Neil Lennon

HSS

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

One of the biggest car crashes in managerial exit history. Why he was not gone sooner than this, why they thought for one second a manager like Neil Lennon deserved the time to turnaround the poor season, why it has panned out like this now. I genuinely think most would struggle to pen a worse handling scenario by Celtic on this. 

Always one of my guilty pleasures in Scottish football, when one of the Glasgow tourists go through such a spell. :whistle Only downside is it almost never happens to both at the same time. 

So, Lennon, with a 70% win rate, even in his latest tenure, and has lost 55 from 337 when he's been in charge of Celtic, has handled things badly? :lol:

As usual football supporters, especially the OF supporters, panic when they don't win every game.

The fact that Rangers have seriously upped their game has exaggerated Celtics woes.

That's not escaping they have bene poor overall, especially in defence, which was apparent from early on in the season. 

Anyhow, I REALLY don't give a fcuk, unlike @antrin who can't help his obsession with the OF, more so Rangers. 

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, Lennon, with a 70% win rate, even in his latest tenure, and has lost 55 from 337 when he's been in charge of Celtic, has handled things badly? :lol:

As usual football supporters, especially the OF supporters, panic when they don't win every game.

The fact that Rangers have seriously upped their game has exaggerated Celtics woes.

That's not escaping they have bene poor overall, especially in defence, which was apparent from early on in the season. 

Anyhow, I REALLY don't give a fcuk, unlike @antrin who can't help his obsession with the OF, more so Rangers. 

No, I could not have been clearer on this. The handling of him leaving the club. He’s just doing a job (poorly obviously) the manner in which it has dragged out & he’s finally left has been a complete shambles by Celtic. 

As for an around 70% win rate, I see that as a bit of an expectation for the Glasgow tourists managers, he certainly hasn’t had that this season. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No, I could not have been clearer on this. The handling of him leaving the club. He’s just doing a job (poorly obviously) the manner in which it has dragged out & he’s finally left has been a complete shambles by Celtic. 

As for an around 70% win rate, I see that as a bit of an expectation for the Glasgow tourists managers, he certainly hasn’t had that this season. 

He's currently on 63% this season.

Why has it dragged out? 

You are a simpleton, unable to look at the bigger picture, oh wait, we've been here before.

See ya. :byebye

Up to 2021, only one manager in the history of CFC had a higher win ratio... Still... You know best! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Such a poor job.

It is so easy to judge a manager when you don't know what he is facing day by day.

I may not particularly like Lennon... but he has earned a far lot more respect from me than you ever could! Screenshot_20210224-223800.jpeg

And if 70% success rate is your expectation... Only three managers, including Lennon, have achieved that in the club's history! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You really are the perfect Old firm fan!
[emoji41][emoji12]

Lennon took over a Celtic team that was easily the strongest in the country with the greatest resources to hand and within two years had effectively lost the League after losing the New Year derby game. He's been a "dead man walking" since then (possibly earlier) but the Celtic BoD clearly took the gamble that he could keep things respectable till the end of the season - he hasn't and it's been LoL material...

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's currently on 63% this season.

Why has it dragged out? 

You are a simpleton, unable to look at the bigger picture, oh wait, we've been here before.

See ya. :byebye

I am not saying Neil Lennon has handled anything badly ffs, let me try and make this EVEN clearer for you. 
The handling of the Neil Lennon exit from Celtic football club has been exceptionally poor handled by the people responsible for having a manager at Celtic football club. I think it was very clear early on in this season that he wouldn’t be the man to retain the title & they should have acted much faster. That view is not only shared by many Celtic fans, it is a correct view given where we are now. 

You can bang on about percentages all you want & have your wee snipes as usual but you’re the one that isn’t grasping a very simple point. Neil Lennon’s record as a football a manger isn’t good enough to think ‘wait & see’ was the right approach. Mr Bean would probably have a 60%+ rate at a team like Celtic  

Tears into the ignore button again is it? 😂

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

And if 70% success rate is your expectation... Only three managers, including Lennon, have achieved that in the club's history! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You really are the perfect Old firm fan!
emoji41.pngemoji12.png

Are you actually claiming Lennon’s performance this season was acceptable? 
How many Celtic managers haven’t had a Rangers team for company during most of the period of their management? 
Lennon is a rotten football manager that has been found out on several occasions to crumble when he’s had decent competition. 

Edited by bazil85

Up to 2021, only one manager in the history of CFC had a higher win ratio... Still... You know best! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Such a poor job.

It is so easy to judge a manager when you don't know what he is facing day by day.

