Contracts

On 5/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, lenziebud said:

Wouldn't offer a contract to Connolly.  No end product whatsoever.

We need to find a version of Obika who can find the net more often.

Would bin Quaner also.

Would keep Durmus and Doyle-Hayes but they will go.

Probably McGrath too, hopefully for a decent fee.

Try and offload McAllister.

Flynn I think may be time to move on unfortunately.

So... a lot of work for Goodwin in the summer

I would love to keep Flyn because he is quality and Connoly because he is fast and a grafter

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Flynn's contract has been extended for a year. emoji106.png

Great move for both player and club.  

Club get a quality player

Player gets to have another season with the mighty buds knowing that this may well be his last year at this level before we wave goodbye and watch him join Top Bin at the tail of the bank to see out his career. 

So currently, we have 14 players who could reasonably expect to play in each game and 5 others including 2 spare goalies and 3 kids (Reid, Finlayson and Jack).

I reckon we need to find another 4-6 regulars who would push to be in the starting 11. At a push if all fans are allowed back next season we might be able to get to 7 others. We're waiting on 4 deciding including Jamieson who I expect will stay unless he's offered regular football elsewhere. I wouldn't include him as one of the 14 yet though. Mind you, Henderson came from nowhere and I've included him.

So, if JDH, Durmus and Connolly all stay we might be looking for another 1-4 players ready for the starting 11 depending on budget.

I wonder if McGrath getting selected by Ireland might convince Doyle Hayes to sign a contract with us again.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see McGrath sign a new deal on improved terms so we make a decent bit of coin when we sell him, heard he is very happy at the club. 

11 hours ago, JJ McG said:

I wonder if McGrath getting selected by Ireland might convince Doyle Hayes to sign a contract with us again.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see McGrath sign a new deal on improved terms so we make a decent bit of coin when we sell him, heard he is very happy at the club. 

It's a bit of a throwaway line with most players giving similar during these types of interviews. I hope we can tie him down longer but I wouldn't be reading too much into an interview with the Paisley Daily Express. 

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It's a bit of a throwaway line with most players giving similar during these types of interviews. I hope we can tie him down longer but I wouldn't be reading too much into an interview with the Paisley Daily Express. 

If it was me, I wouldn't sign a new contract with a year to go.

Especially when I'd just had an international call up.

I'd wait until January next season at the earliest.

I'd take my chances of a bigger club coming in with a lot more money - multiples of anything Saints can offer.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:58 PM, Yflab said:

Anybody seen @oaksoft

Does that include your good self? Simple Yes or No. I believe you like simple questions. 

If yes that’s great. I might even buy you a drink.

If no why not?

He can’t answer a simply question @antrin?

Maybe the last vaccine has caused him to lose his ability to use t’internet. 😂 

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Does that include your good self? Simple Yes or No. I believe you like simple questions. 

If yes that’s great. I might even buy you a drink.

If no why not?

I believe you like simple questions. :whistle 

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Unfortunately no, or you would be deleted. :wink:

Tried to get my profile deleted (to no avail) a few years back when there was a mountain of turd on here. Give it a try for yourself and maybe you/us will be more fortunate. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Is it one of our current group of players or someone we are bringing in?

Seeing as we all know we will be bringing in several players he will of course be right and that will give him a chance to say "see told you". He knows nothing just like the rest of us.