Contracts

20 hours ago, Rascal said:

Good point. I would like to keep Power and , if he will stay Gocic. Tender too. The others will be off. Flynn is also good to have as long as he doesn’t have to play too many minutes. 

I think if JG hadn't gone then I think Flynn may have got another year and possibly a way onto coaching set up. Power, definitely worth another year if possible. Seems to be the anchor we needed in midfield. 

I think if JG hadn't gone then I think Flynn may have got another year and possibly a way onto coaching set up. Power, definitely worth another year if possible. Seems to be the anchor we needed in midfield. 
Yeah sounds about right.

Gogic and Power I feel are very similar and too similar at times. With the chat being Gogic will be heading home, then I would look to keep Power. If Gogic was to stay, I would prefer him TBH as I feel he is better at that role.

From what I have seen of what Robinson has done in the past, he has liked the 4-3-3 formation. If that is the case, and say he moved to it, we would need another 2 midfielders who can string passes together (rather than being the type of player that cuts them out). Ethan is prone to holding the ball too long. We would need 2 in front of Power/Gogic that can hold the ball, but distribute it well also.

Will be interesting to see what Robinson does in the closed season.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

He did have a habit of digging out some decent forwards in his time with the 'well , the only thing that bothers me is his penchant for having several hammer throwers in his squads !

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

He did have a habit of digging out some decent forwards in his time with the 'well , the only thing that bothers me is his penchant for having several hammer throwers in his squads !

Could have been doing with a big hammer thrower up front against Hearts on Saturday they bullied young Grieve all game. Thought Main when he came on did well was one of his better cameo appearance's 

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Yeah sounds about right.

Gogic and Power I feel are very similar and too similar at times. With the chat being Gogic will be heading home, then I would look to keep Power. If Gogic was to stay, I would prefer him TBH as I feel he is better at that role.

From what I have seen of what Robinson has done in the past, he has liked the 4-3-3 formation. If that is the case, and say he moved to it, we would need another 2 midfielders who can string passes together (rather than being the type of player that cuts them out). Ethan is prone to holding the ball too long. We would need 2 in front of Power/Gogic that can hold the ball, but distribute it well also.

Agree with the point about Gogic as 8 think he would be a longer term signing than Power.

The good thing is there seems to be more players moving about at end if contracts than there used to be opposed to transfer fees which I'm sure Robinson has a few targets being in efl lg1/2 and national league having been involved with at morecambe who don't have a high budget either. Dont know if anyone watches much efl stuff but McKirdy at Swindon certainly does seem to be a player that would fit in well with us imo.

Going to be interesting to see the calibre of player Robinson brings in, a lot of Motherwell fans saying there was quite a high turn over of players at the club under him. 

Goodwin’s recruitment over all for us was really good, Brophy, Kiltie, Jones etc were all seen as coups for the club and all mentioned Goodwin as 1 of main reasons they signed for St mirren, he could definitely attract a player.

Quite possibly when Robinson was at Motherwell he had to have a higher turnover of players to try and get the right balance, a bit like us really a few years back.

What I do hope is that whoever he does bring in, we do it as soon as we can so the team gells for the start of the season. A bit like with JR when we won the championship.

8 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Could have been doing with a big hammer thrower up front against Hearts on Saturday they bullied young Grieve all game. Thought Main when he came on did well was one of his better cameo appearance's 

Think we might be seeing a lot more of Main and a bit less of Grieve now that Brophy is fit.

Main put in a good shift on Sat

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Think we might be seeing a lot more of Main and a bit less of Grieve now that Brophy is fit.

Main put in a good shift on Sat

He seemed to know better what his job was and stuck to it, possibly an asset if we play him to his strengths rather than leaving him up front on his lonesome like Goodwin did

He seemed to know better what his job was and stuck to it, possibly an asset if we play him to his strengths rather than leaving him up front on his lonesome like Goodwin did
Where at Motherwell before, Robinson played Main either in a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 with him in the middle of the 3 with two fast wingers. Maybe he knows how best to get him playing, but the start of the season Goodwin was playing 3 at the back and 2 up front, which did nothing for us.

On 2/28/2022 at 1:01 PM, portmahomack saint said:

Agree