Contracts

I hope so. There is decent players out there
And at decent wage levels. Do a turn for us and move on like McGrath and probably McCarthy will eventually do.

More value in that market for us than trying to sign slightly above average existing SPFL players or taking chances from the English lower leagues which is a particular area of failure mostly for us.

Surprised at the comments on here that him leaving is a worry.

I was more often than not, unimpressed by him. In fact I'm pretty pleased that wages are being freed up to hopefully bring in better as his replacement.

While we're at it, we should be whipping that JDH offer off the table. I can understand that we were perhaps asked to wait until the end of the season for him to make a decision but we're long since into the 'are they taking the f**king piss?' category.

He's not half as good nor half as in demand as his agent wishes he was. If he wants a sideways step to a financially f**ked team being run by a junior manager such as Dundee Utd then that's his prerogative but it's clear he or his agent don't want him to be here, so lets not be hanging about for a guy who flattered to deceive for the last 4 months.

BBC reporting that Dundee Utd in talks with JDH and that JDH has rejected our offer.
That will be a real step back in his career. They not got loads of debt? How are they affording him? Or is it they will let him play the role he wants and not be pushed into a defensive midfielder role? Not then about Money?

16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Gutted with this one.
I don't think he got the regular starts he deserved.

One we might regret.

Wish him well.

Enjoyed watching him. Could really push on. Screenshot_20210615-155954.jpeg

Your gutted? 🤣🤣 can't be much going on in your life if your gutted..

19 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Where does it say he rejected our offer?

Dundee United head coach Tam Courts has confirmed the Tannadice club are in signing talks with Jake Doyle-Hayes, the 22-year-old midfielder who has rejected a new deal with Premiership rivals St Mirren. (The Courier)

7 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Dundee United head coach Tam Courts has confirmed the Tannadice club are in signing talks with Jake Doyle-Hayes, the 22-year-old midfielder who has rejected a new deal with Premiership rivals St Mirren. (The Courier)

Funny , that’s what I read also.  It’s great how some people look at things   
also reported as such in the Daily Ranger 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Funny , that’s what I read also.  It’s great how some people look at things   
also reported as such in the Daily Ranger 

As soon as he's publicly been confirmed as talking to other clubs, we should give up the chase. Clearly sees his future elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Talk about taking the club to the next level top 6 etc yet we can’t even keep a hold of players we want to keep at the club. 

Zero pace in that team now, Goodwin has a lot of work to do.

Dylan was the only player with any real pace. I think we lacked pace to start with. JDH was never signing a new deal imo. We should be looking at better who really can take us forward. 

40 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Dylan was the only player with any real pace. I think we lacked pace to start with. JDH was never signing a new deal imo. We should be looking at better who really can take us forward. 

Durmus was hardly a snail mate.

4 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Zero pace in that team now, Goodwin has a lot of work to do.

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

Dylan was the only player with any real pace.

There are THOUSANDS of decent players out there with bucketloads of pace looking for a deal for 2021-22 (and beyond) who would be happy to sign for us that are within our budget limitations. Nothing to worry about. Losing Durmus and Connolly is (at worst) an inconvenience, there are plenty of more than capable replacements out there.

Trust in Goody !!!