since he came back into the team. 

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Don't think you will get anybody agreeing with you about Flynn.

I not seen him put a foot wrong since he came back into the team. 

Absolutely Tommy, re-signing Flynn is a no brainer as long as his injury has healed.

Flynn's quite old in footballing terms and has had a serious injury he's also been used quite sparingly since his comeback against Dundee Utd. which makes me think he's not up to two full games a week at this level. Admittedly we're unlikely to be playing 5 consecutive midweeks again but I feel he's still got a bit to do to earn another contract.

A fully fit Flynn would've started against Hamilton midweek...