St Mirren v Hamilton, Wed 17th Feb 2021

faraway saint

17 minutes ago, pod said:

The difference a result can mean.  One minute we're as high as a kite, the next it's doom and gloom, or as in some on the forum, it's always doom and gloom.  It was one point in the right direction. 

Every point is a point further away from being in the bottom two. 

Edited by elvis

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

Every point is a point further away from the bottom two. 

Exactly.   I never in my wildest dreams thought we would be in the position we're in when season kicked off.    

Maybe Tony did. :wink:

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Robbed of a good goal... 

Screenshot_20210218-102036.png

Wish they'd replay it on BBC but they don't consider that to have been either a high point nor a talking point.  Sigh...

St Mirren 1-1 Hamilton: Visitors 'rolled their sleeves up' to earn draw, says Rice - BBC Sport

Great wee starting bout of frenzied, shooting St Mirren, though.

Poor woodwork must be hurting a bit...

3 hours ago, pod said:

The difference a result can mean.  One minute we're as high as a kite, the next it's doom and gloom, or as in some on the forum, it's always doom and gloom.  It was one point in the right direction. 

We should be delighted as a fanbase regarding how this season is going.

We are seeing some of the best football ever played at this stadium in patches and we are competing with every single team in the league home and away including the OF.

A few short months ago we were looking like relegation fodder and couldnt buy a draw, never mind a win.

Last night we got a valuable point from a game we had been awarded a defeat over, a couple of months ago.

Now we are in with a real chance of finishing in fifth place and people are still not happy.

I guess miserable people are gonna miserable.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

We are sadly lacking a midfield general IMO. I had hoped that Foley might provide that but sadly not. The young uns are great prospects but still far too prone to silly mistakes and I wish Erhahon would cut out the silly “Top Bin” drag back ! Would love to see a more experienced hard pro alongside them to assist with their development.

What like "Foley"..

7 minutes ago, God of war said:

What like "Foley"..

Ah yes Foley who is either injured or cannot even make the bench for Motherwell, dont get me wrong last season loved Foley but this season was off the pace in his position, thought he played well at CB but understand why he was moved on.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:22 PM, faraway saint said:

First of all, a 6:oopm KO, @TediousTom, do not forget to tune in.

This'll be interesting, so many of our support write Hamilton off as dross, well, let's see how this goes.

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hindsight is a wonderful gift

1-1

7th

Not hindsight at all.

Your damning verdict on Hamilton was, IMO, always going to bite you on the arse.

Never mind, better luck next time but one thing, stay away from the bookies. :lol: