Contracts

If Aberdeen are NOT looking at Jamie then they need their heads examined.

He's absolutely perfect for them and they are perfect for him.

He's ready to walk right into their team.

Other than Hibs and Aberdeen there isn't another better option out there for him in Scotland than staying here for another year. He might be ready for lower leagues in England but I think 2-3 years at Aberdeen and he'll be ready for the Premiership down South just like McGinn and McLean before him.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Other than Hibs and Aberdeen there isn't another better option out there for him in Scotland than staying here for another year. He might be ready for lower leagues in England but I think 2-3 years at Aberdeen and he'll be ready for the Premiership down South just like McGinn and McLean before him.

Mcginn and McLean both went to the championship. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Are we just a feeder club are every tom, dick and harry in the Scottish Premiership or is that just a silly question to ask. 

The selling on fee's have to be a lot more lucrative than they have be in the past.

Aberdeen will never offer us the value he is to us at present.   

1 hour ago, pod said:

Are we just a feeder club are every tom, dick and harry in the Scottish Premiership or is that just a silly question to ask. 

The selling on fee's have to be a lot more lucrative than they have be in the past.

Aberdeen will never offer us the value he is to us at present.   

Aberdeen and Hibs are not Toms, Dicks or Harrys.

And the offers from other clubs will determine McGrath's market value.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

McGinn was an exceptional player for us best since the early 80s. McLean less so but still decent, more of a Championship player. McGrath is not Premiership level for me at all, not even convinced he is Championship level at the moment ?

3 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Thought Aberdeen were supposed to be skint?

Also going to Aberdeen is def a step down, cant even see them in top 6 next year, 3 goals in 13 games is hilarious , and Glass will not be throwing many stones before he gets hooked

DUtd 1 Saints 5, Dandydons 0 DUtd 3, enough said !! 

I would rather Saints let Jamie's contract run down than sell him to the dons for next to nowt. If he has a good start to the 21-22 season there may be interest from league 1 or championship sides in England who, even if it were January, would probably offer more to get him then. He needs to trust and believe in his own ability.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Also going to Aberdeen is def a step down, cant even see them in top 6 next year, 3 goals in 13 games is hilarious , and Glass will not be throwing many stones before he gets hooked

DUtd 1 Saints 5, Dandydons 0 DUtd 3, enough said !! 

Dundee Utd 2-1 St Mirren, I love this game. :lol:

6 hours ago, lenziebud said:

McGinn was an exceptional player for us best since the early 80s. McLean less so but still decent, more of a Championship player. McGrath is not Premiership level for me at all, not even convinced he is Championship level at the moment ?

At the moment I would agree which is why I think a move to Aberdeen or Hibs first would be best for him.

5 hours ago, Danish Buddie said:

And prey tell how would you know that are you trying to say its only his penalty exploits they are possibly interested in.

Hes a decent player but without the penalties whats he got? 5 goals or something...not convinced he's as good as people are making out...

1 hour ago, JPB1957 said:

SAINTS SWITCH? St Johnstone star Michael O’Halloran transfer target for St Mirren as they weigh up raid on Scottish Cup rivals.

Again if you believe the Sun

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7033347/st-johnstone-michael-ohalloran-transfer-st-mirren-scottish-cup/

McGrath replacement?

9 hours ago, Bgsaint said:

May well be true but I hope Jim and Tony can persuade him otherwise if we truly are ambitious. 

I hope so too but it's not about ambition. It's about what we can afford to pay people and we can't compete with Aberdeen. The Brophy thing was a one-off. People seem to be getting carried away a bit over that.

15 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Takeaway you from this forum as no one is interested in your anti Saints pish

U really are a sad pathetic individual, were u bullied at school wee man?

1 minute ago, Slash said:

Not so long ago Aberdeen banned their players using their toaster and bought our old urinals from Love St. 😂 

True. :lol:

They still find enough money to pay some of the players several thousand pound per week though. Can't imagine we'll ever get to that position.