St Mirren v Hamilton, Wed 17th Feb 2021

faraway saint

Very, very disappointing. 
I think one of my biggest observations tonight was really just how poor the quality is. Some really shoddy stuff. Bit of a reminder of how limited our league is.

Erwin is an absolute waste of a shirt. How he even makes the bench is beyond me. Worse than a man short.

It’s a bit of an indictment of our league that I still think we can comfortably make top 6, but what I think we learned tonight is that we probably don’t have what it takes to catch Livi.

I think if we don’t beat them on Saturday, we can forget it. 
I hoped that we could cope with the injuries, but I think tonight proved the limitations of our squad. 

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Slagging off a Hamilton Accies player who likes like he's a regular at the Sheriff Court is fair game, slagging off one of our female stewards is not.

Fanny.

Opposition players are paid very handsomely to compensate for the (still unwarranted) abuse and comments they receieve.

General employees of our club are not - totally below the belt

6 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Erwin for Connolly should have happened 10/15 before it did. 
We needed someone with pace to patch in to knock ons... instead we had Erwin taking a touch and losing the ball. Once even losing it final 3rd on the attack and almost resulting in a goal conceded. Baffling. 

Erwin reads the knock-ons well, manages to get himself into good positions...........and then he gets the ball.  Absolutely dreadful.

Bitterly disappointed in how we performed last 30 minutes. Nice open game, plenty of chances & lots going forward, then we completely fell apart.

Hate to say it because he does put the effort in but Lee Erwin is done, he’s just nowhere near this level of a footballer. It actually reminds me a bit of Shane Duffy & why he keeps getting minutes on the park for Celtic. 

We were like the ref, decent in the 1st half and poor in the 2nd half. 

Maybe the games are now catching up causing the poor 2nd half. 

Tait look decent at right midfield and shame we don't have a L/B.

Only fear now with that result we could still have 3 games against the Accies before the season is over :(

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We gifted away 2 points. After we scored we allowed Accies to keep hoofing the ball into our box. We lost the midfield battle and we didnt make the ball stick upfront. This was a poor second half. Can anyone tell me what Erwin brings to the team. 

U tell us because all the happy clappers on here don't let u question Jim Goodwin decisions!

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Flynn and probably Connolly should have been on as soon as we scored as Obika, McAllister and Erwin were constantly losing the ball. None of them seem to like a one touch pass choosing instead to run into trouble. We threw that away.

This soon as they had to come out and leave space behind we should have given them the threat of pace behind forcing them to stay back a bit. As it was knowing gown shockingly slow Erwin is the entire back 4 pushed right up keeping us in our own half making mistake after mistake until we blew it.

Also in addition to my previous post, something I’ve kept quiet on because I really wanted to give the boy a chance and give myself time to see what others were seeing, but I just don’t get the Erhahon thing at all. He’s extremely sloppy in possession, dwells on the ball far too much and is rash in the tackle. 
The occasional lovely slide rule ball, for me is simply not enough to justify his downsides. 
Really not a fan at all.

Realise I’ll probably be in a very small minority with this view. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Also in addition to my previous post, something I’ve kept quiet on because I really wanted to give the boy a chance and give myself time to see what others were seeing, but I just don’t get the Erhahon thing at all. He’s extremely sloppy in possession, dwells on the ball far too much and is rash in the tackle. 
The occasional lovely slide rule ball, for me is simply not enough to justify his downsides. 
Really not a fan at all.

Im in 100% agreement with u...hes starting to look clumsy as well now...

Jim Goodwin seems to be the only manager who rests his players in form. 

Both Flynn and Connolly have looked really sharp yet have to sit and watch Lee Erwin put in a performance like that. Unless they've knocks that must be discouraging to watch thinking your boss consider that a better option than you.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Really not a fan at all.

Small minority yes, but not incorrect.

If there is one word to describe tonight's game and that is, 'FRUSTRATION'.

I'm afraid Goodwin misread the game at the beginning of the second half and waited much too long in getting the subs on.  I felt Connolly should have come on for Erwin and Flynn for MacPherson who hit too many floating balls into the box.

Reminiscent of the semi final in seeing changes that should have be made much much earlier.  Two points lost instead of one point gained.  Jim....oh, never mind. 

Erhahon and McPherson is a Championship midfield
I think Cammy has to up his game. Made poor decisions all game. Ethan I disagree. Good player. If your looking for a championship player. Look no further than Erwin. Touch is poor. Simple passes are beyond him. Let's hope Quaner is better. But he couldn't be much worse than Erwin.

Jim Goodwin seems to be the only manager who rests his players in form. 
Both Flynn and Connolly have looked really sharp yet have to sit and watch Lee Erwin put in a performance like that. Unless they've knocks that must be discouraging to watch thinking your boss consider that a better option than you.
Dont think Flynn can play 2 full games in 4 days and we have another tough game on Saturday. Think has to look after him.

Erhahon is only 19 and still has a lot to learn. He lacks consistency, but has a great shield/turn on him the keep the ball (like J McGinn)and shrug players off. He can pick a good pass and finished the offside Obika knockdown well. His decision making can be frustrating at times but he’s good at playing the ball out from the back under pressure. He’s also scored our goal of the season so far. I think he could develop into a great player for us. 
McPherson I’m not too sure about. 
We’d have won that with a full squad tonight. A Brophy or Dennis playing off Obika instead of Erwin, a McGrath or JDH in midfield instead of McPherson. The squad is tired and thin. I wonder if Jim has his eyes on the Livvy game waiting longer to make subs.

Still think we shaded it tonight.