Aberdeen v St Mirren, Sat 13th Feb 2021

faraway saint

It’s always a hard game at Pittodrie, however, we did play very well in our last visit and were very unlucky not to get at least a draw.

Hopefully we return to a back four for this match.

Will Brophy be available ?

And will we see Collin ?

Even if they are both fit, I still see Obika starting as a lone striker with McAllister behind him.

Not confident of a win, but I do believe we’ll see a better performance than last night which should be sufficient to bring home at least a point.

15 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

It’s always a hard game at Pittodrie, however, we did play very well in our last visit and were very unlucky not to get at least a draw.

And will we see Collin ?

Even if they are both fit, I still see Obika starting as a lone striker with McAllister behind him.

Not confident of a win, but I do believe we’ll see a better performance than last night which should be sufficient to bring home at least a point.

I am very confident of getting at least a point.

We won't be facing anywhere near as good a team as Celtic and I expect our midfield will be tighter.

Defence-wise we'll be as strong as usual (no idea WTF happened to Fraser with his distribution last night but confident he won't repeat that).

Tait will be back I expect.

Last year we ran out of defenders. This year we've run out of strikers. Should have enough to trouble Aberdeen though.

Edited by oaksoft

18 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

And will we see Collin ?

Not confident of a win, but I do believe we’ll see a better performance than last night which should be sufficient to bring home at least a point - Agree Turra

If my arithmetic and memory is correct 8th meeting in around 18 months and keep saying this they have been 2nd best in every match apart from Scottish cup tie down here last year and we really should have had more than 2 victories in that run.

Either we are due a victory up there or the schedule/injuries take it's toll and another defeat is on the cards.

I suspect the latter is the more likely outcome despite how poor they are.

Injuries are now mounting up, so will need to find a formula that suits the remaining players for the next 7 games to secure 6th spot.
This would be a tremendous achievement given the trials and tribulations we have faced this season.
If we manage this I for one wouldn't care to much about the after split results as our squad maybe extremely stretched by then.
Hopefully get at least a point on Saturday as they are average at best just now.

7 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Aberdeen win for me

Over the years any team or striker needing a goal or 2 we always there for them

We were a shambles 2nd half last night and lacking a goal threat

Turning into Elvis but last night was alarming how bad we were after one player got injured

Reveal hidden contents

It's difficult to really say, IMO, how "bad" we were.

After McGrath went off we certainly lost the slight advantage we had, I posted the stats for the first 10-15 mins which reflected this.

The 2nd half they upped their game which certainly opened up our weakness's.

As for the Aberdeen game, I think we can get a draw, although a lot depends, as usual, how we go about it.

If we sit back we will lose as we're not good enough to hold out and/or hit on the break.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

It's difficult to really say, IMO, how "bad" we were.

After McGrath went off we certainly lost the slight advantage we had, I posted the stats for the first 10-15 mins which reflected this.

The 2nd half they upped their game which certainly opened up our weakness's.

As for the Aberdeen game, I think we can get a draw, although a lot depends, as usual, how we go about it.

If we sit back we will lose as we're not good enough to hold out and/or hit on the break.

We were bad

All season Sellic have been struggling in the latter stages of games

They never upped their game we were miles off it

Defending from 18 yard box we went back to shite bag mode

Their dreadful defence had their easiest time in a long time

Well gentlemen, a pretty concerning run of injuries could see us struggle in the next few weeks, especially with the games coming thick and fast.

Counting tomorrows game we still have 5 games to play in February.

After Aberdeen (A) we have Hamilton, Livingstone, Motherwell, and Ross County, all at home.

We certainly don't need ANY other injuries.  

PS The last 2 games, before the split, are Rangers & Hamilton away. 

Edited by faraway saint

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well gentlemen, a pretty concerning run of injuries could see us struggle in the next few weeks, especially with the games coming thick and fast.

Counting tomorrows game we still have 5 games to play in February.

After Aberdeen (A) we have Hamilton, Livingstone, Motherwell, and Ross County, all at home.

We certainly don't need ANY other injuries.  

PS The last 2 games, before the split, are Rangers & Hamilton away. 

Time for those coming in to the starting 11 to step up, which I think they will. 

There's definitely points to be had from that run of games, that would go a long way to securing a top 6 place.

With all the disruption due to Covid in all of our lives, nothing is as was.

It has sadly impacted us all in one way or another and has inevitably impacted on sport.

I think the pressure being off in some respect in stadiums from negative supporters the players aren’t being double punished for errors and soon get back into the game.

The expectation on the field is limited to themselves come the whistle and in that respect I think we have seen some unexpected result for many teams in Scotland and England for that matter.

I’m predicting a high scoring game, Saints to win and bounce back from the ‘unexpected’ midweek defeat

You know I’m not a betting man [emoji16]

6 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

With all the disruption due to Covid in all of our lives, nothing is as was.

It has sadly impacted us all in one way or another and has inevitably impacted on sport.

I think the pressure being off in some respect in stadiums from negative supporters the players aren’t being double punished for errors and soon get back into the game.

The expectation on the field is limited to themselves come the whistle and in that respect I think we have seen some unexpected result for many teams in Scotland and England for that matter.

I’m predicting a high scoring game, Saints to win and bounce back from the ‘unexpected’ midweek defeat

You know I’m not all there.  emoji16.png

:rolleyes: