Contracts

5 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Just doesn't do it enough. Glad he's shaved off that stupid beard and sorted his hair out.

Apart from the beard and hair bit, i agree with you. 

He might have looked good last night but he was up against Waters   :lol:  who ended up getting taken off right after our 3rd goal.

I would want a player who can last for 90 mins on the pitch instead of being sub in about every game he had started.

I also don't think he track back well either, but the manager will decide and i wont have a problem if Goodwin want to keep him. 

I support all of our players regardless of how good or bad i think their ability is. 

I thought he showed flashes of what he brings to the table. His pace will always concern defences and if he gets the final ball right more often as he did last night that would be magnified. I agree with you on tracking back. I know he wasn't long on in the semi final when Middleton made his impact at the first goal but, if he had been closer to him, Fraser wouldn't have needed to move out of position and the cross may have been cut out. Does anyone have info if he has been told he wouldn't be offered a deal? This lad will get better.

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I thought he showed flashes of what he brings to the table. His pace will always concern defences and if he gets the final ball right more often as he did last night that would be magnified. I agree with you on tracking back. I know he wasn't long on in the semi final when Middleton made his impact at the first goal but, if he had been closer to him, Fraser wouldn't have needed to move out of position and the cross may have been cut out. Does anyone have info if he has been told he wouldn't be offered a deal? This lad will get better.

I hope he does get offered a deal, proper old style winger. 

I know it was a different era of football but when cloughie had Nottingham forest at their peak , John Robertson was never asked to defend but Martin  O'Neil  was. 

On a slightly different thing couldn't help myself earlier and had a go on fifa 21 on lads xbox with saints, big jon can't win anything in air on that either..................oops forgot I was controlling him🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, God of war said:

He's not sure he could get into the Aston Villa team now🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stitched up by the journo there. Easy to imagine how it could happen:

"You've improved, Jake... reckon you could you get into the Villa side now?"

"Haha, no, I'm not sure about that."

34 minutes ago, st jock said:

Looks like big Jon is offreceived_466301661125923.jpeg

Such a nice big guy who always gave 100%.

Just didn't score enough goals. :(

Will always be fondly remembered for relegating Hearts.:)

Sad to see Obika go, would have been happy to sign him back-up but got to trust Goody’s judgment. (Or maybe it was Obika’s call, just don’t know) 

Can see Flynn, Erwin (mutual consent sort of thing), JDH & Connolly going as well in the coming weeks. 

Would love to keep Durmus & more I think about it, Quaner as well. Think if he stays fit & gets his match sharpness on point, he’ll be a player for us. 

Wouldn't offer a contract to Connolly.  No end product whatsoever.

We need to find a version of Obika who can find the net more often.

Would bin Quaner also.

Would keep Durmus and Doyle-Hayes but they will go.

Probably McGrath too, hopefully for a decent fee.

Try and offload McAllister.

Flynn I think may be time to move on unfortunately.

So... a lot of work for Goodwin in the summer

Edited by lenziebud

Sorry to see Obika go. Thought he has done enough over the last couple of seasons to merit a new deal. 

All the best to the big man, and hopefully he'll get a new sorted at another club.

Thanks for the memories. 

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Wouldn't offer a contract to Connolly.  No end product whatsoever.

He definitely does, as evidenced by Wednesday evening and on other occasions.

However, he needs to do it more often. He wouldn't be with us, if he was more consistent with his end product.

It would be very difficult to replace both Durmus and Connolly.

4 minutes ago, delpierro said:
7 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
Fraser, Ethan and Dennis? I hope not 

Maybe, Ethan, put out on loan.

He’s been getting better all the time, still only a young player. If he continues to improve he’ll be very important next season. Played well today.

Fraser? Just signed a new contract did he not? 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

He definitely does, as evidenced by Wednesday evening and on other occasions.

However, he needs to do it more often. He wouldn't be with us, if he was more consistent with his end product.

It would be very difficult to replace both Durmus and Connolly.

Every time i hear it will be very difficult to replace this player etc. Not at our level, Durmus and Connolly are jobbing footballers, plenty of them around. Connolly is nowhere near good enough. Durmus was junk for a number of months early in the season but found form and contributed a lot. He is not irreplaceable though. Henderson looks like a player we can bring through, his end product is vastly better than Connolly and he will only improve. We need to improve in all areas of the squad because next season the Premiership will at its strongest for a number of years.

Edited by lenziebud