Contracts

9 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Erahon seems to be given special treatment as he’s one of our academy. He offers little bar winning a few fouls and occasionally breaking up an attack. Not a bad lad but not in the same league as some of our other graduates who we lost ( for v little) . Power can be a little to keen on keeping the e ball but in general he offers much more than Ethan. You only have to look at Jims starting 11 each week and I’d say he agrees with me on this one 

I would argue the opposite was true!!

Ethan is a good player and is getting better each year, some forget he is only 20 and still learning but I certainly hope we keep him for a good few years yet as he will form a good midfield anchor allowing the likes of Ronan, Kiltie etc (or whomever comes in in those roles) to do their thing.

He does get over criticised when he makes mistakes which I think makes him more nervous, Power makes mistakes but shrugs them off and gets stuck back in, Ethan tends to shrink back into himself when he makes one but he will learn I am sure with the coaches input.

I'm sure Ethan will turn out a big player for us , but he isn't at the moment , hence the signings of Power and Gogic. His head seems to be in the clouds half the time , concentration seems to be a problem. Against Aberdeen he came on late for Ronan and the first thing he did was attempt a dummy in the midfield area , the ball going to an Aberdeen player who started an attack. JG was giving him pelters about it after that attack broke down . 

I'm sure Ethan will turn out a big player for us , but he isn't at the moment , hence the signings of Power and Gogic. His head seems to be in the clouds half the time , concentration seems to be a problem. Against Aberdeen he came on late for Ronan and the first thing he did was attempt a dummy in the midfield area , the ball going to an Aberdeen player who started an attack. JG was giving him pelters about it after that attack broke down . 
He was also subbed at Ayr after making 2 errors in quick succession and got a bawling out on Saturday at Hibs for not tracking Scott Allan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, billyg said:

I like him but attitude is a big problem and I’ve heard that from a number of very reliable people.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

He was also subbed at Ayr after making 2 errors in quick succession and got a bawling out on Saturday at Hibs for not tracking Scott Allan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When you're brought on to shore up the defence you must show high levels of energy and a desire to track back.

Erhahon showed neither on Saturday and deserved a bollocking from the manager.

He's a talented player, but he needs to start showing so much more desire to succeed as a professional football player and not live off past accolades.

Edited by FTOF

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

When you're brought on to shore up the defence you must show high levels of energy and a desire to track back.

Erhahon showed neither on Saturday and deserved a bollocking from the manager.

He's a talented player, but he needs to start showing so much more desire to succeed as a professional football player and not live off past accolades.

Surely the penny will drop with him and not end up sent packing like McPherson and McAllister. 

On 2/6/2022 at 11:06 PM, djchapsticks said:

Disagree on Power being better than Erhahon. They are two completely different types of player. Erhahon is much better at retaining possession than Power is.

Shaughnessy, Alnwick, Tait, Power provide plenty of experience in the squad. I don't honestly see where Flynn fits in next season. There's no point in keeping him around for sentimentality.

Think Flynn deserves more game time. Thought he was the player that turned the game against Motherwell last week. Shit game and we did not deserve the win in the end but anything +ve in the 2nd half happened when he came on.

Ethan and Power about the same, IMHO. Both are good enough to be in the squad, but I wouldn't be too concerned if we lost them, either. Power has a presence on the field and is not shy about getting stuck in, but sometimes his performances can be woeful (Dundee Utd?!). Ethan stands out in my mind for scoring that absolute screamer against Aberdeen, IIRC, but generally is very average.

Ethan has a year left on his contract. He is the type of player who we should be tying down on an extension and work on his weaknesses as he has the makings of a very good player. I do get the feeling though that if he's not in the team he's probably making negative noise about it.

I have no doubt if it wasn't for covid lockdown, he would have most likely have signed for Barnsley, before we signed him on an extension. 

There is certainly a player in there. He is very different with his type of role, to that of academy players from the past that have went on to play at a higher level.
I thought last season he was one of our better players, though had a bit of a dip in form at the turn of the year last year.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking after the game yesterday on players put of contract end of this season:

* Alnwick
* Tanser
* Power
* Gogic (loan end)
* Ronan (loan end)
* Jones (loan end)
* Flynn
* Millar
* McCarthy

Alnwick will get a gig somewhere that pays more. He won't still be about. Tanser I heard it read he has a year option, but not sure if it's player or team that has the option.

What stood out to me was the fact that the majority of our starting midfield is away. Gogic looking to head home, Jones too rich for us, Goodwin also said need 500k to get Ronan.

Would we offer the likes of power and Flynn year extensions?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I was thinking after the game yesterday on players put of contract end of this season:

* Alnwick
* Tanser
* Power
* Gogic (loan end)
* Ronan (loan end)
* Jones (loan end)
* Flynn
* Millar
* McCarthy

Alnwick will get a gig somewhere that pays more. He won't still be about. Tanser I heard it read he has a year option, but not sure if it's player or team that has the option.

What stood out to me was the fact that the majority of our starting midfield is away. Gogic looking to head home, Jones too rich for us, Goodwin also said need 500k to get Ronan.

Would we offer the likes of power and Flynn year extensions?

Wouldn't be surprised if Alnwick ends up at Aberdeen, Joe Lewis is getting on and Gary Woods bit suspect. 

I would give power another year if possible, however I do think the rest may well be away.

I also think that Robinson has got his eye on a few players to bring in already. There is going to be a bit of a shake up in the national league next season where the salary cap is going to be applied. So the likes of Wrexham, etc who have attracted much higher standard of player because they can more than compete on wages with higher placed teams will come unstuck. National league standard now is probably on a par with higher end lg2/lower end lg1 to be fair. Much better standard than before.

Wouldn't be surprised if Alnwick ends up at Aberdeen, Joe Lewis is getting on and Gary Woods bit suspect. 
I would give power another year if possible, however I do think the rest may well be away.

Yeah. Millar has been a bit Meh to be honest. McCarthy will look for regular football. Totally see Alnwick at Aberdeen as Lewis is shite. I'd Maybe offer Power and Flynn year extensions, but it will be an interesting summer with the whole of our starting line up midfield mostly going. I'd ideally look to get wide players in and get Kiltie back in the middle behind the striker as he is much better there.

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I also think that Robinson has got his eye on a few players to bring in already. There is going to be a bit of a shake up in the national league next season where the salary cap is going to be applied. So the likes of Wrexham, etc who have attracted much higher standard of player because they can more than compete on wages with higher placed teams will come unstuck. National league standard now is probably on a par with higher end lg2/lower end lg1 to be fair. Much better standard than before.

Good point. I would like to keep Power and , if he will stay Gocic. Tender too. The others will be off. Flynn is also good to have as long as he doesn’t have to play too many minutes.