Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
faraway saint

St Mirren v Hamilton, Wed 17th Feb 2021

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

First of all, a 6:oopm KO, @TediousTom, do not forget to tune in.

This'll be interesting, so many of our support write Hamilton off as dross, well, let's see how this goes.

Certainly not me writing them off. 

One thing they do when attacking is they pile players into the box. 

We may well have been able to beat them recently but every games against them is a battle with normally nothing between the teams. 

Giving our home record this season, this game is giving me the fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not looking a goal threat again with some of the injuries we are carrying. Could be our downfall. 
I’m usually very optimistic but on current form and with Hamilton’s knack of getting crucial points this end of the season I’m pretty nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HSS said:

Can you tell us the details of the injury please Dr Elvis?

Ligaments I think and there thinking about asking mcgrath if they can strap him up to get us through this period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Ligaments I think and there thinking about asking mcgrath if they can strap him up to get us through this period. 

The latter was what JG said in his interview ahead of the game today. We Certainly miss his presence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive incentive to get the win in this one. A win and we are definitely safe imo ,and can realistically start thinking about the top 6. 

I just hope we get some good news on the injury front with regards to Flynn and JDH, and Quaner makes the squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the injuries we have suffered in the last couple of weeks or so, I am afraid the remainder of this season will be all about damage limitation.

Based on the remnant of the squad available we are unlikely to finish in the top six but on the other hand, should have no fear of getting caught up in a relegation battle.

The only glimmer of hope is, as hoped for by Munoz above, that the most recent injuries are not as bad as they look at the moment, and that the likes of Quaner and some of the younger players can step up to the plate in this time of need.

Unfortunately we can only now dream of what might have been - but what is indisputable is that there has been a huge improvement this season under JG and we, the supporters, will have to be patient with what are likely to be a few disappointing results over the coming weeks including possibly the game against Hamilton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

With the injuries we have suffered in the last couple of weeks or so, I am afraid the remainder of this season will be all about damage limitation.

Based on the remnant of the squad available we are unlikely to finish in the top six but on the other hand, should have no fear of getting caught up in a relegation battle.

The only glimmer of hope is, as hoped for by Munoz above, that the most recent injuries are not as bad as they look at the moment, and that the likes of Quaner and some of the younger players can step up to the plate in this time of need.

Unfortunately we can only now dream of what might have been - but what is indisputable is that there has been a huge improvement this season under JG and we, the supporters, will have to be patient with what are likely to be a few disappointing results over the coming weeks including possibly the game against Hamilton.

You say that like it’s a fact rather than just your pessimistic opinion.

Some of us haven’t given up hope yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You say that like it’s a fact rather than just your pessimistic opinion.

Some of us haven’t given up hope yet. 

Not so much pessimistic rather realistic.

I have not given up hope either but can't see where our goals are going to come from if we will be without three strikers.

Also, if we lose McGrath and Doyle Hayes for any length of time, our ability to compete in the middle of the park will be diminished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Not so much pessimistic rather realistic.

I have not given up hope either but can't see where our goals are going to come from if we will be without three strikers.

Also, if we lose McGrath and Doyle Hayes for any length of time, our ability to compete in the middle of the park will be diminished.

Why do pessimists always say this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You say that like it’s a fact rather than just your pessimistic opinion.

Some of us haven’t given up hope yet. 

 

2 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Not so much pessimistic rather realistic.

I have not given up hope either but can't see where our goals are going to come from if we will be without three strikers.

Also, if we lose McGrath and Doyle Hayes for any length of time, our ability to compete in the middle of the park will be diminished.

But we all know that a pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We done well against the Hammer throwers for a while  BUT :-

They are playing as well as they have all season. They are physical and full of energy. They can score goals....  etc.

We have lost loads of good players. We need to start creating and scoring more. We will need to go at them 100% for 90 minutes.

No room for passengers - huge 3 points at stake for both teams... just hope Quaner can be fit and add some magic !

Saints 1 v 0 Ham enders  (MacPherson with a free kick)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We done well against the Hammer throwers for a while  BUT :-

They are playing as well as they have all season. They are physical and full of energy. They can score goals....  etc.

We have lost loads of good players. We need to start creating and scoring more. We will need to go at them 100% for 90 minutes.

No room for passengers - huge 3 points at stake for both teams... just hope Quaner can be fit and add some magic !

Saints 1 v 0 Ham enders  (MacPherson with a free kick)  

Think it’ll be at least Saturday before Quaner features. Even that at a push if he’s only returning to training mid week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You say that like it’s a fact rather than just your pessimistic opinion.

Some of us haven’t given up hope yet. 

Some of u have your head in clouds and after we make a rip roaring cnut of it u can then blame the injury sitiation to worm ur way out it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

Not so much pessimistic rather realistic.

I have not given up hope either but can't see where our goals are going to come from if we will be without three strikers.

Also, if we lose McGrath and Doyle Hayes for any length of time, our ability to compete in the middle of the park will be diminished.

Well Brophy hasnt scored and Dennis rarely featured so apart from McGrath where did goals come from before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kilmarnock game last week was a good test of our credentials after the prior midweek loss to Hibs. 

To get top 6, you simply need to win your games against the teams in the bottom half.
 

All too often in the past we’ve dropped points to teams who were out of form and desperate for a win. 

We took care of Killie with ease, which was very welcome! The next test is Hamilton who are not playing as badly - but the type of games we simply must win to aspire to top 6.  
 

Not too worried about the injuries. We have a squad and players who can do well. Very much looking forward to the Hamilton game and the games that follow. 1 game at a time as they say! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...