Contracts

Also his twitter comments when at Wolves.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/11/leigh-griffiths-wolves-racist-tweet
We don’t need that in our club. 
Let the person with no sin cast the first stone. I don't like the guy but if his goals keep us in the SPL I'll be OK with that. Then in the summer he'll be off.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

As far as I am aware, this is the list of who we stand to lose in the summer.

CONTRACT EXPIRING

Alnwick, McCarthy, Tanser, Millar, Power, Flynn, Erwin. (Hopefully all stay except Erwin. Not too bothered about Millar either way.)

LOAN EXPIRING

Gogic, Jones, Ronan. (I think we have a chance to keep Gogic, but Jones and Ronan will be well out of our reach I think)

Thoughts?

55 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

CONTRACT EXPIRING

Alnwick, McCarthy, Tanser, Millar, Power, Flynn, Erwin. (Hopefully all stay except Erwin. Not too bothered about Millar either way.)

LOAN EXPIRING

Gogic, Jones, Ronan. (I think we have a chance to keep Gogic, but Jones and Ronan will be well out of our reach I think)

Thoughts?

I think we’ll lose Alnwick,McCarthy and Ronan

1 hour ago, Prague Buddie said:

CONTRACT EXPIRING

LOAN EXPIRING

Thoughts?

Alnwick, Mccarthy, Miller will all leave, Erwin will be let go. The other contracted players will sign 1yr deals. 

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

I still have a feeling Alnwick will sign a new deal.

Hope so JJ,he pretty much won the 3 points for us yesterday with 3 amazing saves 🧤 🧤

Edited by HSS

Erwin, Miller and Flynn will be released.

Alnwick and Mccarthy will be offered new deals but leave.

Tanser has an option of a year but not specified if that's our decision or mutual. 

Power I'm still on the fence over. He is good in the tackle but plays us into trouble much, much too often.  I know folk love him and I think he's fine but I don't get the levels of adulation he receives.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Tanser has an option of a year but not specified if that's our decision or mutual. 

Power I'm still on the fence over. He is good in the tackle but plays us into trouble much, much too often.  I know folk love him and I think he's fine but I don't get the levels of adulation he receives.

I’m not so sure mate, I’ve heard Alnwick loves it here and gets on really well with Goodwin so I’m hopeful he might still stay.

31 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I’m not so sure mate, I’ve heard Alnwick loves it here and gets on really well with Goodwin so I’m hopeful he might still stay.

He also seems to have a great relationship with Jamie Langfield. 

On 2/4/2022 at 4:41 PM, santaponsasaint said:

Let the person with no sin cast the first stone. I don't like the guy but if his goals keep us in the SPL I'll be OK with that. Then in the summer he'll be off.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Is there anyone that’s actually worried we won’t be in the top league next season now? 

38 points would see a team 10th or higher in every season of the last decade. We are three wins from that with 14 games remaining. 

Edit: hopefully not famous last words. 😂

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Hope so JJ,he pretty much won the 3 points for us yesterday with 3 amazing saves 🧤 🧤

That's what he's paid to do he's not going to stand by and watch the ball go in like wee Maloney thought he should have done for them to score the 3/5 goals his team deserved to win the game the wee fanny.

24 minutes ago, elvis said:

That's what he's paid to do he's not going to stand by and watch the ball go in like wee Maloney thought he should have done for them to score the 3/5 goals his team deserved to win the game the wee fanny.

What was your prediction for the match at Easter Road Elvis?

42 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Is there anyone that’s actually worried we won’t be in the top league next season now? 

No - I don't forsee any situation where Dundee and St. Johnstone are going to put a pun together.

Mentioned it a few weeks ago, the game on Wednesday and the Dundee game, 4 points between those two and we can put looking behind us firmly to bed.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Power is Better than Erahon for sure tho and will surely be offered a new deal -  Flynn could be retained as a utility player perhaps on slightly lesser wage ? It would be wise to keep some experience and Flynn and Tait would be able to cover several positions but mainly as back up

On 2/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, SuperSaints1877 said:

Also his twitter comments when at Wolves.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/11/leigh-griffiths-wolves-racist-tweet

We don’t need that in our club. 

Playing for Wolverhampton that's the kinda of tweet that wouldn't go down too well having worked there a while,  but where's the rest of the story..  So what did Mr Zak Iqbal say to get such a response must be on twitter too.. 

4 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Power is Better than Erahon for sure tho and will surely be offered a new deal -  Flynn could be retained as a utility player perhaps on slightly lesser wage ? It would be wise to keep some experience and Flynn and Tait would be able to cover several positions but mainly as back up

Disagree on Power being better than Erhahon. They are two completely different types of player. Erhahon is much better at retaining possession than Power is.

Shaughnessy, Alnwick, Tait, Power provide plenty of experience in the squad. I don't honestly see where Flynn fits in next season. There's no point in keeping him around for sentimentality.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Disagree on Power being better than Erhahon. They are two completely different types of player. Erhahon is much better at retaining possession than Power is.

Shaughnessy, Alnwick, Tait, Power provide plenty of experience in the squad. I don't honestly see where Flynn fits in next season. There's no point in keeping him around for sentimentality.

Erahon seems to be given special treatment as he’s one of our academy. He offers little bar winning a few fouls and occasionally breaking up an attack. Not a bad lad but not in the same league as some of our other graduates who we lost ( for v little) . Power can be a little to keen on keeping the e ball but in general he offers much more than Ethan. You only have to look at Jims starting 11 each week and I’d say he agrees with me on this one 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I like young Ethan think he has great potential, but he now needs to start kicking on, last few games he's been a bit too sloppy in possession, you're right of course they are totally different type players 

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Erahon seems to be given special treatment as he’s one of our academy. He offers little bar winning a few fouls and occasionally breaking up an attack. Not a bad lad but not in the same league as some of our other graduates who we lost ( for v little) . Power can be a little to keen on keeping the e ball but in general he offers much more than Ethan. You only have to look at Jims starting 11 each week and I’d say he agrees with me on this one 

You're kidding right?

The amount of unwarranted criticism the lad gets is unreal. Our support are more unfairly harsh on him than anyone else in our squad.

You're kidding right?
The amount of unwarranted criticism the lad gets is unreal. Our support are more unfairly harsh on him than anyone else in our squad.
Its not unwarrented though. He doesn't start for good reasons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk