Aberdeen v St Mirren, Sat 13th Feb 2021

faraway saint

First time I've really been impressed by Erhahon.  He looks more like he believes in himself, at last.
Maturing as a professional player.  [emoji4]
He's a young lad learning his trade with untold potential.

Interesting interview with the manager last week.

He admitted that after a great start, Ethan had 3 or 4 poor matches.

Goody decided to support him and let him play his way through the slump.

Looks like it was not only a brave decision in direct opposition to fan pressure, but one that will help Ethan develop further.

33 minutes ago, antrin said:

JDH on crutches tonight and going for X rays tonight.  sez  JG

It looked as if he came down really hard on his heel/ foot just before HT when his momentum carried him behind the goal.

Was gingerly touching his heel before he came back on the park.

Looks like this point came at a price. JDH going at half with a injury. And Flynn taking knock. Just hope its not his knee again. Played the 1st hour with 10 men. I'll leave that there. Good point today. Wind was horrendous. We had a couple of half chances. But due to the wind game was poor. Teams effort was brilliant again. Just hope there's no more injuries with Accies game on Wed night. Looking bad call to let Foley go. Coys

34 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He's a young lad learning his trade with untold potential.

Interesting interview with the manager last week.

He admitted that after a great start, Ethan had 3 or 4 poor matches.

Goody decided to support him and let him play his way through the slump.

Looks like it was not only a brave decision in direct opposition to fan pressure, but one that will help Ethan develop further.

That is great leadership right there.

And he risked his own job doing so.

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Looks like this point came at a price. JDH going at half with a injury. And Flynn taking knock. Just hope its not his knee again. Played the 1st hour with 10 men. I'll leave that there. Good point today. Wind was horrendous. We had a couple of half chances. But due to the wind game was poor. Teams effort was brilliant again. Just hope there's no more injuries with Accies game on Wed night. Looking bad call to let Foley go. Coys

Well, we simply didn't.

Everyone in the team gave it their all.

100% commitment from everyone and a well deserved point as a reward.

13 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Foley didn't even make the bench for Motherwell today for some reason.

That is great leadership right there.
And he risked his own job doing so.
Agreed.

I remember McPherson bowing to fan pressure and dropping a newly signed Mehmet from the first team.

Turns out Mehmet had been playing through Illness and struggling to recover, but being dropped killed his confidence too.

Gus said he'd never make that mistake again.

Young players need and deserve support.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:
Have they changed the caution for persistently infringing the laws of the game?

They haven't, just God of War talking his usual sh1te.

Look it up ya fud!

Erahon really needs to man up and start believing in himself. Is absolutely terrified of making mistakes and uses cautious approach everytime. Loads of times could pass it forward but goes back. Has zero confidence in his ability...

Edited by Guest

59 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Obviously a dig at Erwin which is totally unjustified, I thought he played quite well, no need for shit like that...

Anyway good point in horrible conditions, I'm happy with that..

1 hour ago, antrin said:

First time I've really been impressed by Erhahon.  He looks more like he believes in himself, at last.

Maturing as a professional player.  :)

R u drunk? The boy is terrified!

1 minute ago, God of war said:

R u drunk? The boy is terrified!

More likely you are the one that is inebriated.

You obviously know nothing about football going by this and other consistently abysmal posts.

Ethan is only 19 and although he is not the final article at present he shows great potential. He possibly lacks the sharpness and decisiveness in the tackle of Doyle Hayes and McGrath. But the boy has real class.

I will never understand posters like you who seem to take great pleasure in slagging off our (specially younger) players.

Grow up sonny.

21 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

More likely you are the one that is inebriated.

You obviously know nothing about football going by this and other consistently abysmal posts.

Ethan is only 19 and although he is not the final article at present he shows great potential. He possibly lacks the sharpness and decisiveness in the tackle of Doyle Hayes and McGrath. But the boy has real class.

I will never understand posters like you who seem to take great pleasure in slagging off our (specially younger) players.

Grow up sonny.

Not slagging him off...pointing out he needs to man up...

It shows how much we have improved this season in only losing 1 game out of 4 against the Dons, as bad as they are.
Weather killed the game and a draw was fair.
Only time i panicked was when Flynn went down and i thought he was F as well.

I went for 1-1 beforehand and will happily settle for 0-0 and a point.

Never a happy hunting ground for us.

Maturing as a professional player.  [emoji4]

Excellent player, and certainly one for the future.
Kicked on more than Cammy this season, which has been a pleasant surprise.

Really glad he extended his contract.

Ethan has a great future in the game.