St Mirren v Hamilton, Wed 17th Feb 2021

faraway saint

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you want the biggest teams (support-wise) in the top flight, we need to see Dundee and Hearts coming up with Ross County and Hamilton going down.

The following season we'd need to see Livingston or St Johnstone go down with Dunfermline coming up.

It's good to see small teams getting into the top flight but I'm sick of seeing so many teams with no fans.

Says the guy who has never been to a game.

Comedy gold. 😂

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Accies are and always have been right at the top of my list for any number of reasons.

Shite ground (embarrassment to the SP)

Plastic pitch

No fans

There’s actually no argument for them staying up.

I’m a wee bit more ambivalent as to who went down with them. Livi tick the plastic pitch and no fans boxes, but they’re obviously not going to go down. Killie obviously tick the plastic pitch box, but I don’t want to see the “bigger” teams going down, particularly ones I have no beef with. I just wish they’d change their pitch.

I don’t buy into the making things easier for us next season argument. I want the best teams in the league.

So I guess for that reason I’d say Hearts to replace Accies and either the Pars or the soap dodgers (purely for self interest reasons) to replace RossCo. If not Pars or Morton, maybe Rovers. 

The Soap dodgers will be in League  1 at the rate they are going, my insider McGraw factor tells me, no money, not even replaced manager, and most players on £300 a week, with PT most likely whatever league they are in next season....

I would love Pars back, we have some history against them, anyone remember when we both at bottom of Second Division , god 30 years ago, remember winning 4-3, they have a great support and a silly accent, plus our promo year with Sir Tom Hendo that was a great battle at the top,

In an ideal world it would actually be Accies, Tic and Sevco, but we need Tic to stay now so we can get the away points :wink:

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

This our biggest league game of the season to date. A win here and we are well and truly in the driving seat for the top 6.

Hopefully we come out the traps flying and get an early goal. 

Jings!  In the driving seat for top 6....   woopy-do.

It would be much more ennervating, exciting, enthralling to be on a rusty Penny Farthing, with no brakes and a slow puncture, going over the Corryarick Pass.

I miss arse-clenching relegation nail-biters!

:rolleyes:

On 2/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, DougJamie said:

Taking us out the  drop equation for once 

It is so tight now for race to bottom

Killie must be bricking themselves, Accies are so used to it,  and County have Yogi and that usually a bad sign and the wrong end of table

Still hope its Killie and Accies, so we get shot of plastic crap.....

I don't like the plastic but Killie in the league is worth around 30K to the club per game.

Accies and the Fakes, since the Fakes fans on P&B are the worst on that forum. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you want the biggest teams (support-wise) in the top flight, we need to see Dundee and Hearts coming up with Ross County and Hamilton going down.

The following season we'd need to see Livingston or St Johnstone go down with Dunfermline coming up.

It's good to see small teams getting into the top flight but I'm sick of seeing so many teams with no fans.

Animated GIF

19 minutes ago, Buddiememories said:

Top League must have the best 12 Teams in it, regardless of how many fans they have.

Compared to Celtic and Rangers , the 40 diddy teams have no supporters.

Lay off Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone. They deserve to be exactly where they are.

Alright thought police!

Folk are also entitled to their opinions which might not agree with yours. 
People are only offering their thoughts on who they would like to see go down. If they do go down they’ll still deserve to be where they are.

And merit aside, a team like Hamilton Accies are in no way shape or form “good for the league”. 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oaky the season ticket holder. 

Ideally, for me, Dingwall and Hamilton no more. Ideally Dundee and Hearts back in. Then, ideally for me Livvy no more and the Pars in. As good a top 12 as we could have for crowds. Being greedy... Morton in and Perth Saints out. Lots of local derbies. 

Edited by St.Ricky