Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

Aberdeen v St Mirren, Sat 13th Feb 2021

Recommended Posts


Only managed to see the second half today. From what I saw it looked like the wind ruined the game today. That said I thought we did ok and with a bit more composure in the final third we could’ve won it. Some frustrating moments in the middle of the park too with both McPherson and Erhahon being guilty of sloppily conceding possession. All in all a decent performance though.

Frustrating thing looking at the table is that had we not fold against Celtic and lost 1-0 rather than 4-0, we could have been looking at going 5th next Saturday with victories over Hamilton and Livi. As it is now it would take two pretty big wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Only managed to see the second half today. From what I saw it looked like the wind ruined the game today. That said I thought we did ok and with a bit more composure in the final third we could’ve won it. Some frustrating moments in the middle of the park too with both McPherson and Erhahon being guilty of sloppily conceding possession. All in all a decent performance though.

Frustrating thing looking at the table is that had we not fold against Celtic and lost 1-0 rather than 4-0, we could have been looking at going 5th next Saturday with victories over Hamilton and Livi. As it is now it would take two pretty big wins. 

You never missed much TBH.

The game went pretty much as expected, Aberdeen are really poor right now, if we had a full team I'm pretty sure we'd have beaten them, as it was, we never really looked like losing or winning. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



. As it is now it would take two pretty big wins. 


Not really "big" wins, 2 goal win against accies and 3 goal win against Livi takes us above them by 1 on GD. Fair enough we're not in the habit of winning by 2 and 3 goals but if we did, they wouldn't be classed as big wins score wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slarti said:


 

 


Not really "big" wins, 2 goal win against accies and 3 goal win against Livi takes us above them by 1 on GD. Fair enough we're not in the habit of winning by 2 and 3 goals but if we did, they wouldn't be classed as big wins score wise.

 

Yeah I’d regard a 3 goal win against Livi as a pretty big win 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah I’d regard a 3 goal win against Livi as a pretty big win 😃

If mince like Utd can take 3 goals off them, no reason we can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, turrabuddie said:


I didn’t watch, but by all a points it really should have been postponed or abandoned because of the wind.
Imagine if we’d traveled to watch that ....

Can’t agree with this strange, soft idea...

...simply because wind adds a randomness to the development of play is not sufficient cause for games not going ahead.

There is no significant added danger for players nor for travelling fans in such conditions, unlike what can happen in icy, snowy conditions (or plastic pitches).

Only flooded pitches get games stopped due to ball not travelling, not due to a bit of rain in the face.

some pitches have longer grass than others, have a slope, have heavy undersoil are wider/longer, defend facing the sun for 45 minutes...  simple natural physical aspects that should be within the scope of professional fitba Players.

There’s been a lot of hot air on here about a wee bit of wind.  🌬️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Are you really as thick as you're making yourself look?

If you ask nicely I'll educate you on the Laws of the Game.

Again shite patter lego eater, u still can't prove I'm wrong wee man, keep up with shite patter!

Edited by God of war

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, munoz said:

If mince like Utd can take 3 goals off them, no reason we can't. 

United, and I agree they WERE mince against us, as bad a team as I've seen, have turned the corner.

Two decent wins on the trot, scored 5 goals, conceded none.

Livingston are in a wee bit of a testing time, two losses, always interesting to see how teams/managers turn this around.

I certainly wouldn't bet getting carried away, next week will tell how they have responded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, antrin said:

Can’t agree with this strange, soft idea...

...simply because wind adds a randomness to the development of play is not sufficient cause for games not going ahead.

There is no significant added danger for players nor for travelling fans in such conditions, unlike what can happen in icy, snowy conditions (or plastic pitches).

Only flooded pitches get games stopped due to ball not travelling, not due to a bit of rain in the face.

some pitches have longer grass than others, have a slope, have heavy undersoil are wider/longer, defend facing the sun for 45 minutes...  simple natural physical aspects that should be within the scope of professional fitba Players.

There’s been a lot of hot air on here about a wee bit of wind.  🌬️

It's not about safety.

It's about the spectacle for the paying public. If anyone was thinking about the fans, that game would have been postponed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

United, and I agree they WERE mince against us, as bad a team as I've seen, have turned the corner.

Two decent wins on the trot, scored 5 goals, conceded none.

And Livi were fantastic and now are mince.

It's almost as though past form is not relevant to future form.

Oh and of course you won't get carried away. Playing safe is your motto.

Choose life FFS. :D

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

And Livi were fantastic and now are mince.

It's almost as though past form is not relevant to future form.

Oh and of course you won't get carried away. Playing safe is your motto.

Choose life FFS. :D

You, as usual, make no sense.

It pointless debating football with you, like talking to a rather stupid child.

:byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Again shite patter lego eater, u still can't prove I'm wrong wee man, keep up with shite patter!
I'm writing this slowly so you can understand.

As every foul is not a caution and not every offence is a foul.

Then by default a referee is not cautioning a player for A foul but for persistent offences.

Screenshot_20210213-164531_OfficeSuite.thumb.jpeg.3fd5e797b87a30d600aafdb83afdc172.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'm writing this slowly so you can understand.

As every foul is not a caution and not every offence is a foul.

Then by default a referee is not cautioning a player for A foul but for persistent offences.

Screenshot_20210213-164531_OfficeSuite.thumb.jpeg.3fd5e797b87a30d600aafdb83afdc172.jpeg

Do u have milk with ur lego or eat it dry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm writing this slowly so you can understand.

As every foul is not a caution and not every offence is a foul.

Then by default a referee is not cautioning a player for A foul but for persistent offences.

Screenshot_20210213-164531_OfficeSuite.thumb.jpeg.3fd5e797b87a30d600aafdb83afdc172.jpeg
Thanks Cookie Monster..

Seems quite definitive and has cleared up any possible misunderstanding.


Only an idiot would refute such concrete evidence supplied as requested.

A gentleman might even thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks Cookie Monster..

Seems quite definitive and has cleared up any possible misunderstanding.


Only an idiot would refute such concrete evidence supplied as requested.

A gentleman might even thank you!


As God of War has disappeared from this thread, I'll not be holding my breath for any thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'm writing this slowly so you can understand.

As every foul is not a caution and not every offence is a foul.

Then by default a referee is not cautioning a player for A foul but for persistent offences.

Screenshot_20210213-164531_OfficeSuite.thumb.jpeg.3fd5e797b87a30d600aafdb83afdc172.jpeg

 

33 minutes ago, God of war said:

Do u have milk with ur lego or eat it dry?

My only surprise is that God’s response wasn’t “Made you look, made you stare, made you lose your underwear!!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...