Contracts

28 minutes ago, Slash said:

Fuk it. Let’s just have another preseason friendly in Blackpool or Grimsby! emoji481.png emoji481.png emoji481.png

Back to the Championship for us. Let’s show no ambition!

After all we’d only spunk said money on travel and players! Let’s also stop paying taxes and facepainters! emoji23.png

🤣

Grimsby was a legendary trip. Much beverage was taken over the two nights. 

Was thinking the wee boy in the kilt that ran the full length of the pitch at half time to bare his arse to the Grimsby fans, would be about 27 or something now. 
Also at Half Time Jimmy H taking the most pathetic powder puff penalty kick against Scrim. Think Scrim just threw his bunnet on it. 🤣

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Fuk it. Let’s just have another preseason friendly in Blackpool or Grimsby! emoji481.png emoji481.png emoji481.png

Back to the Championship for us. Let’s show no ambition!

After all we’d only spunk said money on travel and players! Let’s also stop paying taxes and facepainters! emoji23.png

I'm still recovering from the last 2 Blackpool friendlies. Dont think I could handle a 3rd.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I must admit to feeling a wee bit hypocritical that I bang on about how the Champs League, Sky etc has ruined football, but I’m now rubbing my hands together at the potential prospect of us securing £3m for European exploits. 

That's because none of us in our wildest dreams thought it could be a possibility....

Oh and Tom English said it could be as much as £4/5m

Christ we could get Cheesy back on the books :whistle

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Here’s a wee fact which will perhaps give a wee note of reality to those who may seem surprised we lose out to the likes of Dons & The Embra duo.

Four years ago , one of those teams offered a weekly wage of five figures to an English League one player .   We could ( and do )fund an entire midfield for that. 

The gap was that big four years ago and I’ve no reason to believe it would be much different now. Everything is relative, yes Dons have some financial woes but not many Scots clubs are any different  , just different levels of skint / careful with money .

Think if its Hearts they are looking to offer Brora players contracts for next season …..

6 minutes ago, Slash said:

But I thought you are minted now? You could be our Craig Whyte with wealth off the radar! 💰 

I appreciate you never go to see St Mirren but SMiSA membership does not break the bank.

They are even looking at introducing a £5 a month subscription. One member - one vote regardless of financial entry point. You could even help influence decisions in the club with your wealth of knowledge. Make a difference.  

Cheeky wee rascal. No bites from me today.

12 minutes ago, pondsman said:

JG on the BBC website saying the club has had interest in McGrath from one club in Scotland and a couple in England. Making big noises about not letting him go for £100,000 or £200,000, but how much would the club really let him go for? £1m, £2m or more? 

£200,005 :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

JG on the BBC website saying the club has had interest in McGrath from one club in Scotland and a couple in England. Making big noises about not letting him go for £100,000 or £200,000, but how much would the club really let him go for? £1m, £2m or more? 

5 goals a season midfielder without the penalties, think you would be doing well to get £250,000.

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

Surely the point you made was they were ready for the premiership? But they were signed by championship teams. 

No that wasn't the point I was making.

The point I was making was that they reached the Premiership, using Aberdeen and Hibs en-route. As such, it's a valid route to get to the Premiership. Whether other steps are then required or not is irrelevant to the point.

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No that wasn't the point I was making.

The point I was making was that they reached the Premiership, using Aberdeen and Hibs en-route. As such, it's a valid route to get to the Premiership. Whether other steps are then required or not is irrelevant to the point.

It was the point you were making. Below is your quote. Don't turn into another basil and say I should know what you meant to say rather than what you actually said. 

On 4/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, slapsalmon said:

He might be ready for lower leagues in England but I think 2-3 years at Aberdeen and he'll be ready for the Premiership down South just like McGinn and McLean before him.

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

It was the point you were making. Below is your quote. Don't turn into another basil and say I should know what you meant to say rather than what you actually said. 

Sigh!

And I've now clarified it.

Feel better now?

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Ffs leave me out of it. If you haven’t understood what I’ve said on previous topics, I have always clarified. Maybe we should be looking at the common link in the scenarios? 🤷‍♂️