Neil Lennon

HSS

Wow!

though in fitba, mibbe no “wow”...

it seemed inevitable.   I think he might have gone earlier but they let him paddle on, up shit creek, until they could find someone “worthy” to pacify the punters.  I wonder who they’ve found...?

A Jock Stein look-alike?

One of the biggest car crashes in managerial exit history. Why he was not gone sooner than this, why they thought for one second a manager like Neil Lennon deserved the time to turnaround the poor season, why it has panned out like this now. I genuinely think most would struggle to pen a worse handling scenario by Celtic on this. 

Always one of my guilty pleasures in Scottish football, when one of the Glasgow tourists go through such a spell. :whistle Only downside is it almost never happens to both at the same time. 

48 minutes ago, Slash said:

Some of us remember the late 70s and early ‘80s when Rangers and Celtic were struggling to compete domestically and also their failed attempts to win the Anglo Scottish cup. 

I remember Saints targetting Rangers as the next club to overtake in the league.

Then they signed Souness and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

One of the biggest car crashes in managerial exit history. Why he was not gone sooner than this, why they thought for one second a manager like Neil Lennon deserved the time to turnaround the poor season, why it has panned out like this now. I genuinely think most would struggle to pen a worse handling scenario by Celtic on this. 

Always one of my guilty pleasures in Scottish football, when one of the Glasgow tourists go through such a spell. :whistle Only downside is it almost never happens to both at the same time. 

Proof, if it was needed that you never read posts apart from your own.  :rolleyes:

See my suggestion in the post directly above yours for why he was "not gone sooner".

Kennedy is not legend enough to be acceptable to the support.

You need charisma, footballing vision, charm, Cup and league success with  Celtic and with other clubs...

An acknowledged Celtic legend, in other words...

Only one man fits that impressive bill -

and he'll be playing hard to get - hence the delay in firing Lennon.

Buddies...

I give you:

Alan Stubbs

Edited by antrin

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

Kennedy is not legend enough to be acceptable to the support.

You need charisma, footballing vision, charm, Cup and league success with  Celtic and with other clubs...

An acknowledged Celtic legend, in other words...

Only one man fits that impressive bill -

and he'll be playing hard to get - hence the delay in firing Lennon.

Buddies...

I give you:

Alan Stubbs

Or maybe Souness. :whistle

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe the reason he had left now, is he couldn't face the fact that the blue mob could win the league at Parkhead :rolleyes:

The reason he has left now is it was a case of resign or be sacked

3 hours ago, Slash said:

Some of us remember the late 70s and early ‘80s when Rangers and Celtic were struggling to compete domestically and also their failed attempts to win the Anglo Scottish cup. 

Haha that must have been delicious. 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Proof, if it was needed that you never read posts apart from your own.  :rolleyes:

See my suggestion in the post directly above yours for why he was "not gone sooner".

I did read your post, I didn't think it was worth my time considering further in my separate response. Your post (or anyone's) aside, I think it is staggering he wasn't gone far sooner. 

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Going to interesting to see what option Sellick go for

The Frank Lampard approach with his 10m salary or the Scot Brown approach that will cost them their league status

Couple of my group chats have been going mental since this morning. "big names" and all this. For me football has moved on a bit from these big name managers, I would much rather a young, modern game knowledgeable coach who is hungry and switched on to the mechanisms of the modern game with a strong backroom staff behind him than a big name now. (Regarding St Mirren Goody ticks this box for me)

In saying that, I do see the benefit in a name attracting players. If I was Celtic I would 100% be trying to get someone like Lampard who ticks both the boxes IMO. 

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Couple of my group chats have been going mental since this morning. "big names" and all this. For me football has moved on a bit from these big name managers, I would much rather a young, modern game knowledgeable coach who is hungry and switched on to the mechanisms of the modern game with a strong backroom staff behind him than a big name now. (Regarding St Mirren Goody ticks this box for me)

In saying that, I do see the benefit in a name attracting players. If I was Celtic I would 100% be trying to get someone like Lampard who ticks both the boxes IMO. 

The only good thing about that is they would need to sell ALL the best players to afford him. :)

Just now, oaksoft said:

Having both Lampard and Gerrard managing those two teams in Scotland at the same time would be absolute box office gold.

I wonder if Doncaster and the others in charge of our game are capable of properly cashing in on that.

What would make it attractive and cash generating?   :unsure:

It is still simply sponsored bigotry and reaction.  There would be no beneficent  trickle-down to diddy clubs.

Apart from pointing and laughing, I certainly won't change the habit of a lifetime and bother my arse about who manages either.

49 minutes ago, antrin said:

It is still simply sponsored bigotry and reaction.  There would be no beneficent  trickle-down to diddy clubs.

Apart from pointing and laughing, I certainly won't change the habit of a lifetime and bother my arse about who manages either.

Not everything is about YOU. :lol:

Having those two managers in particular at those two clubs will generate interest pretty much everywhere in the world and particularly in England.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

^^^^^^ 5 posts would suggest otherwise. :lol:

6 and counting. 

#bufoon 

Edited by faraway saint

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not everything is about YOU. :lol:

Having those two managers in particular at those two clubs will generate interest pretty much everywhere in the world and particularly in England.

OK - I'll try again.

How would any of this alleged world-wide box-office gold ever be available to any Scottish Diddy Club or enhance the Scottish, non-twin-buttock fan's enjoyment of the season?

Or even fitba fans in Bettles, Ulan Bator or Kathmandu?

WGAF about a couple of has-been engerlish players managing in an obscure diddy league?

You've been consuming too much tabloid keich.

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

OK - I'll try again.

How would any of this alleged world-wide box-office gold ever be available to any Scottish Diddy Club or enhance the Scottish, non-twin-buttock fan's enjoyment of the season?

WGAF about a couple of has-been engerlish players managing in an obscure diddy league?

Might even get the league a sponser .... whoever Sellick get i hope they are shite and give us 12 points next season..... and yes i am on the beer and peanuts

59 minutes ago, antrin said:

OK - I'll try again.

TV contracts.

Now away back to your....whatever it is you do at night when you're not bothering me with your nonsense.