Contracts

2 hours ago, God of war said:

He's not sure he could get into the Aston Villa team now🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stitched up by the journo there. Easy to imagine how it could happen:

"You've improved, Jake... reckon you could you get into the Villa side now?"

"Haha, no, I'm not sure about that."

Sad to see Obika go, would have been happy to sign him back-up but got to trust Goody’s judgment. (Or maybe it was Obika’s call, just don’t know) 

Can see Flynn, Erwin (mutual consent sort of thing), JDH & Connolly going as well in the coming weeks. 

Would love to keep Durmus & more I think about it, Quaner as well. Think if he stays fit & gets his match sharpness on point, he’ll be a player for us. 

Wouldn't offer a contract to Connolly.  No end product whatsoever.

We need to find a version of Obika who can find the net more often.

Would bin Quaner also.

Would keep Durmus and Doyle-Hayes but they will go.

Probably McGrath too, hopefully for a decent fee.

Try and offload McAllister.

Flynn I think may be time to move on unfortunately.

So... a lot of work for Goodwin in the summer

Edited by lenziebud

Sorry to see Obika go. Thought he has done enough over the last couple of seasons to merit a new deal. 

All the best to the big man, and hopefully he'll get a new sorted at another club.

Thanks for the memories. 

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Wouldn't offer a contract to Connolly.  No end product whatsoever.

He definitely does, as evidenced by Wednesday evening and on other occasions.

However, he needs to do it more often. He wouldn't be with us, if he was more consistent with his end product.

It would be very difficult to replace both Durmus and Connolly.

4 minutes ago, delpierro said:
7 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
Fraser, Ethan and Dennis? I hope not 

Maybe, Ethan, put out on loan.

He’s been getting better all the time, still only a young player. If he continues to improve he’ll be very important next season. Played well today.

Fraser? Just signed a new contract did he not? 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

He definitely does, as evidenced by Wednesday evening and on other occasions.

However, he needs to do it more often. He wouldn't be with us, if he was more consistent with his end product.

It would be very difficult to replace both Durmus and Connolly.

Every time i hear it will be very difficult to replace this player etc. Not at our level, Durmus and Connolly are jobbing footballers, plenty of them around. Connolly is nowhere near good enough. Durmus was junk for a number of months early in the season but found form and contributed a lot. He is not irreplaceable though. Henderson looks like a player we can bring through, his end product is vastly better than Connolly and he will only improve. We need to improve in all areas of the squad because next season the Premiership will at its strongest for a number of years.

Edited by lenziebud

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

In fairness to Ilkay Durmus he caught Covid early in the season and it affected him pretty bad. I don’t think he was the only one affected in our squad as a result of the illness.

Aye thats a good point. Having said that even before the COVID outbreak I didn't think he looked interested for whatever reason. Second part of the season I think he has been really good and one of our best players. Thought he was outstanding against St J in the semi

Heard Erhahon will be moving down South. Super confident in own ability despite Barnsley experience. Too big for us. Hope not true as felt he has developed well this season. Would agree about most of the others if we can replace them with more consistent performers and more clinical strikers. Erwin has contributed much more recently to overall play but is employed to score goals as is Obika. We are over reliant on goals from midfield presently

43 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Heard Erhahon will be moving down South. Super confident in own ability despite Barnsley experience. Too big for us. Hope not true as felt he has developed well this season. Would agree about most of the others if we can replace them with more consistent performers and more clinical strikers. Erwin has contributed much more recently to overall play but is employed to score goals as is Obika. We are over reliant on goals from midfield presently

Would be sorry to see Erhahon go, can tell there is a real quality player in there and it's a position that many clubs find hard to fill. If he does go we can surely hope for a decent transfer fee and sell-on with his remaining contract. 

For me, sadly Erwin has been a massive let down bar a few flash in the pan moments (not even performances, movements for me) but more often than not he's been a liability. I heard the Erhahon rumour last week & the same person said Erwin was on the move as well with possibly an SP club interested. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by bazil85

20 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Apparently JG is set to announce which players will be departing

I assume he has replacements lined up and they are ready to put pen to paper once he makes the announcement. Then again I sometimes live in the land of make believe.  😀

Ffs is that Fridays good news then on Monday most walk out the door🤣hope thats not meant to soften blow of Durmus leaving..

Edited by Guest