Contracts

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fairy Nuff but you seem to agree he was being rested which kinda makes my point. 

He also took a knock on his newly recovered knee on Saturday....for a guy that didn't play for a year his recovery is going just fine and he'll be building match fitness along the way

41 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Fairy Nuff but you seem to agree he was being rested which kinda makes my point. 

He had a long lay off with nasty injury, one has to be careful.   We couldnie phase him in gently with a reserve or friendly game or two, like one would normally.  

Edited by pod

Only one I am not set on is the renewal of Flynn, think he still has a bit to do last quarter of games. Unfortunate nature of football because it's no fault of his own given the injury. 

No surprise to see you talking down a prime asset and one of our best players boo boy.

Before you come up with the standard copy and paste shitey reply... You did put it out there for discussion! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In his few games back since regaining his position, Flynn has done more than enough to earn a 1 year extension. It's clear the young guys need a cool head alongside them and Flynn has provided exactly that. I'm not sure why anyone would be even considering releasing him in the summer. I hope Jim is looking to keep him.

23 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

No surprise to see you talking down a prime asset and one of our best players boo boy.

Before you come up with the standard copy and paste shitey reply... You did put it out there for discussion! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

We’re you on the bevy again yesterday? 

Your opinion is fine, you’re the one that fabricates my claim that no one can ever have a less than happy clap view of the club. I personally just think Flynn has to do a wee bit more. So far so good in the Livi game, keeps that up I’ll change my mind 👍

So does anyone know how good this lad actually is? Are we talking really special or just potentially another Morgan/Mallan type?

Can only go on the word of a father of a team mate. The ability is there. [emoji106]

Ha ha, not my lad. Just don't want to see a very good prospect sign a short term deal and disappear to a bigger club for nominal fees.

[emoji106]

On 2/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Nice to see Ryan get man of the match today and give a huge GIRUY to the boo boys who doubt him!

No doubt they will hide behind the "so glad he proved me wrong" cop out that boo boys do! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nope - he didn't play midweek cos he's not a first pick when JDH is available so still didn't manage 2 full consecutive games during the current hectic schedule. Next season he'll be another year older (33) - if he's a first pick next season I reckon we'll be bottom3.

I'll offer you a compromise - a one year deal on the basis that he's versatile and can cover a few positions but I  don't see him playing 30+ games at this level next season.

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Nope - he didn't play midweek cos he's not a first pick when JDH is available so still didn't manage 2 full consecutive games during the current hectic schedule. Next season he'll be another year older (33) - if he's a first pick next season I reckon we'll be bottom3.

I'll offer you a compromise - a one year deal on the basis that he's versatile and can cover a few positions but I  don't see him playing 30+ games at this level next season.

I'd play Flynn before JDH anyday. JDH flatters to deceive, slows play right down then makes a good looking pass. A lot of attacks stop when he gets ball and we go backwards.

4 hours ago, God of war said:

I'd play Flynn before JDH anyday. JDH flatters to deceive, slows play right down then makes a good looking pass. A lot of attacks stop when he gets ball and we go backwards.

This frustrates me.

His first 8 or so games he was playing in the area of the park that Cammy now occupies and was excellent there. Ever since then he's been getting played deeper and deeper and clearly been told to pick easier and easier passes.

Time to get him further up the park as it's obvious he can unlock defences with a single pass but is not being played in that area of the park to do so.

13 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Yes and will make his debut before the end of the season already confirmed by JG

Reid and Kieran Offord are the two names I hear more than any others. It worries me how much these lads have had their development stunted by a lack of football in the last year.

It's imperative that reserve football and lower age group football is brought back next season. Given the ongoing vaccine rollout, there is no real reason by August that it shouldn't be good to go again.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I must admit, I'm shocked that we haven't so much as given the young lads on the bench any game time at all this season. We aren't exactly chasing games habitually so it's time to give them a bit of a run out and first team minutes.

Edited by djchapsticks

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I must admit, I'm shocked that we haven't so much as given the young lads on the bench any game time at all this season. We aren't exactly chasing games habitually so it's time to give them a bit of a run out and first team minutes.

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Reid and Kieran Offord are the two names I hear more than any others. It worries me how much these lads have had their development stunted by a lack of football in the last year.

It's imperative that reserve football and lower age group football is brought back next season. Given the ongoing vaccine rollout, there is no real reason by August that it shouldn't be good to go again.

Yep. Reckon it may be potentially easier for a midfielder to break through. Saying that if the forwards don't start banging in some goals then who knows. Some of the academy football is delightful to watch. 

8 hours ago, truesaint said:

Yep. Reckon it may be potentially easier for a midfielder to break through. Saying that if the forwards don't start banging in some goals then who knows. Some of the academy football is delightful to watch. 

If the forwards we have on the park aren't contributing the least damaging position to give youth a chance is in this area. It doesn't severely impact on the rest of the teams performance. I'm not saying it isn't a gamble but if the young lads are showing enough in training then the risks are worth it. If they don't score then we're in the same situation we were prior to them taking their place. A kind of draw/win scenario if you like. And it gives them the much needed game time to continue their progress.

Edited by stlucifer

Do you think the focus is securing top 6? Then hopefully it will be to get the young guys game time?