St Mirren v Hamilton, Wed 17th Feb 2021

faraway saint

Good that we are back in the top six I know we have injuries but the fact that we had three youngsters two keepers and only Connolly and Flynn on the bench shows how thin our squad is.In the window we lost three players and only brought in two is really worrying.You have to account for injuries etc and we really should have kept Foley in my opinion he wasn’t even in the Well squad last weekend.Jim as he said must now look it bring in players who are out of contract.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Also in addition to my previous post, something I’ve kept quiet on because I really wanted to give the boy a chance and give myself time to see what others were seeing, but I just don’t get the Erhahon thing at all. He’s extremely sloppy in possession, dwells on the ball far too much and is rash in the tackle. 
The occasional lovely slide rule ball, for me is simply not enough to justify his downsides. 
Really not a fan at all.

Realise I’ll probably be in a very small minority with this view. 

Ethan has natural ability and will only get better,  my only criticism is, he is too one footed, and needs to realise his right peg is not only for standing on

Definitely 2 points dropped but it was all self inflicted. In fact. For a wee while it looked like we were going to throw away the point we got. We should have brought Flynn and Connelly on well before we did. After we scored we didn't look like keeping the ball until Flynn was introduced.

22 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Accies are and always have been right at the top of my list for any number of reasons.

Shite ground (embarrassment to the SP)

Plastic pitch

No fans

There’s actually no argument for them staying up.

I’m a wee bit more ambivalent as to who went down with them. Livi tick the plastic pitch and no fans boxes, but they’re obviously not going to go down. Killie obviously tick the plastic pitch box, but I don’t want to see the “bigger” teams going down, particularly ones I have no beef with. I just wish they’d change their pitch.

I don’t buy into the making things easier for us next season argument. I want the best teams in the league.

So I guess for that reason I’d say Hearts to replace Accies and either the Pars or the soap dodgers (purely for self interest reasons) to replace RossCo. If not Pars or Morton, maybe Rovers. 

Oh no no no no no.

It's hilarious that there are Morton fans who are old enough to be grandparents but aren't old enough to have seen them play in the top division.

Long may that continue.

Should have had this won by halftime , were well on top at that stage.Their goal game from a deflection so not as though they were much of a threat , think changes should have been made a bit quicker to stop Hamilton getting control of the midfield and as for Erwin , needs a goal or two to get the confidence up.

7 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Should have had this won by halftime , were well on top at that stage.Their goal game from a deflection so not as though they were much of a threat , think changes should have been made a bit quicker to stop Hamilton getting control of the midfield and as for Erwin , needs a goal or two to get the confidence up.

We've had our fair share of deflected goals, them's the breaks but at that point Hamilton were pressing us after a fast start to the 2nd half.

As for Erwin, he has enough critics without me adding to them.......................................:zipit

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Definitely 2 points dropped but it was all self inflicted. In fact. For a wee while it looked like we were going to throw away the point we got. We should have brought Flynn and Connelly on well before we did. After we scored we didn't look like keeping the ball until Flynn was introduced.

Seen this criticism throughout the thread, I'm only speculating but in Flynn's case anyway his sparing use since returning in the Dundee Utd. game makes me think he's not up to two full games a week - as I say just speculating...

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Does anyone else think Shaughnessy is not the long term answer in defence. Again I felt he allowed players to dominate our back line with high balls into the box and he could have done better at the goal. He went for the ball and it ended up in the net. 

Our defenders, overall, have done very well as a team, conceding only 33 from 28 games.

Only 4 teams have bettered this and, while we can always improve, I don't think picking out ant defender is worthwhile at this stage of the season.

Erahon at times looks good at others he passes it poorly. Yes he’s young and pairing him with cammy isn’t going to be the answer. Cammy was one I had high hopes for but I have to say he hasn’t taken his chance when selected to start this year. He’s far too rash in the tackle and gives the call away too. Jim said he needed to improve defensively and when you see the free kicks he conceded you know why. 

I do realise we are playing a lot of games but these guys are professional footballers and the training will be very little at present t so the tiredness chat needs to be binned. Are we serious about this top six position? If so then the next three games will need to provide a decent points haul otherwise we will be left playing catch up. 

We are sadly lacking a midfield general IMO. I had hoped that Foley might provide that but sadly not. The young uns are great prospects but still far too prone to silly mistakes and I wish Erhahon would cut out the silly “Top Bin” drag back ! Would love to see a more experienced hard pro alongside them to assist with their development.

We are sadly lacking a midfield general IMO. I had hoped that Foley might provide that but sadly not. The young uns are great prospects but still far too prone to silly mistakes and I wish Erhahon would cut out the silly “Top Bin” drag back ! Would love to see a more experienced hard pro alongside them to assist with their development.

Flynn and Connolly to start on Saturday with Cammy and McAllister on the bench.