Aberdeen v St Mirren, Sat 13th Feb 2021

faraway saint

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

We are the form team, they have possibly never been on such a poor run.

If we don't get a point, at least, it will be a poor result. 

If we get a point it will be a good result

This is a ground where we rarely get anything

Our form is patchy up and down

History dicates it's set up for an Aberdeen win today

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

If we get a point it will be a good result

This is a ground where we rarely get anything

Our form is patchy up and down

History dicates it's set up for an Aberdeen win today

Agreed on our form, but Aberdeens form isn't patchy, it's utter shite.

As I've said, never a better chance, and it's only a chance, to pick up 3 points.

Will I stick money on it, having been up there plenty of rimes, unlikely, I'll leave that to @BuddieinEK

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

TBH honest, your continual brainless posts are up there with the most hilarious on the forum, and not in a good way.

You seem to revel in being an idiot, crack on. 

I'm an idiot. I'M NOT THE IDIOT WHO THINKS WE WILL GET SOMETHING FROM THIS GAME. How many times have we played teams who can't get a. Win for  weeks on end then we role up and oblige them. 

I'm an idiot. I'M NOT THE IDIOT WHO THINKS WE WILL GET SOMETHING FROM THIS GAME. How many times have we played teams who can't get a. Win for  weeks on end then we role up and oblige them. 
Supporters of most clubs think that about their own team. It's biased.

What a life, what an attitude. When I think about what supporting Saints brings to my life overall it's an overwhelming feeling of enjoyment with an occasional outburstof great pride. It's clear from your posts that following Saints brings nothing but anguish and disappointment. You feel they constantly somehow "let you down" so my assumption must be you see it as a bad habit you simply can't break no matter how little enrichment it brings.
You, like most of us have admitted introducing your kids into supporting Saints but why would you indoctrinate your children into something that causes you so much negativity and disappointment ?

On reflection I don't buy your act 1 little bit. No one thinks the way you post about a football club they support. After all it's a choice and therefore I suspect yours is a parody, another charade to hide behind and no different to Shull in that respect. The thing I don't get though with anyone like that is a simple WHY ?

Aberdeen have an injury list worse than ours so I expect us to get at least a point today.
Alnwick
Fraser McCarthy Shaughnessy Tait
Doyle-Hayes Erhahon
Connolly  Flynn  Durmus
Obika

Yip that's how I see us having to go with possibly using Durmus and Connolly more coming in off the wings in an attacking sense, a tighter, narrower more compact attacking unit.

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

What a life, what an attitude. When I think about what supporting Saints brings to my life overall it's an overwhelming feeling of enjoyment with an occasional outburstof great pride. It's clear from your posts that following Saints brings nothing but anguish and disappointment. You feel they constantly somehow "let you down" so my assumption must be you see it as a bad habit you simply can't break no matter how little enrichment it brings.
You, like most of us have admitted introducing your kids into supporting Saints but why would you indoctrinate your children into something that causes you so much negativity and disappointment ?

On reflection I don't buy your act 1 little bit. No one thinks the way you post about a football club they support. After all it's a choice and therefore I suspect yours is a parody, another charade to hide behind and no different to Shull in that respect. The thing I don't get though with anyone like that is a simple WHY ?

Thought I'd answered this.....................

37 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
13 minutes ago, Sonny said:
Aberdeen have an injury list worse than ours so I expect us to get at least a point today.
Alnwick
Fraser McCarthy Shaughnessy Tait
Doyle-Hayes Erhahon
Connolly  Flynn  Durmus
Obika

Yip that's how I see us having to go with possibly using Durmus and Connolly more coming in off the wings in an attacking sense, a tighter, narrower more compact attacking unit.

Aye, Durmus and Connolly in wide positions with Flynn playing the McGrath role. McAllister doesn't have the work rate to play that role.

30 minutes ago, Slarti said:
41 minutes ago, elvis said:
I'm an idiot. 

Supporters of most clubs think that about their own team. It's biased.

There's a strong element of this but I'm basing my view on the recent facts.

Despite what oaky says, form is a factor in upcoming games.

There's a small aspect of historic results, teams can/do have "bogie" teams but if you look at recent form Aberdeen aren't only not winning they are hardly creating any chances.

Saying that, Aberdeen 6-0 St Mirren. :lol:

Aye, Durmus and Connolly in wide positions with Flynn playing the McGrath role. McAllister doesn't have the work rate to play that role.
I'm not sure will will play with anyone filling the McGrath role. Just play Durmus and Connolly a little narrower with them cutting in and shooting and tucking in towards the back post to support the striker when play is coming from the opposite side. Nice strong spine with Flynn JDH and Erharon.

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

The physicality of Aberdeen could be something we will struggle with this afternoon.

Ability-wise we have nothing to fear if we play to form.

Shush!

Comments such as that make me more optimistic....

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There's a strong element of this but I'm basing my view on the recent facts.

Despite what oaky says, form is a factor in upcoming games.

There's a small aspect of historic results, teams can/do have "bogie" teams but if you look at recent form Aberdeen aren't only not winning they are hardly creating any chances.

Saying that, Aberdeen 6-0 St Mirren. :lol:

Previous form is irrelevant unless you adopt a negative mindset that you are chained by previous events.

We were shit on Wednesday. Doesn't mean we have to be shit today.

Edited by oaksoft