I may not particularly like Lennon... but he has earned a far lot more respect from me than you ever could! Screenshot_20210224-223800.jpeg

I think I would have had a similar win ratio to Celtic during Lennon’s time as manager. Or you, or anyone else off the street. His performances at Hibs (largely), Bolton & as soon as Rangers presented decent competition proves (IMO) he isn’t a good manager. Found out. 

Imagine it’ll be his last job in football management 

As for the respect point, cry me a river. 

Edited by bazil85

Are you actually claiming Lennon’s performance this season was acceptable? 
How many Celtic managers haven’t had a Rangers team for company during most of the period of their management? 
Lennon is a rotten football manager that has been found out on several occasions to crumble when he’s had decent competition. 
Nope.
I'm saying the points on which you base your argument are without any foundation whatsoever.

You stated the numbers.

I showed them to be ridiculous.

Accept it... You just made an arse of yourself yet again.

I think I would have had a similar win ratio to Celtic during Lennon’s time as manager. Or you, or anyone else off the street. His performances at Hibs (largely), Bolton & as soon as Rangers presented decent competition proves (IMO) he isn’t a good manager. Found out. 

So you are a self proclaimed better manager statistically than Gordon Strachan?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Your self delusion is so entertaining! [emoji23]

(largely)

Interesting.

Let's leave out any achievements when rating a manager's performance!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You are SO funny.

Nope.
I'm saying the points on which you base your argument are without any foundation whatsoever.

You stated the numbers.

I showed them to be ridiculous.

Accept it... You just made an arse of yourself yet again.

So you are a self proclaimed better manager statistically than Gordon Strachan?

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png

Your self delusion is so entertaining! emoji23.png

(largely)

Interesting.

Let's leave out any achievements when rating a manager's performance!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You are SO funny.

All the above is utter nonsense and just argumentative for the sake of the argument. You twist & spin my words to fit your agenda when the reality is 

- Celtics season is in the bin 

- Lennon failed miserably this term 

- he has no track record that justified keeping him on for so long 

- Celtic’s handling of it has been laughable. 

To somehow manage to spin an argument out of all those valid points shows the levels of desperation you’ll go to for engagement with me. Just can’t help yourself anymore (you’ve tried) 😀

Edited by bazil85

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Lennon took over a Celtic team that was easily the strongest in the country with the greatest resources to hand and within two years had effectively lost the League after losing the New Year derby game. He's been a "dead man walking" since then (possibly earlier) but the Celtic BoD clearly took the gamble that he could keep things respectable till the end of the season - he hasn't and it's been LoL material...

I'm taking that, in your opinion, our victory over them, is somewhat diminished then? 

Neil Lennon is poisoned twisted twat- a terrible man manager , totally disrespectful to his own supporters, and other managers, as a tactician who is totally found out, not just domestically but also in Europe.....

If he truly was a legend he would have jumped on his sword long before his god father pushed him.....

This season has been a disaster, been lets forget his track record in cups at his first attempt. He has been living off the Barca game for 10 years, a game where Barca have over 80% possession …. and over 30 shots

Just hoping we get our stand back , cause we deliver top 6, Tony will insist CL in 2023 :wink:    

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Neil Lennon is poisoned twisted twat- a terrible man manager , totally disrespectful to his own supporters, and other managers, as a tactician who is totally found out, not just domestically but also in Europe.....

If he truly was a legend he would have jumped on his sword long before his god father pushed him.....

This season has been a disaster, been lets forget his track record in cups at his first attempt. He has been living off the Barca game for 10 years, a game where Barca have over 80% possession …. and over 30 shots

Just hoping we get our stand back , cause we deliver top 6, Tony will insist CL in 2023 :wink:    

Poisoned?

All the above is utter nonsense and just argumentative for the sake of the argument. You twist & spin my words to fit your agenda when the reality is 
- Celtics season is in the bin 
- Lennon failed miserably this term 
- he has no track record that justified keeping him on for so long 
- Celtic’s handling of it has been laughable. 
To somehow manage to spin an argument out of all those valid points shows the levels of desperation you’ll go to for engagement with me. Just can’t help yourself anymore (you’ve tried) [emoji3]
Not one of those "valid points" were in your original argument which was so easily trashed.

Why you didn't say that in the first place who knows.

As ever, you have spouted nonsense.
Been called out!

Then countered by completely changing your argument allied with the "out to get me can't stay away" boring copy and paste diatribe you keep handy!

Up there with Jock Stein!
Self proclaimed Celtic legend! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]