Contracts

41 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Fraser and Durmus are two players we DON'T want to lose.

I think JDH and, sadly, Obika should probably go. Big Jon has been entertaining but we need a better quality of striker for next season.

Yes but I don't think thats Brophy unfortunately.

FWIW I think we will retain Fraser and Durmus and JDH will be off.

Fraser was in the press saying talks are progressing. JDH and Ilkay have been conspicuously silent and we know for sure JDH has had a decent offer, in our terms, on the table for months. I'd be shocked if he signs now.

With Ilkay I have no idea other than a gut feeling.

Both will be a loss but not irreplaceable imo. Nobody on our payroll is that good. Sign or move on lads.

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Tonight’s goal is further evidence of the importance of resigning Fraser.

He was also extremely good in defence.

I thought he had a poor 1st half and improved in the 2nd half.

Hopefully he will resign.

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

I thought he had a poor 1st half and improved in the 2nd half.

Hopefully he will resign.

The boy McKay ran him ragged. Although that could be said about our midfield too when ICT ventured forward.

However, he was much better in the second half, most likely because we had by then reverted to a more stable flat back four.

Thought our defending of high balls was uncharacteristically very poor and a lot of our defensive problems stemmed from losing out to their attackers in the air. Both our CH's had an "off" night.

Alnwick, once again, was superb. POTY by an absolute mile. Not one of our outfield players has performed so consistently throughout the entire season so far. He's made a huge number of outstanding match winning saves. 

13 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Yes, but if they want to move on, then goodbye and good luck. We make them an offer and they can say yes or no to it. A bit like the Hladky situation. 

And replace them with who?

We are down to the bare bones of a squad again and now that's JDH injured again.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

And replace them with who?

We are down to the bare bones of a squad again and now that's JDH injured again.

Players leave, and they get replaced. It happens every season.  Sometimes to our advantage and sometimes not. I don't see why we should be held to ransom by ANY player. And I wasn't suggesting we kick them out the door while they were still under contract.

4 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Players leave, and they get replaced. It happens every season.  Sometimes to our advantage and sometimes not. I don't see why we should be held to ransom by ANY player. And I wasn't suggesting we kick them out the door while they were still under contract.

Ah OK. I thought you were talking about dropping them out the squad now.

On 4/17/2021 at 4:00 PM, saint in exile said:

Are we. We offer new contracts, if they don't except, they leave. As will the case with a few others no doubt.